Buster Keaton's "What - No Beer?". Need some help.

Tools    

Supercalifragilisticexpia-lidocious! =)
Hello everyone! I'm making a fan translation of WHAT-NO BEER? And thus I need some help. Well, I have only a VHSrip copy of this movie and thus can't recognise some phrases. Besides, I never lived in the USA, so I need some things to clear up. The 1st one is the following: in the beginning we see a big sign saying DRY RALLY. Well, I do know about Prohibition a bit, but what is the exact meaning of DRY RALLY? A meeting where people not approving prohibition gather?
Thank you all in advance =)
And besides, if I cut off some fragments of the movie with the phrases I don’t quite recognise, will it be difficult for someone to download it and to spell these to me? I just wanna reduce a number of translation mistakes to a minimum.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You asked if a dry rally was "a meeting where people NOT approving Prohibition gather". That is incorrect. A dry rally was Pro-Prohibition. In other words, a dry rally wanted no liquor and a wet rally wanted to repeal Prohibition to get liquor legal again. You may have meant this but that's not what it says in your first post.

If you put the clips up on youtube I'm sure someone will listen to any phrases you can't get. I can't download stuff sorry. There is a clip from that film up there already.

Ok, thanks a lot for the answers. Now it's all clear w/the dry rally. And yes, probably YouTube is the best way. I just need some time to finish with the other dialogues.

Thanks, I appreciate your desire to help me.
So I start:

The things I'm interested in are as follow:
1) What did Keaton say to the policeman?
2) What was the spokesman saying while Butch and Hortense were talking?
3) Butch's words are: "My hefty business depends on..." On what?

Thanks in advance. And how is the sound quality? Should I try to improve it?

1. I can't make out what they policeman and Keaton are saying while they're grappling. Keaton says something about his hat - manybe "watch it my hat"

3. Butch says "my future business depends on these longhairs" (which apparently in the 1920s meant intellectuals)

I'll come back to you on the middle bit. See if someone else can get the rest of the first bit

Thanks!
Fragment 2: At Elmer's.

So.. 1) When Jimmy leaves the car, he is singing something, right? So what are the words?
2) What Jimmy answers after a man asks: "What are u gonna do? Take it home?" The answer starts: "Why not? It's...." What's next?
3) Right after that Jimmy makes his way inside sayin' "Elmer! Elmer!" What does one man says to another at this time? Something like "a good joke?"
4) 3 secons later Jimmy says something about paradise. What exactly?
5) The time is about 1:37. Jimmy says: "Today's the elections day!" And then: that's why I... What did he say next?

2. Ladies and Gentlemen tomorrow is a momentous day where each and every franchisee will be permitted to ballot to choose a President of the United States. We ballot the candidate to be selected for many other offices but first those of us assembled here tonight...I'm guessing this is the bit you're stuck on cos it's a bit indistinct with the others talking over the top but my guess is...vary that great tradition....Is there a constitutional amendment prohibiting liquor? Yes! Do we believe in enforcing this amendment? Yes! Do you want liquor back in this country?

someone else might want to take a listen they might hear more distinctly. The sound quality seems pretty normal for an old film, but I don't have a great sound system on my computer so others might like to comment further.

blimey! you're quick!
This is what these sound like to me:

1. A hunt a fish and a glass of beer hey hey

2. Why not it's housebroke!

3. very indistinct, can't hear what he says

4 Gaze on a fishermans paradise

5. that's why I came home from the fishing trip

Great! That's superb indeed! Thanks! The third fragment gonna follow soon and after it I'd come to the untouched movie and slow down)

Fragment 3: At the Polling place.

One of the toughest.
1) The characters enter the room and Jimmy yells: "Beer! Beer!" What did he say to Elmer next, startin' from "and don't forget..." And what did a man asked to which "Jimmy, the barber" was the answer ?
2) Shortly after: Jimmy's answer about the 2nd name is "Potts! And not cracked!" or what?
3) The time is about 1:10. Jimmy's lookin' for Elmer. He gets to the the wrong booth - the one with the woman in it. What does he say: "The wrong booth, is it?" or what?
4) The time is 1:30. What are Jimmy's (or someone else's) words after "there would be no Constitution" and before Elmer says: "I don't wanna vote 4 Constitution". Right after that Jimmyy says: "I know that, but you vote for amendments!" And what is his next phrase about Amendment 7?

1. Jimmy :"and don't forget now use your head"
man: "and what's your name?"
Jimmy: "Jimmy the Barber"
Man: "what's your last name?"
Jimmy:" do I have to tell you that?"
Man "yeah"
2. sounds like - Jimmy: "Potts and don't crack" (...I guess he means don't crack a joke)

3. he says " the wrong something , it sounds like it begins with the letter P ..person? dunno that's a hard one.

4. Jimmy: without amendments there wouldn't be no constitution
Elmer: I don't wanna vote for the constitution
Jimmy ; I know but you vote for amendments that's what that meant, put an X after amendment 7.

Oh, great! Thank you again! The next part will follow in about 20 minutes)
And by the way, is it difficult for you to help me this way?

So, it's part 4 - ListeningPt1.

Turned out to be the most unclear to me.
1) What do the speker count in the beginning: "Out of total of 3914" WHAT? Some seconds later Jimmy repeats the word.
Then Jimmy says: "Even the [WHO?] is voting wet!"
2) appr. 0:29. After the soap gets into Elmer's eyes, what does the speaker says? The phrase ends: "with the majority of 200000!"
And what are Jimmy's exclamations after that?
And when the charaters talk about the Alabama voters, Jimmy says: "Somebodi in Alabama is... WHAT?"
3) about 1:01. A fat man crying what? "every goin' for beer?"
4) 1:04. What is Jimmy crying waving the razor in the air? Starting from "U tellin' me?" and closing with "We want beer!"
5) And finally: 1:28. That means 262 electrical WHAT? volts.

Part 5 is the shortest and the easiest.

1) 0:03. Spike is listening to the speaker: "Even at this point ...(what does he say?)... had given the wet forces an overwhelming landslide!"
2) 0:23. At Lorado's lair. Speaker: "It's all over, pops???" And after that up to words of Lorado's man ("what are we going to do?")
3) 0:42 The speaker's words again)

part 4

1. Out of a total of 3914 precincts 2612 have voted to repeal the state prohibition laws.
Jimmy says "It's amazing' it's amazin' 2612 precincts even the toffs are votin' wet

2. the speaker says " Virginia this southern stronghold votes wet by a majority of over 200000
Jimmy says "it's a landslide, a tidal wave, a cloudburst, a Jupiter pluvius
(I got this on a hunch Jupiter being the sender of rain )
Jimmy says " somebody in Alamama is holding out"

3. fat man says "everybody for beer!"

4. Jimmy says " you tellin' me! you tellin' me ! I was the first one to evocotate the measure - not sure on that last bit cos it's a bit nonsensical but maybe it's cos he's excited.

5. I think Jimmy says " that's 262 electrical cowards ( I think he means electoral) votes , you see what it means to exercise your franchise

some bits someone else might lend an ear to