Searching for a certain SciFi/Horror movie

Tools    

Ah no, Strange Invaders does not fit as well.

What I cannot recall, besides the name, is if it was a movie or an episode (though it definitely was finished). And Twilight Zone is the only SciFi/Horror series I have seen aronud the 80s.

Does someone have an account with the IMDB forum and could post my description there? I guess this is the biggest place in the net for movie related questions. I do not want to connect my amazon account with their forum.

Semper Fooey
Ah no, Strange Invaders does not fit as well.

What I cannot recall, besides the name, is if it was a movie or an episode (though it definitely was finished). And Twilight Zone is the only SciFi/Horror series I have seen aronud the 80s.

Does someone have an account with the IMDB forum and could post my description there? I guess this is the biggest place in the net for movie related questions. I do not want to connect my amazon account with their forum.
I'll do it.

Thank you Will.15!
Maybe I am lucky and someone has watched it as well.

I have gone through the series and haven't found anything, yet. I will have another look tomorrow. Nevertheless, thank you very much for your continuous support, akatemple!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
From Wikipedia

While stopping at a gas station late one night in a small New Mexico town called Little Creek, a young girl gets out of the vehicle while her father goes inside. Exploring the empty main street of the town she meets a local boy, and both are soon mesmerized by a column of light from above. After a minute or two the light disappears and the young girl runs back to her father's car and they soon leave.
Twenty Five years later, the deputy marshal of the town (Vincent)is investigating a strange case of cattle mutilations with few leads to follow so far. His efforts are soon hampered by a scientist from California (Shepard). As the two conflict over the mutilations and their possible causes, they find themselves attracted to one another in an almost-familiar way, as if they share some unknown bond. As events unfold, they discover that they were the children shown at the beginning of the film and that the night depicted then changed their lives.
The boy stayed and became a deputy marshal while the girl went back to California, but she always felt a strange urge to return. Along with the blossoming romance between the two, the mutilation case comes to a head when the culprit appears to be a crazy old prospector hermit living alone on the outskirts of town (Schiavelli). The plot thickens, however, when the hermit claims that not only were the children visited by aliens that fateful night twenty five years ago - but so was he.
To make matters worse, the mutilations have a purpose - he has been carving out parts of the cattle and teleporting them into space using a device secreted away in a cave behind his cabin. While confronting the man near the device, an otherwise fatal blow from the alien "knife" fails to kill or even harm her. After being saved by the deputy, it becomes apparent that it was all an experiment by the aliens who then leave with whatever results they garnered from the incident.
It does not really sound like there are any aliens attacking or anything.

Semper Fooey
I dunno. They may show up at the end of the movie and are seen because the aliens leave.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I can't find a trailer or anything, there must be like 5 people in the world that saw this movie, nothing on youtube, IMDB does not even have a picture, Wikipedia has one but that's pretty much it.

Semper Fooey
And it has well known actors so you wouldn't think it would be that obscure.

Here is another suggestion> The Aliens are Coming (1980) even more obscure.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
There's even less info on The Aliens are Coming. Both of these movies are like a mystery to me, that just makes me want to watch them even more. Netflix has a save on The Return but does not even have a listing for The Aliens are Coming.

How the hell did you find The Aliens are Coming?

Semper Fooey
I didn't find it. I just put the question on the imdb board as Quirk requested. The guy who listed it was looking for a movie where there was a truck or car going down the highway with a loudspeaker saying, "The aliens are coming." It was a TV movie pilot for a series that didn't sell. This wasn't the movie he was searching.

I have made no personal effort to look for this because I figure with my rudimentary searching skills it would be pointless.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
lol, so wait does that mean there is no way of getting ahold of this movie,,,,, because when I am told I can't do something I tend to go into a fit because I need to do/see whatever it is.

Semper Fooey
There are sellers for aliens are coming from the gray market, but it looks too crappy to put money out for.

st ar suggested the return (1980)
Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2012-03-08-16h19m42s121.png
Views:	211
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	8645Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2012-03-08-16h20m05s140.png
Views:	219
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	8646Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2012-03-08-16h20m28s107.png
Views:	210
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	8647Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2012-03-08-16h26m30s135.png
Views:	214
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	8648Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2012-03-08-16h33m45s144.png
Views:	208
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	8649

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Nice screencap's genyav, 1 of them looks like it may be a man in a cave looking at something, but the rest of the pictures don't look like anything in the description.

Semper Fooey
I think it's been found by someone who actually saw it.

The Time Gauardian (1987)

Most of it is on youtube, but it is missing the first part.

Looks pretty goofy. Carrie Fisher looks like she thinks she is still in Star Wars.

i have previews this movie when in Russian thread was suggested but i just don't remember word about big UFO because I've do fast forward

http://www.videodetective.com/movies...-guardian/2553

Oh my god.......I am 99% sure that it is The Time Guardian!

I was close to think that I just dreamt it.....lol
And I guess it was well worth the trouble, 4 stars at the IMDB!!!

Thank you very much all for helping me finding that movie!
Really, I thought I would never see it again.

Edit: Australia...and there we have the desert setting...

Semper Fooey
Oh my god.......I am 99% sure that it is The Time Guardian!

I was close to think that I just dreamt it.....lol
And I guess it was well worth the trouble, 4 stars at the IMDB!!!

Thank you very much all for helping me finding that movie!
Really, I thought I would never see it again.

Edit: Australia...and there we have the desert setting...
This has been answered unless "99% sure" isn't good enough.