Noob here

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Thought I should introduce myself rather than continue hijacking dteam's thread..

I have read the rules and that all seems fair enough to me. One question, my brother is in the film industry and so are his partner and various friends. Is plugging movies for them considered spam? I am not in the film industry myself and do not get paid to promote their work on social media, but understand if you regard it as a no no. And as a discalimer, I did not come to this board for the sole intention of plugging them (I didnt even think about it until I read the rules).

Total film nerd. Used to be solely a movie nerd but switched over to tv shows relatively recently. Recent shows that thoroughly entertained me
Westworld
The Night of
The Crown

Looking forward to Better Call Saul and just kicked off final season of black sails

Like but not unreservedly The Path, but I tend to whine a lot about my issues with it so just tell me to quit my whining

Getting bored with GoT and super bored with TWD but very happy for the cast and crew they have been such juggernaughts. I dont think that's the right way to spell that.

Most recent movies I really enjoyed

Dr Strange
Deepwater Horizon
Captain Fantastic
Autopsy of Jane Doe although I fell asleep towards the end and missed the reveal
La La Land which surprised me because I dont like musicals.

I'm a prolific poster but a lazy typist so please be gentle if i omit '. I dont, however, use text speak.

OK that's a bout it. I'm in the middle of a stinking heatwave in the southern hemisphere so going outside to hose myself down. Thanks for having me on board. And thanks for the invite, dteam.

Legend in my own mind
I'm a relative noob too. See you around

Absolutely. I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Hi Noob.

Thanks champion. Sorry for getting back so late to your comment on my profile. I replied to myself. Such a dope.

Yeah, no worries on posting a bit about your brother's projects. You're clearly here for the right reasons and we're actually very interested in other members' connections to, and forays in, the film world. As long as it isn't constant or too overt, you're good. But thank you for checking.

No, it wont be constant, I promise. He has one in post production now which should be a lot of fun. I think he only has domestic stuff on at the moment so he can hang about and spend time with his kids. The shoots have him away for 6months plus a year and he really misses the scalliwags.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
mark f at his most laid back lol
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Another cool gif. I saw the first two seasons of Vikings. Really enjoyed it. Dropped off only because I was away for a while and have a problem binge watching to catch up. Goldfish brain.

I recently binged Night Of and The Crown but generally I like to get it on the first wave. My other problem is, I generally only like 1 or 2 shows running at the same time because when I really love a show I like rewatching it during the week on different levels. I'm not sure if that makes sense but I'll try to clarify later. With Vikings I think I had three or four shows going so I started disconnecting frm the characters. Once I disconnect I tune out. When I drop a show I rarely get back to it. I dropped Spartacus when Andy whitfield died and I still haven't picked it back up. I was just really sad about it.

Still, I was talking to someone the other day about places like netflix airing an entire season. I think it's a great way forward for those who do binge watch. Very innovative, I thought.

I had also stopped watching Spartacus after season one due to the terrible news, but a few years later I decided to give season 2 a shot and I absolutely loved it. Way more than season 1. I wasn't that big a fan of the start of season 3, but think it came together well for the final episodes. As soon as I finished watching it and went back to see Gods of the Arena, I got my room mates to start watching season 1, and the three of us binge watched the entire series haha.

Spartacus was great. I was just gutted at the news of Andy's death. The second season was excellent. I keep meaning to pick it up again but another show starting out grabs me.

Ye'll be whizzing around the place in no time - welcome in!