SPOILER THREAD: Discuss "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"

→ in
Tools    

He isn't a pilot though...He kept having to find pilots to fly him somewhere. Doesn't seem like a good fit, and is now in a coma-like state. Poe is the pilot!
He could always learn... He is at a rebel base after all. And maybe it could be more than just him and Chewy on the falcon. Maybe Poe can co-pilot with Chewy while Finn mans the turret. Or something like that.

A system of cells interlinked
He could always learn... He is at a rebel base after all. And maybe it could be more than just him and Chewy on the falcon. Maybe Poe can co-pilot with Chewy while Finn mans the turret. Or something like that.
I would be on board with that! They already set up a relationship that fits this with the Tie Fighter gunner scene with those two, so it would work!

I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.
Oh yeah... "What was your job?"

"Sanitation"
Reminds me of a line from Clerks.

'Do you think the average storm trooper knows how to install a toilet main?'

Seemed like there might be some interracial love going on eventually.

Finn and Rey?

They seem like they're gonna have a thing going on. They seem like the new Han and Leia.

I don't know if they'll go there, but I can see it happening.

They're probably gonna break all the rules. Female lead. Black lead. Interracial love.

I'll call it now -- Kylo Ren will turn out to be gay.

And Captain Phasma -- she screams LESBIAN!

And that MAZ KANATA totally reminded me of Whoopi Goldberg.

And she's probably a lesbian, too.

So rumor I heard is that Finn is the son of Lando Calrissian... hmmmmmmm

Also.. to go back to what I said about Ben Solo looking like Anakin Skywalker

and Rey looking like Padme Amidala

I definitely see the resemblance between Rey and Padme. I really have no reason to believe that Rey isn't Luke's daughter.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Seemed like there might be some interracial love going on eventually.
I am fully expecting it. I, of course, don't know how it will be. I just assumed by the way they had them interact with each other that they were going to eventually be a couple. But then again, they could've just been having some fun with those characters, and, in the end, they will steer away from any sort of romance this time around (meaning, in this trilogy). Who knows?

So rumor I heard is that Finn is the son of Lando Calrissian... hmmmmmmm
I heard that one a long time ago, but I can't remember where it was. I didn't know if it was just people "talking". Starting rumors for the sake of starting rumors, or if this could, indeed, be a big possibility.

Also.. to go back to what I said about Ben Solo looking like Anakin Skywalker
Truth be told, I don't see it. I just don't. But like I said, why does he have to look like a Skywalker? Han has a family, too. So, that is where I am going with it.

Also, though, since I saw it, I am more accepting of him in that role. I didn't mind the performance. It was his looks that bothered me. I don't really care that they cast him anymore. I can't keep complaining about something that can't be controlled. What's done is done for me with this film. Casting wise, at least. I've still got some other questions going on in my mind. And that is why I need to go see this again in the next few weeks.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Interesting theory put to me today...what if Rey is related to Obi-Wan? She heard his voice first when she touched the lightsaber. Maybe it's not her parents that are important, but her other relative? I don't think she's a child of Obi-Wan, but then who knows, he did live in hiding for a long time between Ep III and Ep IV. It's not inconceivable that he might father a child. Something to think about.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Interesting theory put to me today...what if Rey is related to Obi-Wan? She heard his voice first when she touched the lightsaber. Maybe it's not her parents that are important, but her other relative? I don't think she's a child of Obi-Wan, but then who knows, he did live in hiding for a long time between Ep III and Ep IV. It's not inconceivable that he might father a child. Something to think about.
I mentioned that in my first post on this thread, I do think that could be a possibility, but I'm leaning more toward being a Skywalker.

It'd be so awesome if this is the first line in Episode 8,

Luke: Rey, I am your father.

Rey being Luke's daughter gives the movie a good excuse for having "a female Luke Skywalker" as the lead. 'Cause let's face it -- that's what this whole trilogy is gonna be about. That is the gimmick / the difference that is being offered here. It's a WOMAN'S turn to take over the franchise. That's the gimmick everywhere -- Mad Max basically did it. Ghostbusters are grotesquely doing it. Now Star Wars.

Anyway -- you can't decide on whether or not your kid is gonna be male or female... so if Luke's only child is a daughter... that's an excuse for why we have a female lead. Can't help it -- he had a daughter, not a son. The first movie is just to prep us for when they finally announce it. To get us to like her and even Finn (the black lead). And I won't be surprised if Finn is Lando's son. A lot of this may seem too coincidental to happen... but it's a movie... and there's a Force. A Force that makes these things happen.

Yeah Princess Leia should have been male too
Twin boys, who share a gay kiss.

They should remake Star Wars with Luke Skywalker and Prince Lee.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who wanted more of Poe Dameron.