kung fu movie scene

Tools    

ah, well at least it's half (3/4?) solved for now.

i'll have to think about the other one. like i said there are so many movies that do variations on these sorts of things they all blur together after a while. maybe christine will get this one.

Well technically she got the last one, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Btw, I hate how there are so many clips on youtube of subpar kung fu fights and people think they represent the best of the old school kung fu movies. Most of them are terrible. I've seen tons of better ones on Kung fu Theater. I just wish they would gain more exposure. Thanks for your help!

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Is it Ma Yong Zhen?

&feature=related

Warning, excessive over-the-top violence!

that fight scene was too good.

oh crap the ending isn't right. i think i have 2 movies mixed up in my head that i somehow just associated as one movie in my head. this is definitely the one i was looking for, thanks for that.. but there's also another movie that has a guy breaking bamboo and like wrapping or tying people up in it as he fights them.. ring any bells?
lol you are murder! Two films with breaking bamboo! hmm Drunken Master II was the only one I can think of.

Sorry, but I feel the need to post this now

Pretty dumb. I'll have to agree with the critics on this one.

Is it? Oh. I thought people generally didn't like it, so I never saw it. I dunno, that fight sequence screams camp to me. The way his sleeve shot out like that made me lol, but not in an impressed way.

I do. I do. After this thread, I trust you and Lines to the grave.

A system of cells interlinked
The choreography seems la lil hokey in Iron Monkey... Good fighters though...

Hokey can work sometimes, I guess...

what kung fu movie has one dude fighting like 100 guys and they all surround him in some old chinese restaurant and the bad guys all have axes, but the hero breaks a bamboo pole and starts beating them by wrapping them up in it?
All of them?

while i can appreciate certain aspects of this type of choreography, i don't like it compared to the old school type of kung fu where the action didn't break as much and you could appreciate the dance created. this is more of a highly stylized fight in that it relies on a lot of camera angles and extraneous effects (slow motion, reaction to being hit, etc.) to produce the awe factor whereas the old school fight scenes were much more fluid and gave you a chance to soak in the fight choreography.

i've seen films like this where i actually like the style. like in that one jet li film where he beats dudes up in a classroom setting. but overall, i prefer the old school style as it relies less on camera movement and more on fighter movement.

thanks for the digging work christine. nice find!

A system of cells interlinked
^^^ Agreed!

I really think those Stunt People fighters strive for the fluid dance of the old skool King Fun flicks...

what kung fu movie has one dude fighting like 100 guys and they all surround him in some old chinese restaurant and the bad guys all have axes, but the hero breaks a bamboo pole and starts beating them by wrapping them up in it?

and it's NOT kung-fu hustle. much older.
I think you are talking about Tom Yum Goong.

The best scene i like is from the "The Karate Kid Movie" ,
The last fighting scene, when that smart guy was standing on his single leg
hit the another guy on his head and won the match.

I'll chip in since I'm actually chinese, lol. You should check out old school jet li's movies, one series called "once upon a time in China xx", there's a lot of restaurant fight scenes, something like this: