What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

This may not belong here, but I did order a digital copy of The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent this weekend from Amazon. $9.99 for ether SD, HD, or UHD. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but looking forward to it.
Good movie. I have it on digital too. The last films I bought on digital were Forbidden Love, Everything, Everywhere, All At Once, and Unhuman.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Good movie. I have it on digital too. The last films I bought on digital were Forbidden Love, Everything, Everywhere, All At Once, and Unhuman.
Oh yeah, I did pick up a digital copy of Everything, Everywhere, All At Once too! Thanks for reminding me

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Today I picked up the Forgotten Gialli volumes 1 and 3 blu rays. They look like nice sets with good features and I enjoy these types of films.

Today I went to The Beat Goes On and got some used movies. I got

Censor blu ray (although the discs inside were something called Smiley People, so I have to take it back and see if they have the right discs!)
Boys blu ray
Night Beast blu ray
Spartacus Criterion dvd edition (I already had the regular, non-Criterion blu ray, but I wanted to get the Criterion edition too)

Today I got some used Criterion dvds, which haven’t been released on blu ray and one of which is out of print! I got:

Big Deal on Madonna street
Clean Shaven
The Importance of Being Earnest
Pandora’s box (out of print, the most expensive dvd I have ever bought!)

Today I picked up the Film Nor Dark Side of Cinema volume 1 box set along with Caligula & Messalina, Caligula the Untold Story, and The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak.

I just realized the last 4 posts in this thread were all by me. 😆
I feel weird posting everything I buy. It also hold off on posting when I order something since I rarely buy stuff in person these days, and wait until it arrives (because stuff can happen between the order and when it arrives.) - but then I forget because it's the middle of the work day. I also usually like to save posts for some of the more obscure pickups I make (and if it's a more interesting order, that might mean it was an import... which can take a while to get here...)

e.g. It didn't cross my mind to share I just ordered the following as part of the Barnes & Noble 50% criterion sale

On the slightly more obscure side of things, these are arriving... at some point (hopefully)

Ah yes, the movie where Dracula drives a car. Good stuff.

I feel weird posting everything I buy. It also hold off on posting when I order something since I rarely buy stuff in person these days, and wait until it arrives (because stuff can happen between the order and when it arrives.) - but then I forget because it's the middle of the work day. I also usually like to save posts for some of the more obscure pickups I make (and if it's a more interesting order, that might mean it was an import... which can take a while to get here...)

e.g. It didn't cross my mind to share I just ordered the following as part of the Barnes & Noble 50% criterion sale

gosh i loved that poster of silence of the lambs

Today I picked up:

Boardinghouse 2 disc blu ray
Hard Soap, Hard Soap and Disco Lady blu ray (Vinegar Syndrome)
Crypt of Dark Secrets and Death Brings Roses blu ray (Severin)

Found in a discount store, DVD bargain bin - It's "Film Noir Collection". It has 10 black and white movies, full of tough talking guys with hats and trench coats and slinky, cynical femme fatales and tough cops. Stars like John Garfield, Humphrey Bogart, Orson Welles, Edward G Robinson, Yul Brynner, Loretta Young, Jeanne Cagney, Joan Bennett and Beverly Garland.

Among others, is has DOA (guy's been poisoned and wants to find his killer before he dies), The Stranger (Orson Welles as an evil nazi, hiding out in a Connecticut boys school), Port of New York (Yul Brynner, with a full head of hair, tracks down waterfront drug dealers) and Shock (woman finds herself in a mental asylum being treated by a guy that she knows committed a murder).

It's easy to get hard-bitten and cynical watching these. You might even find yourself getting out your trench coat.

I got these two waiting for me in a package, that I am gonna pick up today.
I have never seen a Douglas Sirk movie, but have wanted to for a long time. Love Hina I have read some of the manga and seen some of the anime quite a few years ago - and loved it then. I thought now is the time to finish it .

I got 2 more Criterion blu rays today. I got:

The 400 Blows*
The Piano
The 400 Blows is a powerful movie.

Never been able to get very far with The Piano.

Today I picked up:

Giallo Essentials black edition blu ray set
For All Mankind Criterion 4K/blu ray (they didn’t have the blu ray only edition in stock so I got that one even though I don’t have a 4K player)
Mad Doctor of Blood Island blu ray (Severin)

My Essential Fellini box set showed up today. Didn't realize the size and shape on that one. Not sure how/where I'm going to store it.