The MoFo Top 100 Films Directed By Women Countdown: Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Pfft, I already rejected this request when it was coming from users I actually like. Don't think you're going to fare any better.

Seriously, though, I was all set to post it but then hit a snag once I realised that there were literally twenty separate ties I needed to break up so as to get the order of the list right. Whoever I gave the list to would have to break those ties anyway (unless they wanted to post a half-assed list). Sorry that this is taking too long for you, but that's the price of getting it done right.
Have you voted yet? You can break up those ties.

Suspect's Reviews

Does the way i said to break the ties not sort them all out? If not i'd honestly just decide which you like better or flip a coin to break them as i don't think anyone cares at this point, they just want to see the Countdown. Grateful you're still trying to do it well though.

Welcome to the human race...
Suspect - this is after I included my vote.

Camo - not only are there twenty ties to break, but a good fraction of them involve three-way ties and there's even one instance of a four-way tie, so that only complicates things further. That being said, I've already broken the first five and that gives me about twenty titles that are ready to go so once I set up the formatting of each entry's post I think I can actually get started for real.

Per Camo's suggestion, I sort it first by number of individual votes, then if there are equal numbers of votes, then I arrange them by which one has the highest individual vote (e.g. if there's a tie between two entries with two votes each, the one with the 1st place vote beats out the one with the 4th place vote). That's the system I'm using and it's better than tying up what is looking like at least a third of the list.

Anyway, I'm putting some of the final touches and I might actually have a countdown thread started within the hour.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Anyway, I'm putting some of the final touches and I might actually have a countdown thread started within the hour.
That's Australian time, which is 3 days everywhere else.

Yeah yeah, get it all out here because I will not tolerate this type of negative energy being brought into the actual countdown.

Yeah, fair, keep all issues in this thread and let the countdown be about the films themselves.

Re: "arbitrary." I don't think arbitrariness is the issue. It's whether the criteria leaves you with a sufficiently broad pool of films to draw from. The reason this list is potentially important--women directors are relatively rare--is precisely the thing that makes submitting lists for it harder. All the moreso when combined with the decision to exclude films co-directed by women.

Pfft, I already rejected this request when it was coming from users I actually like. Don't think you're going to fare any better.

Seriously, though, I was all set to post it but then hit a snag once I realised that there were literally twenty separate ties I needed to break up so as to get the order of the list right. Whoever I gave the list to would have to break those ties anyway (unless they wanted to post a half-assed list). Sorry that this is taking too long for you, but that's the price of getting it done right.
Everyone else did it right in a matter of days...