Yoda's Birthday Today!

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Austruck
Yes, Piddz ... Over here, 21 means you can legally drink adult beverages in all 50 states.

Yee-haw, just what a mother wants to know. Gahhh.
No more illegal drinking, no more fake IDs... You should be happy!!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Happy B-day, Chris. I hope the hangover isn't crushing your head right now.

The Adventure Starts Here!
How fitting that this should be my 1,000th post here!
Just talked to Yoda on the phone: It's a green light for his flight home in a few hours. I'll be leaving to pick him up at the airport around 7 p.m. He'll be tickled to see this thread!

Piddz ... fake IDs? HA, he had a hard enough time getting the REAL one!

You ready? You look ready.
Holy crap!!! Good lesson to be learned here. Never leave for more then 2 or 3 days. You might miss something. Hope the day was happy. Because I mean it should be a happy birthday.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Happy birthday, Chris.

Dammit! I wanna say more, but your mama and lil' sis will see it, so I can't. This SUX!!!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Happy birthday, Chris.

Dammit! I wanna say more, but your mama and lil' sis will see it, so I can't. This SUX!!!
That's what PMs are for.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Piddz ... fake IDs? HA, he had a hard enough time getting the REAL one!
Yeah, I can imagine the authorities have trouble believing he's actually for real displaying that green complexion.

Well master every year I learn to respect you more and more....your a man of morals and I admire that, Your mother and dear gracie would be proud of you, heck Im from halfway round the world and I respect you....but I do miss those religious debates, Happy Birthday Big Daddy

history *is* moralizing
Yoda! i'm glad you're here to sometimes have some great arguments and whatnot and i'm glad there are people like you around!
some froggish humor for yr birthday?
here you are!

Haliheliga Udetiyisgyi My Friend!!!

Sorry I'm late... ... so, does it feel any different to be legally old enough to do the things you've been doing for years anyway?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Put me in your pocket...

Happy Birthday Chris!
I hope you had a great birthday and had fun celebrating.

Question for mom...

Sooo...Linda...how many hours of labor did you go through with Chris?
Was he an easy going baby or did he keep you up at night?

Arresting your development
GO YODA! IT's YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!

Damn, I missed it!

Neutral Milk Hotel
Happy Birthday
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Yoda was a relatively easy baby, once he was born. He was posterior (not breech), so the labor wasn't as much fun as I had hoped. *koff* He was born at 10:50 in the morning on Aug. 13, 1984, after about 24 hours of official labor (during much of which I sat around, ate, and watched TV). I had him at home. He was 9 pounds even, with a nice pointy head due to the long pushing stage of labor.

But, by about four weeks old, he was sleeping about 12 hours a night: from about 1 a.m. to 1 p.m., which was great for me, a night owl. I think he still keeps those hours to this day.

He's always been a nice mix of boyish and yet sensitive, smart and focused and yet chaotic, brilliant but yet a little naive (in a good way). Remind me to tell you guys about how he found out about eating chicken.... That's classic Chris.

(sniffle) My widdle Yoda is all growed up. *koff*

A system of cells interlinked
He is also ignoring his Birfday thwead....

Put me in your pocket...
I had him at home. He was 9 pounds even, with a nice pointy head due to the long pushing stage of labor.
You gave birth at home!?! Does this mean you didn't have drugs either?

How long did you push?

But, by about four weeks old, he was sleeping about 12 hours a night: from about 1 a.m. to 1 p.m., which was great for me, a night owl. I think he still keeps those hours to this day.

He's always been a nice mix of boyish and yet sensitive, smart and focused and yet chaotic, brilliant but yet a little naive (in a good way). Remind me to tell you guys about how he found out about eating chicken.... That's classic Chris.

(sniffle) My widdle Yoda is all growed up. *koff*
You're such a good mom.

Soooo...do you have any cute baby pic's...maybe touching his toes?
(I love those cute nekkid pics of baby's discovering their toes. Very sweet.)

MovieForums Extra
Man, I have got to check in more often. Happy Belated Birthday Chris. Glad to hear it was a good one.

Aniko, nope, no drugs, dammit. And, stupid me, I didn't learn my lesson because I had the other three at home too -- and they were bigger than Yods!

He was still the toughest birth, though, because of my own ignorance of labor. I stayed in bed too much and should have been up and around more. The other labors were easier. With Yods I pushed for a solid three hours, which is crazy-nuts and painful if you don't even know the baby is posterior. (The doctor knew, but just didn't want to tell me!) Ugh. I ended up with an episiotomy anyway (no drugs for that either, even though she did it too early), and hemorrhaged and fainted after the birth.

I didn't get the color back in my face or the palms of my hands or my feet for over a week. As I said, the other births (once I knew what I was doing) were very nice home births from start to finish. Yod's birth was really great once we got to this point:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris2-81384.jpg
Views:	3596
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	5118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris81384.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	5119