Donnie Darko = What?

Tools    

Reading some of the explanations makes the movie make less sense.
I agree with this. When you pull at the time travel thread all time travel films unravel.

Right guys I've read your replies I appreciate the help and having slept on it I have come to this comclusion....

Donnie Darko = Extremely Over Rated
I demand that you retract your statement immediately or I will violate you rectally! Don't think about..do it ; do it now!

I demand that you retract your statement immediately or I will violate you rectally! Don't think about..do it ; do it now!
Never! You can't hide from the truth!

I dont even know which I watched. Does anyone know which is on Netflix.
I watched the directors cut on netflix

This thread reminds me of when people bashed The Animatrix in favor of Naruto in terms of what is good Anime.

I'd ask what these Donnie Darko haters would say is a better movie so I can laugh at their answers, but I can see their top 10 lists so I don't need to. The Expendables is the worst film I have managed to avoid watching since Twilight.

I suppose it's all down to taste. Donnie Darko isn't a terrible movie just in my opinion over rated. My taste of movie is unesacerry explosions and one liners, but when a lot of people tell you how 'amazing' Darko is supposed to be it has to be tough for it to live up to its expectations. So the reason it is over rated is because some people make it that way. You have to remember this is a thread for opinions, I didn't set up this thread to intentionally bash the movie.