The Ups and Downs of Your Day Tab

Tools    

Ups: I have the bestest friends + chocolate fudge cake!

Downs: School stuff. Not a biggie but downleft infuriating!

I am half agony, half hope.
Ups: We went on a field trip to the Griffith Observatory today.

Downs: It didn't last nearly long enough for the kids to see all the goodies there.

Johann von Goethe

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I haven't gone to the Observatory since they had their major remodeling. I used to arrange to go every year with my wife and her class. So, Mrs. Darcy, is it really spectacular now?

Many people may recall it from Rebel Without a Cause.

Upsies:
I got a new phone, a cheap one, but it works and it has the same number, and I had a good cricket presentation.

Downsies:
Didn't win any awards, but I spose that's okay.
And I don't get to demolish the garage tomorrow.

Downs:
So, this morning, I have the phone locked (that is, incoming & outgoing calls blocked) & trundle off to school in thongs (which is strictly not allowed).
I hope thongs are shoes cos I am imagining....

Ups: My brother is staying with me for a while... which is nice... even though he seems to be determined to get me and him both in trouble...

Downs: I have to buy a new cell phone... mine got blitzed...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

This was not a boating accident
Ups: It's the weekend, so i'll be having me a few small sherry's

Downs: My cat has s**t on my kitchen floor!!!! Dirty little B**tard!

Originally Posted by christine
I hope thongs are shoes cos I am imagining....
BAHAH! Yes, thongs are cheap-arse rubber sandals without a back.

Ups: One family member is doing loads better today!

Downs: The other family member that we spent 10 hours with yesterday . . . diabetic, pace-maker, bi-polar . . . is down to only 128 lbs. A part of me wants to force-feed him. He's so stubborn.

Downs: The other family member that we spent 10 hours with yesterday . . . diabetic, pace-maker, bi-polar . . . is down to only 128 lbs. A part of me wants to force-feed him. He's so stubborn.
I know what you mean Wow he has a lot to contend with, eating and keeping up your strength is a good way to fight illness

I know what you mean Wow he has a lot to contend with, eating and keeping up your strength is a good way to fight illness
Yep, and he is on oxygen 24/7, as well. He's been on it for a very long time, but now it's nonstop.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Oh, how I've tried to avoid this thread I once abused with alarming regularity back in my younger, more emo days, but somehow, I cannot resist.

anyways...

Ups: Wales have won the Six Nations with a grandslam. I am told this is of great importance by my sister, who watches a lot more rugby than I do. I haven't watched it...well, ever, but her enthusiasm is infectious. She says, "Cymru am byth." (I don't speak Welsh, so I have no idea what that means, but I promised her I'd celebrate St. David's Day next year, and not St. Patrick's, because I am not Irish, no matter how much I like their music. I'm only 1/3rd Welsh, but...)

Downs: I smell like cigarettes because my friend Jim was smoking in the car when he gave me a ride home. That's not really too much of a down, but now I do sort of crave one, and I shouldn't. LOL.

I can't complain, at all. Today is a very pleasant day, and it is so beautiful outside. I must go back out, in a bit. I'm also taking the bulk of the week off, to work at home, so again, no complaints.

Ups: One day of term left! Oh, sweet salvation and Hosannah in the highest! Also, footy training tonight on the proper ground (no more beach foreshore!) and tomorrow, the opening of the AFL season which I am committed to attend.

Downs: During our two week holidays, I have to write a scientific report on Psychology. Besides that, it's all sweet - aside from the fact that my dog's in Yarrambat - one and a half hours away.

Downs: The other family member that we spent 10 hours with yesterday . . . diabetic, pace-maker, bi-polar, on oxygen . . . is down to only 128 lbs. A part of me wants to force-feed him. He's so stubborn.
He has gone downhill rather fast, and will probably only last another week, maybe two. Straight up, he is my children's grandfather. As I've said, my father died when I was eight, so . . .

I suppose that is all I care to say.

Up: put in $5 to get change at the laundromat, got change for $10.

Down: Laundromat was crowded.

I had an exciting day

He has gone downhill rather fast, and will probably only last another week, maybe two. Straight up, he is my children's grandfather. As I've said, my father died when I was eight, so . . .
Sorry to hear that sweetie