Buster Keaton's "What - No Beer?". Need some help.

Tools    

part 5

1. speaker says "even at this point it's safe to say the country has given the wet forces an overwhelming landslide"

2. radio - it's all over folks all over but the shouting
man: Lorado Lorado what we going to do?
Larado: shut up! it's bad enough listening to that guy without hearing you!
radio...change in the prohibition situation
Girl: does this mean I won't get my new Rolls town car?
Larado - if the country goes wet you'll be lucky to ride round in a wheelbarrow
radio - ah now here's some interesting news..
Larado : Shut that thing off before I (can't make out that word)
radio..the political party that's swept into power has tried to..
Larado: Shut it off!
man: I'm trying to

3) The time is about 1:10. Jimmy's lookin' for Elmer. He gets to the the wrong booth - the one with the woman in it. What does he say: "The wrong booth, is it?" or what?

thinking about it when Jimmy gets his face slapped by the woman in the booth he might've said 'wrong precinct' . That'd be quite amusing.

Supercalifragilisticexpia-lidocious! =)
Well, it's part 6.

Only the 3 little moments.
1) about 1:47. Jimmy exclaims: Where's your (what???) ??? ... and make yourself rich! [then I don't quite recognise only the names, especially Bush's]
2) 2:28. Jimmy's question before Elmer's words "oh, he was smart"
3) 3:30. Jimmy's words starting from "You know" up to ...and I missed! (i.e. just 1 senetnce).

Well, it's part 6.

Only the 3 little moments.
1) about 1:47. Jimmy exclaims: Where's your (what???) ??? ... and make yourself rich! [then I don't quite recognise only the names, especially Bush's]
2) 2:28. Jimmy's question before Elmer's words "oh, he was smart"
3) 3:30. Jimmy's words starting from "You know" up to ...and I missed! (i.e. just 1 senetnce).
1. Jimmy: 123 million cracked lips..cant't get the next phrase...where's your patronism (I guess me means patriotism) here's the chance to do something for your country and make yourseves rich. Look at Anheuser-Busch, look at Schlitz, look at Pilsinger (the first two are American brewers but not sure about the last or the spelling but it must be another brewery) , look at me a barber and look at you an animal stuffer!

2. Elmer: my stuffing days are over I'm gonna make a million dollars
Jimmy: Elmer. Elmer that's great that's the attitude! We gotta get started tonight so we'll be ready for tomorrows rush. We'll be the only brewery in America ready for business. Shhh shhh you gotta keep quiet about making beer.
Elmer: we'll it's legal tomorrow isnt it?
Jimmy: I know but nobody thought of the idea but us. Don't you savvy?

3. Jimmy: you know last year I went huntin' and I shot at one of them...and I missed! Boy was I incensed!

Thanks for you help! I'm so obliged to you! =)

Part 7 is also simple.

1) 0:03. Hello, Jimmy, what's the (what?)"
2) 0:22. Jimmy says: "This is ...(???) You don't have to pay cash!"
3) 1:20. Jimmy's last words: "But I've got..."

Thanks for you help! I'm so obliged to you! =)

Part 7 is also simple.

1) 0:03. Hello, Jimmy, what's the (what?)"
2) 0:22. Jimmy says: "This is ...(???) You don't have to pay cash!"
3) 1:20. Jimmy's last words: "But I've got..."
1. Hello Jimmy what's the rush?
2. wait a minute Elmer this is high finance you don't have to pay cash
3. We were shell shocked together in France...but I got over mine

Rex you owe me several beers!
What are you doing with all this anyway?

Semper Fooey
This seems like a lot of much effort for a mediocre movie. I have trouble understanding dialogue and jokes in some old British comedies, but it never occurred to me to seek clarity by posting for help in a forum like this asking endless questions.

This seems like a lot of much effort for a mediocre movie.
Why would you say this? It's just mean. I applaud this guy for doing this. Think about all the great films you would have missed out on if it wasn't for the work of people like him. I'm not being facetious here. Is it that hard to help out this guy? Thank goodness for the Russian to English translators or I would have never experienced Tarkovsky!

Well, I don't consider this movie mediocre either. Besides, it's not British, it's American. This is my second translation of the comedies of the 30's (the first was "Professor Beware", I finished it a week ago). To tell the truth our Russian releasers would hardly come to these movies, especially takin' into consideration they were never released on DVD. I think that makin' my translation puplic would bring much joy to many people.

Semper Fooey
If these are subtitles I understand what you're doing, but if these translations are separate from the movies, it seems rather strange. Is there a reason you are focusing on the last sound films of silent comedians? (What No Beer was Keaton's last MGM and Professor Beware was Harold Lloyd's second to last.)

That film is quite an interesting little piece of history if you think about it being made as it was the same year prohibition ended. It must be hard work to translate from something that's not your mother tongue into your own language, specially something old that has outdated expressions.
Good luck to you Rex! I'll drink a Baltika on you

For sure, these are subs. I've already finished with the timing. The reason is that these are really good movies. For a long time all I knew about Keaton and Lloyd was that they were Jackie Chan's inspirers in his stunt comedies. But recently I came across some of these movies and... was really charmed! I'm gonna make as many traslations as many films I can get and until my inspiration will disappear.

And I gonna prepare part 8 for help!
Thank you all friends!
сhristine, I'd gladly create you a company with a bottle of Miller, but have to stay put and not to sleep in the next 5 hours, so I'm gonna leave it for another weekend!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
He probably doesn't have to translate the silent films since the intertitles are on screen.

Part 8, loooooong and LOUD!!)))

1) 0:13. Jimmy is abusing Elmer: "Elmer, why don't you...." What's this sentence? And the next one, too: "If you take this, I'll"...
2) 1:06. Jimmy is abusing his friend again: "...... Swine! After all I've done for you!" What's the first word?
3) 1:16. After Jimmy saying: "Elmer, we'we not alone in this brewery" what is Elmer's answer?
4) 1:57. What does the hobo in the light cap standing nearest to Jimmy and Elmer say about the "place to sleep?"
5) 2:12. What's the answer of the first hobo about beer? The sentence is starting with "sure".
6) 2:23. What's the answer of the third hobo in the cap, starting with "Boss..."
7) 2:45 What does Jimmy says when the lights are on? "It's amazing! It's ...!" What's that last word?
8) 2:55 About the formula. Who gave it to Jimmy as he says?
9) Then comes the formula itself. "Take 5 gallons of water, 1 cup of ... extract, 3 spoonfuls of ..., 1 small cup of yeast. Mix in one ..." What are the missing words?
Then comea a real diaster!
10) 3:13. Jimmy: "Wait a minute!" What are his next words? "...... will take suggestions if ....."

I haven't finished with this part. Some more questions will follow.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Great job, christine!

Fragment 1:
2. Ladies and Gentlemen tomorrow is a momentous day where each and every franchisee will be permitted to ballot to choose a President of the United States. We ballot the candidate to be selected for many other offices but first those of us assembled here tonight...I'm guessing this is the bit you're stuck on cos it's a bit indistinct with the others talking over the top but my guess is...vary that great tradition....Is there a constitutional amendment prohibiting liquor? Yes! Do we believe in enforcing this amendment? Yes! Do you want liquor back in this country?
It's not "franchisee". It's "franchised citizen". Otherwise, that looks good.

Thanks!
Fragment 2: 3) Right after that Jimmy makes his way inside sayin' "Elmer! Elmer!" What does one man says to another at this time? Something like "a good joke?"
That voice is dubbed in. It sounds like either "So what do I do?" or "That's what I'd do."

Great! That's superb indeed! Thanks! The third fragment gonna follow soon and after it I'd come to the untouched movie and slow down)

Fragment 3: At the Polling place.
1) The characters enter the room and Jimmy yells: "Beer! Beer!"
I think he says, "There, there" instead of "Beer, Beer."

thinking about it when Jimmy gets his face slapped by the woman in the booth he might've said 'wrong precinct' . That'd be quite amusing.
"Precinct" is what he said.

part 4

1. Out of a total of 3914 precincts 2612 have voted to repeal the state prohibition laws.
Jimmy says "It's amazing' it's amazin' 2612 precincts even the toffs are votin' wet

"Toffs" makes more sense but it sounds a bit like "cops".

2. the speaker says " Virginia this southern stronghold votes wet by a majority of over 200000
Jimmy says "it's a landslide, a tidal wave, a cloudburst, a Jupiter pluvius (I got this on a hunch Jupiter being the sender of rain )

I agree that he means "Jupiter" but he says "Jutiper".

Jimmy says " somebody in Alamama is holding out"

3. fat man says "everybody for beer!"

4. Jimmy says " you tellin' me! you tellin' me ! I was the first one to evocotate the measure - not sure on that last bit cos it's a bit nonsensical but maybe it's cos he's excited.

"Evocatate" as in "evoke".

5. I think Jimmy says " that's 262 electrical cowards ( I think he means electoral) votes , you see what it means to exercise your franchise

He says "electrical college" votes.
part 5

2. radio - it's all over folks all over but the shouting
man: Lorado Lorado what we going to do?
Larado: shut up! it's bad enough listening to that guy without hearing you!
radio...change in the prohibition situation
Girl: does this mean I won't get my new Rolls town car?
Larado - if the country goes wet you'll be lucky to ride round in a wheelbarrow
radio - ah now here's some interesting news..
Larado : Shut that thing off before I (can't make out that word)

"go screwy" (as in go crazy)

radio..the political party that's swept into power has tried to..
Larado: Shut it off!
man: I'm trying to
Part 6

1.Jimmy: 123 million cracked lips..cant't get the next phrase...where's your patronism (I guess me means patriotism) here's the chance to do something for your country and make yourseves rich. Look at Anheuser-Busch, look at Schlitz, look at Pilsinger (the first two are American brewers but not sure about the last or the spelling but it must be another brewery) , look at me a barber and look at you an animal stuffer!
"120 million cracked lips "are stringing at the leech" - this is a fishing term which basically means "are waiting to take the bait".

Pilsinger - He actually says "Pilsener", a large brewery in Cleveland, Ohio.

I'll check back later for some more.