Buster Keaton's "What - No Beer?". Need some help.

Tools    

Semper Fooey
The first three questions to part 8. My printer doesn't work. so it's too hard to go back and forth.

Why don't you look where you're going? If you take this I'll take the house.

Ingrate!

But you're going to be.

Supercalifragilisticexpia-lidocious! =)
Whoa! Thanks!

11) 3:22. Only a couple of words: after "Lets fet organized here. You undestand?" and before "That's right! Lets punch in!"
12) 3:37. Everything, starting from "Elmer! Lets get to..." and up to "You'll take charge of the mixer, Elmer!"
13) 3:52. After "2 cups of sugar" were repeated for the last time, what did Jimmy say before the stutterer came up to him? It's some short phrase.
14) 4:28. What does Jimmy yell? Is it: "Elmer, will you stop?" And the next phrases up to "Elmer, shut up!"

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Part 8

4. "Here, we ain't got no place to sleep."
5. "Sure. All me life I was raised in a beer vat."
6. "Bossa (Boss), we work our fingers to the bone for you."
7. "It's stupendious!" (stupendous)
8. "An old German washerwoman gave it to me."
9. Malt extract, spoonfuls of hop, one large crock.
10. "The management will take suggestions if you'll strain them first."
11. "You take... "
12. "... work. Let's organize."
13. "You can't take two... you gotta have a... Yeah."
14. I cannot tell what the short guy says (peace, police, yeast??). Jimmy says, "Put the yeast in."

Semper Fooey
Who ever thought it was a good idea to team Keaton with Durante should have been hanged. The same problem shows up in Keaton's Columbia shorts (but not the earlier Educational ones) where he was usually teamed up with a more abrasive comic like Monte Collins or that imitation Martha Raye woman.

Sure thing, Keaton-Durante duo is very vivid.
Regarding a new portion of clips: gonna do it in 7-8 hours, after coming back from work.

Great job, christine!

It's not "franchisee". It's "franchised citizen". Otherwise, that looks good.

That voice is dubbed in. It sounds like either "So what do I do?" or "That's what I'd do."

I think he says, "There, there" instead of "Beer, Beer."

"Precinct" is what he said.

"120 million cracked lips "are stringing at the leech" - this is a fishing term which basically means "are waiting to take the bait".

Pilsinger - He actually says "Pilsener", a large brewery in Cleveland, Ohio.

I'll check back later for some more.
hahaa well corrected Mark, see it's not in my native tongue either

Hello, my friends, it’s me again.
Here comes part 9, the hardest and the longest one.

1) 0:01. What are the words of the hobo in the white shirt? And then… Sorry but I’m not sure in all the characters’ phrases up to 0:14 when Elmer says “Five. That’s it.”
2) I’ve already told you it’s a very hard fragment. So help me to recognize at least some phrases from Elmer’s words “Five. That’s it” and up to 0:30 when Jimmy says: “All right, turn it on again!”
3) The same((. Unfortunately can’t get everything clear up to 0:38 (“Go ahead! Five gallons now!”)
4) 0:55 They’re climbing the stairs. Starting from something like “turn it off” up to 1:15 (“That’s one!”)
5) From 1:18 (“that’s two!”) up to 1:23 (“that’s four!”)
I’m gonna continue in some minutes. Thank you all a lot in advance!

jeez this is hard. I can't make out what the white shirted hobo says !

3) from 0.30: can't make out what hobo says
Jimmy: turn it on very slow. Brace yourself.
Hobo: I'm bracin'
Jimmy:Go Ahead! Five gallons now! Go ahead turn it on will ya! Turn it on will ya please!

4) from 0.55 sounds like: turn it off. Where's the container, get the measure, get the measure, get the measure. Let me draw (?) this

5) from 1.18 that's two. Let me run it! that's three, that's four. Can't hear what any other people say apart from Jimmy

1) can only recognise Jimmys words:
Who forgot it?

Well go ahead and get it
Get out of the way , that's it

2) there's an awful lot of hullaballo going on here!

from 0.14 to 0.30 I can hear Keaton I think saying : five, five, that'll be...
Jimmy: you just...come on..bring on that water..bring on that water
someone: five..five gallons..shut the...???
Jimmy : ???...alright turn it on again

6) 2:43 What does Jimmy say? “Look at that…”
7) 2:52 “Shut it off!” and what comes next up to the word “explode” said for the first time?
8) 2:55 after “That will explode!” what are Jimmy’s words? “More than enough”? And the next sentence, too (up to “beer going a waste”)
9) 3:02 up to 4:12. I can figure out no more than 50% of what they say. I understand that this is a hard work for you too. I’m sorry for my coming suddenly out of blue, indeed.
10) From 4:12 (“pick up that barrel!”) up to 4:43. Elmer: “Let me out! I’m stuck!”
11) Right after that: “Help him, will you?” and up to “I’m stuck!”
12) 4:53 After “Attaboy!” up to “Hey, Elmer!”
13) Finally: from 5:02 up to the end starting from “What did you do with him?”
That’s hard indeed, I understand.
But it may turn out to be the last for today, or maybe I’ll upload only a short clip about a minute total.
That’s hard indeed, I understand.
But it may turn out to be the last for today, or maybe I’ll upload only a short clip about a minute total.
Thanks for a titanic job, christine! I really owe you one!

6) why look at that beer! look at the quality of it! awww get the feel of it! Get the feel of it!

7) Alright Elmer now shut it off. Now shut it off, no don't do that! open it up, it'll explode! - that's to 2.55

8) after 2.55 : Open it up! Elmer open that up it'll explode! You're in enough trouble already! Beer going to waste!

9) Elmer : I got it
Jimmy : what a colloseal (colossal) cranium! That's great! Listen you fellers get organised down there, get organised. The **** are poppin' the barrels are poppin' , get that barrel.
Elmer: I can't make out what he says

Jimmy: A million dollars going into thin air! It's a deluge that's what it is a deluge! Bring a barrel, bring up cases. That's it! Get down and get more cases. Go ahead get down and get more cases. Come on somebody! Haven't I got one creative mind in this midst (?) How're we gonna stop it? Bring a barrel , get cases. Come on now, that's it. Get down for more, get down for more, that's it. Here, take the barrels down, take the barrels down I sent for cases! ....understand me.... alright go down and get the cases now. I asked for cases and you're bringin' the barrels! Why didn't I go and hire someone from the intelligensia. How did I pick on you bums. How we gonna stop. I'm going crazy! I'm going crazy...

10) Jimmy: pick up that barrel , pick up that barrel. What the matter with you? ....I can't understand what's next ...what're you doing ? go ahead. Can't somebody do something?

11) Help him will you - I can't make out what that other guy shouts

12&13) 4.53..can't understand the background shouts but Jimmy says : there he is. Hey Elmer what'd you do with him? what'd you do with him? what'd you do with him? Elmer! where did he go? oh there. I think someone says " mystery" in the background

I can't understand any of the other guys shouting in the background at all! I don't know if anyone else can?

ps the bit where Elmer is trying to get the tops in the beer bottles and they're popping out is very funny!

Oh, thanks a lot! I'll start inserting these right now! By the way, tomorrow we'll be at the final part of the way! The finish can already be seen!
And I'm not sure if I gonna post more questions today)))
And well, I think not only this moment is funny, the whole film is a brilliant comedy!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Some additions.

1. Why don't you get the water?
Who forgot it?
I got it. There's the water.
Go ahead and get it.
Keep sweeping.
Fire. (referring to the fire hose)
Get out of the way.

2. Shut that thing off.
That's a lotsa water.

3. You turned it off.
All right, get down there. What happened.

4. Let me run it, will you please?
Take it.
All right.

10. After "What's the matter with you?", Jimmy says "We're going 4th and 10 or are you going to kick?"

This refers to American football and means 4th down and 10 yards to go for a first down. If the team with the ball doesn't make 10 yards on their fourth and final chance, the other team gets the ball at the spot the fourth-down play stops. Unless it's near the end of the game, the offensive team usually will kick or punt the ball away to preserve some field position.

11. I'll try.

12. That's not possible (? not really sure about that ??)

13. Where's Elmer? Where's Elmer? Here. Mystery.

10. After "What's the matter with you?", Jimmy says "We're going 4th and 10 or are you going to kick?"

This refers to American football and means 4th down and 10 yards to go for a first down. If the team with the ball doesn't make 10 yards on their fourth and final chance, the other team gets the ball at the spot the fourth-down play stops. Unless it's near the end of the game, the offensive team usually will kick or punt the ball away to preserve some field position.
ah Mark that's why I couldn't understand that bit. Wrong continent!

Well, hello everyone! Let’s go on! I think we may finish it today!
So:

1) 0:09. After something like “Now for the onslaught!” what does Jimmy say about the sign?
2) 0:22. The police voices in the background before the officer says “shoot to kill”.
3) His words after “desperate mob” and everything up to Elmer’s “I can hardly wait 4 our 1st customer”.
4) Everythin’ from that moment up to officer’s words about the sign at the wall of brewery.
5) 0:52. “Put the cuffs on them, boys. And keep your eyes in that guy with [WHAT?]”
6) His next sentence before “c’mon brin’ them out there. Put them in the car!”
7) What does Jimmy say after 6)?
8) From 1:06 and up to 1:31 (Elmer: “some mistake”)
9) Jimmy’s words right after that up to the end of the scene.
Now I’ll write the questions on the precinct scene.

1) Why we'll be trampled on when the pop'lace (polulace) gets a load of that beer sign outside

2) can't hear that! - Mark!

3) somebody get round the back there .....someone get that alley.*** you and the boys come with me, now come on!

Jimmy: It'll be a stampede, a mutiny!

4) Police: Stick 'em up!
Jimmy : why step right up boys! The best beer this side of Munich!
police: hey who put that sign up outside on the building?

5) schnozzle - Jimmy Durante's nickname cos he had a big nose!

6) He looks like a tough bird to me.

7) say, this won't go unchallenged!

I gotta go out for a few hours and I;m late! if no one else completes it I'll be back later Rex

All right then, thanks christine!

10) 1:46. Chief’s phrase after “offering for sale”.
11) 1:06. Jimmys sentence: “What did we do…” Does he distort the word “manifest” or what?
12) 2:00 What does Jimmy say about “porsecution” or something alike?
13) 2:07 What is “behind this!”?
14) 2:19 What citizens?
15) From the word “citizens” to the phrase “people of this community”
16) 2:31. What’s the chief’s short phrase after Jimmy says “Quiet!”
17) 2:47. “They were running a ……” – how does the sentence end?
18) 3:03. The end of the phrase: “Are you humiliated? Are you…?”
19) 3:11. Jimmy’s funny story: “I…” and up to the end of the scene.

20) 3:25. Does Jimmy say: “Took u alive turned to save that 10000”?
21) 4:01. What are stutterer’s words?
22) 4:20. Jimmy’s words about the lake.
23) 4:30. Are you guys ……? Then I’ll become a bootlegger”
24) 4:38. “You want to get your money back …………” What’s the end of the phrase?
25) 4:49. Only one word: “But now…”
26) 5:35. “You know, this …. Schultz”. How does he call him?
27) 5:45. “Why he’s…..” up to Elmer’s “And is this legal?”