What does your username mean?

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Couldn't find any other threads like this one so yeah.

What is with your username?

Mine is a reference to one of my favourite games ever - Metal Gear Solid II. Iroquois is short for Iroquois Pliskin, a fake name used by Solid Snake during the early stages of the Plant mission. I also found out it's an Algonquin word meaning "snake" so it's an interesting play on an otherwise uninteresting name.

You?

Mine is the result of an indecision to come up with a good name. Though I'm trying to change it to something else. I just need to create the proper avatar.

Hasn't someone done this before. Asking what all our names mean? I could swear I've seen it.

Originally Posted by Eyes
Hasn't someone done this before. Asking what all our names mean? I could swear I've seen it.
Yeah, me too....

Female assassin extraordinaire.
mine has had many incarnations across mofo by various peeps who could not spell it, but it is indeed tres simple:

smiling --> smilin' --> ADD LISP --> thmilin

I borrowed these links from an old holdenpike post in a similarly original thread from a wheel back.

look here and here.

As for linespalsy (Lines Palsy), he was a character I made up for a story several years ago. I think the name itself is far more interesting than its origin, sadly.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Darth, because of my dark side, hey I'm a Scorpio, go figure!
Stujitzu- my name is Stuart, hence the Stu part, Jitzu because I'm into Tai Chi and all things oriental, Stujitzu is just a name that's stuck recently.
Most people know me as Stoogie, which I've been called since I was a kid, but I felt like a new identity on the web. Does Darth Stujitzu make me seem mysterious and dangerous? Probably not, but hey we're all internet geeks!
If you really want, you can call me Brenda on the weekends!
Have I mentioned that Scorpios are the sexiest zodiac sign?
Any single babes looking for a sexy Scottish man, come get some!
P.S. I need a greencard for New York!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Well I guess mine is kind of obvious, but there is more to it than simply being the 7th son. I am the seventh son of my parents, although I am not the seventh born there are a few girls too. If that was not enough my Father was the 7th son out of his siblings, and to put the topping on the cake my grandfather was....yep the 7th son. Not sure about my great grandfather, but I have been trying to find out.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
That I'm sent from the man upstairs~!
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

I am a god of a large flock of flightless birds.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm actually a famous author.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
I was nicknamed The Sarge at my last workplace after having sexual relations with 19 of the female office and shopfloor staff.

Nothing at all to do with The Rock's character in the Doom movie.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Uncle Rico becasue of the best character from Napolean Dynamite. I made it back when the movie was not over quoted.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

My name is a reference to the black knight in the game of chess.

Bad Morther****er
I'll admit it I'm the guy that likes all thoughs John Travolta films; you know the ones after Grease and before Pulp Fiction.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

Originally Posted by darkhorse
My name is a reference to the black knight in the game of chess.
really? I'd have thought it was after the comics.

Originally Posted by Eyes
really? I'd have thought it was after the comics.
Actually, no. I like the comics, sure, but it was, more specifically, a reference to the knight from chess.

Also, I created this user name during the '04 Presidential Race, and it was also a reference to the "dark horse" Democratic candidate, whoever he was going to be at the time. Turned out that it was John Kerry, and, sadly, he lost to the incumbent, Bush! But there's always '08!

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
I, Sexy Celebrity, am a scorpio as well.

Do I make you horny baby???
Glad to have a fellow scorpio on the forum, makes the site soooooo much more sexy!!!!