Is Moviechat.org dead?

Tools    

I just rediscovered this site today and wanted to write a comment on one of the threads I was reading...so I went to sign up for a new account.

But when I filled out my details and pressed sign up, nothing happened. The page refreshes without my details entered, nothing shows up in my email mailbox, and I cant use the username and password I created to log in...is the site dead? Or are they not accepting new sign ups?? Can someone else test out if you can't sign up or if it's only me who's experiencing this issue?

I just rediscovered this site today and wanted to write a comment on one of the threads I was reading...so I went to sign up for a new account.

But when I filled out my details and pressed sign up, nothing happened. The page refreshes without my details entered, nothing shows up in my email mailbox, and I cant use the username and password I created to log in...is the site dead? Or are they not accepting new sign ups?? Can someone else test out if you can't sign up or if it's only me who's experiencing this issue?
Hmm, yeah, I didn’t get any email, either, so something is off there.

Edit: email just turned up, so just a bit delayed.

Hmm, yeah, I didn’t get any email, either, so something is off there.

Edit: email just turned up, so just a bit delayed.
mmmm I still havent gotten mine...

Can't tell the exact cause, but the signup page is throwing errors for missing JavaScript files.
mmmm can I have a below 100 IQ translation?

Misspelt your email perhaps?

I didnt I tried like more than half a dozen times on two different browsers...Im gonna try a different email on a third browser and see what happens.

When you clicked sign up, what happened on your screen?

I didnt I tried like more than half a dozen times on two different browsers...Im gonna try a different email on a third browser and see what happens.

When you clicked sign up, what happened on your screen?
Erm, got a form where I entered username, password, email etc.

Erm, got a form where I entered username, password, email etc.
No I mean, what happened once you entered your username password email and then clicked the sign up button on the bottom?

No I mean, what happened once you entered your username password email and then clicked the sign up button on the bottom?
I had to confirm signing up by clicking on a link in the email confirmation. Which I did.

mmmm can I have a below 100 IQ translation?
Lots of login forms call external files to validate the address or process it or something, and it looks like they're calling some files that either have errors in them or don't exist. So yeah, it might be broken.

If someone else is able to sign up then my first guess is always that the person having trouble is running an adblocker (which often aggressively suppresses any JavaScript it doesn't recognize and breaks a lot of things).

So what is the draw of Moviechat.org? By that I mean what makes it unique if anything?
Just wondering why it's coming up, as I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned before.

If someone else is able to sign up then my first guess is always that the person having trouble is running an adblocker (which often aggressively suppresses any JavaScript it doesn't recognize and breaks a lot of things).
ahhhh I have adblocker lemme disable that and see if it works

edit: it still not working

So what is the draw of Moviechat.org? By that I mean what makes it unique if anything?
Just wondering why it's coming up, as I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned before.
It's similar to the old imdb message boards, in that you can post on individual boards for tv shows, movies, celebrities and other people (including me). Some of the old posts dating back several years were archived there.

I had to confirm signing up by clicking on a link in the email confirmation. Which I did.
No I mean, when you clicked the Sign Up button at the bottom after entering what username password and email you were gonna use (and agree to terms etc), what happened? Did the page refresh and the info you entered disappeared?, did it take you to another page?, did you get a message saying you successfully registered/your account still needs email verification, etc.?

There are discussions on movies and shows that I dont see discussed here that I want to read/reply to. At least I think it isnt here