Name this movie: A girl jumping into a pool on a horse

Tools    

Does anyone remeber the name of the movie, where the girl wanted to become a star by jumping from different heights into the pool with a horse. and the she had an accident and became blind. kinda based on true story.
i was so sure that Harvey Keitel in it, but on imdb couldn't find anything. its pretty old movie. thanks a lot.

FYI: I've edited this thread's title. Please, in the future, refrain from using vague titles like "name this movie" -- it'll help immensely, I'm sure, if the subject is more descriptive.

thanks

That's Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken (1991), starring Gabrielle Anwar (Scent of a Woman, Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead, For Love or Money), based on the true story of Sonora Webster. No Harvey Keitel, I think you've misremebered Cliff Robertson (Spider-Man, Charley, Three Days of the Condor). It was a Disney flick, and they used to run it non-stop on The Disney Channel, back in the day.

Not currently available on R1 DVD, but it is still in-print on VHS.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

wow! thanks a lot yeah that's the movie.
i was about 10 when i saw it first, i'm pretty sure that its going to be on dvd soon. thanks a lot!
now at least i know the name of the movie so i can look it up!

I am having a nervous breakdance
That poster just cracks me up... "A feel-good film for just about everyone!". Hillarious. And it's about a girl that jumps into swimming pools on a horse??

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Well, it's about a young girl in the Depession-era '30s who runs away and essentially joins the circus, taking the job of the platform dive on horse - believe it or not a popular trick of the day. Through this she finds a kindly mentor, becomes independent, proves she's strong despite her seemingly frail physicality, falls in love, etc. It's all pretty standard TV movie-of-the-week stuff. She's even blinded and continues the act because she loves and trusts her horsie (get out the violins). It's that kind of silly melodramatic toddle, really perfectly suited for The Disney Channel, if not PAX. And it is based on a true story, after all.

I think "just about everyone" would be bored by it and go into "MST3K" mode with all the cliches, but kids - especially girls from the ages of seven or eight or to twelve or so, may connect with it in an Anne of Green Gables/Little Women kind of way. Their parent's will be rolling their eyes and supressing groans half-way through, but it's OK fare for youngins.

That image I posted is just the cover of the VHS box. I don't remember what the poster actually looked like, if it was markedly different. Anyway, the "feel-good" tag wouldn't have been there - unless it was the video store poster and not the theatrical one-sheet.

its a movie from a childhood.
do u guys think its going to make it on dvd?

I doubt there's much rush for Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken to be released on DVD. It made zero dent at the boxoffice when released, and hasn't exactly cultivated a mass audience in the years since.

Perhaps with Seabiscuit coming out this summer, the other studios will try and get some of their horse-themed flicks onto the shelves? Dunno.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. The VHS is in-stock at Amazon.com, and it's only $10 plus shipping. Or you can scour eBay and the like for a used copy even cheaper than that.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by foxyladyk
its a movie from a childhood.
do u guys think its going to make it on dvd?
I hope you don't think I'm mocking you about this. I understand if the film means a lot to you since you loved it when you were little. I just thought the poster was so damned funny.

no i dont htink that u r moking me. hey, if the poster makes u laugh go nuts.

its not that big of a deal for me, as u could have see that i couldn't even remeber the name of the movie.

i think it will be on dvd, since some movies that no one heard of made it. i think this one will make it soon too. some day.

to:Holden Pike

oh no,i understand u.
i went to amazon.ca and they had so i ordered, i just prefer dvd
instead of vhs.

i dont know how much money it made in the box office.
i just didnt have alot of movies american around when i was groing up.

holy cow, now MY childhood memories are flooding back on this one as well... actually, more like teenage memories. they made us watch this one in english class back in high school, very educational....guffaw, guffaw, guffaw.

so, i got my movie
and i watched it........barely
i have no idea what i saw in that movie, the story was horrible, the actin was even worse...

i'm so disapointed...........