101. Lady Eve (1941) 61p 5 ballots
102. MY Man Godfrey (1936) 61p 4 ballots
103. A Hard Days Night ( 1964) 61p 3 ballots
104. Mrs. Doubtfire (1993) 60p 5 ballots
105. Beverly Hills Cop (1984) 60p 4 ballots
106. The Shop Around the Corner (1940) 59p 4 ballots
107. Austin Powers: The Spy Wjo Shagged Me (1999) 58p 6 ballots
108. Tootsie (1982) 58p 5 ballots 10th highest rank
109. The Odd Couple (1968) 58p 5 ballots 11th Highest rank.
110. Coming to America (1988) 58p 4 ballots
111. Arthur (1981) 58p 3 ballots
112. A Shot in the Dark (1964) 57p 4 ballots
113. Richard Pryor: Live in Concert (1979) 57p 3 ballots
114. Midnight in Paris (2011) 55p 3 ballots Highest ranking 2nd
115. The Palm Beach Story (1942) 55p 3 ballots Highest ranking 3rd
116. Safety last (1923) 53p 4 ballots
117. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989) 52p 5 ballots

118. Liar, Liar (1997) 52p. 3 ballots highest ranking 2nd
119. The Favorite (2018) 52p 3 ballots Highest ranking 7th
120. Defending Your Life (1991) 51p 3 ballots
I hadn't seen this! I'll have to update my list with numbers 101 and 102...

Going to keep sticking with Ghostbusters for now as my guess...
Ah hell, it'll forfeit getting any more correct, since if it's any type of lock, it's locked out, but I'll keep saying Unnamed Ballot Entry #2.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Well, we all know it's likely a race to the finish line between Kung Pow: Enter the Fist and Balls of Fury. MY money, however, is on Leonard Part 6 to under arm rocket the murder frog snot out of them both.

I feel like either Strangelove, Grail, or Airplane are going to take the top spot.
Young Frankenstein might slip into the second or third spot. There will be a Murray in the top 5, I'm inclined to say Ghostbusters.

We're probably about to get something in black and white (but not Young Frankenstein), Duck Soup or Some Like it Hot (or if it's actually The General, then that, but I think people just went Sherlock Jr instead).

I think Lebowski's in 6-8, one of the black & white classics will be ahead of it. Saddles will probably be in a similar spot.

Grail might be as low as 5.

Given how surprising everything has been so far, I expect to be way off.

Still keeping my official guess as, "Unnamed Ballot Entry #2," though.

Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead are just not by brand of comedy. I'd rather watch The Ricky Gervais Show any day.

All of those near misses are good ones, with the exception of Mrs Doubtfire, which even my grandmother thought was lame . And I'm pretty sure grandmother's are that movies demographics. The kind of movie that makes me cringe when people laugh at it.

EDIT: oh I also thinks Midnight in Paris stinks. I guess it could be seen as charming by some, but I think it is close to being Allen's worst 'good' movie

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I've said this before, but I'll repeat it:

There is no movie I would use as a litmus test for whether I like someone. None at all...

...but if I had to pick one, it would be The Princess Bride. I think it's the single-best movie for determining how compatible I would be with someone in general interactions.

I think you misspelled Labyrinth, there buddy. If anyone reminds me of the babe, well, they're good people in my book.

Hot Fuzz is funny stuff and I need to see it again. "The greater good." "Shut it!"

City Lights is great but not my favorite comedy of Chaplin. It's certainly my favorite sentimental one of his.

I had Arthur at #2. This is one of my all-time favorites. I still enjoy it to this day. Moore has never been better in a movie, IMO. The whole cast is phenomenal but Moore anchors the movie and his lines are endlessly quotable. I wish it had placed higher.

Tootsie was my #12 and is an utter classic. Hoffman deserved his Oscar nomination and gave one of his best-ever performances. For all the tales of Hoffman and Pollack having behind-the-scenes blowouts, it nevertheless turned out a great film.

My list:
#2.Arthur-#111
#4.The In-Laws
#8.Stripes
#9.The Blues Brothers
#11.Arsenic and Old Lace
#12.Tootsie-#108
#13.Raising Arizona
#14.Animal House
#18.Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
#22.Caddyshack

I forgot the opening line.
My director predictions have advanced well. Monty Python is going to get another entry in the end, we're pretty sure of that. Mel Brooks should have a couple more, and the Zuckers and Abrahams have another predicted entry. I should have put Waititi on the single list - unless something like JoJo Rabbit or Hunt For the Wilderpeople makes a shock entry. For Zemeckis I'd really need Who Framed Roger Rabbit to make a late entry - an outside possibility. Buster Keaton still has a chance with The General. I thought one more Steve Martin/Carl Reiner collaboration would show, but at least we got The Jerk. Could we still get The Player for Robert Altman? Probably not. He was really stiffed on this list. Rob Reiner is the sole entry who did better than I thought he would, but there will be at least one more of those directors by the end.

Multiple entries predictions :

Mel Brooks - 2 - The Producers, Spaceballs
Monty Python (Gilliam/Jones) - 1 - Life of Brian
The Zuckers and Jim Abrahams - 1 - The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!
Edgar Wright - 2 - Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz
Taika Waititi - 1 - What We Do in the Shadows
The Coen bros - 3 - Fargo, Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?, Raising Arizona
Robert Zemeckis - 1 - Back to the Future
Harold Ramis - 2 - National Lampoon's Vacation, Caddyshack
Charles Chaplin - 5 - The Kid, The Gold Rush, The Great Dictator, Modern Times, City Lights
Buster Keaton - 1 - Sherlock Jnr
Carl Reiner - 1 - The Jerk
Robert Altman - 1 - M*A*S*H

At least one :

Ivan Reitman - 1 - Stripes
Rob Reiner - 2 - When Harry Met Sally, This is Spinal Tap
Arthur Hiller - 1 - The In-Laws
Frank Oz - 1 - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Larry Charles - 1 - Borat

The one I was hoping for, but which I knew had little chance (he's only ever directed two good ones) :

Bobcat Goldthwait - 0

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I watched Hot Fuzz for one of the previous countdowns, (I think the 2000s countdown), and I enjoyed it more than I expected to, but not enough to consider it for my list.

City Lights is one of Chaplin's best films, but I didn't consider any silent movies for my list.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
102. My Man Godfrey (1936) 61p 4 ballots

From the 101-120 list, Liar, Liar is the only one that was on my list. It's easily Jim Carrey's funniest movie. It's one of those movies that I have to watch every time I'm flipping channels and I find it on. It was #19 on my list.

These are the movies that were on my original list of movies that I was considering, but they ended up getting cut before my list was finalized:

My Man Godfrey
The Shop Around the Corner
Tootsie
Arthur
The Palm Beach Story
Defending Your Life

Mrs. Doubtfire and Midnight in Paris are both great movies, but I didn't consider them for my list. Mrs. Doubtfire is very funny, but I didn't consider it only because I knew that there were too many movies that I thought were funnier, and it had no chance to make my final list. Midnight in Paris wasn't considered only because I don't really think of it as a comedy.

The Odd Couple would probably be one of my favorite movies if I had seen it before I saw the TV series. By the time I saw the movie, I had seen every episode of the TV series so many times that the movie just felt like a remake of the TV series.

A Shot in the Dark is probably the funniest of the Pink Panther movies, but it didn't make my list.

I watched Beverly Hills Cop, Coming to America, and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure for the first time for this countdown. They were all enjoyable movies, but they were never considered for my list.

Safety Last is another great movie that I didn't consider only because I didn't include any silent movies on my list.

I decided not to include any stand-up comedy on my list, but Richard Pryor: Live in Concert wouldn't have been my choice anyway. My short list for stand-up comedy included:
George Carlin: Carlin at Carnegie
Robin Williams: An Evening at the Met
Howie Mandel On Location (aka Howie Mandel: North American Watusi Tour)
Carrie Fisher: Wishful Drinking
Bill Engvall: Here's Your Sign Live

I haven't seen A Hard Days Night, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, and The Favorite.

Welcome to the human race...
102. MY Man Godfrey (1936) 61p 4 ballots

Well, dang - no votes whatsoever. As for what how my ballot's going to match the rest of the list, I'm predicting two locks, one with a very good chance, and one distinct outlier.

What I'd like to manifest as the top ten
  1. Groundhog Day
  2. The Big Lebowski
  3. Dr. Strangelove
  4. Big
  5. Ghostbusters
  6. Holy Grail
  7. Airplane
  8. Ninotchka
  9. This Is the End
  10. Charade

City Lights is the second Chaplin film I had on my list. I didn't love it the first time, but it seems to get better each time I watch it, and it has a sweetness to it that I've come to really like, while like many of his films also having a comment to make on contemporary life.

My List:
2. Life of Brian (#20)
3. The Jerk (#24)
4. Playtime (#48)
6. A Hard Day's Night (#103)
7. City Lights (#11)
8. Being John Malkovich (#44)
11. Midnight in Paris (#114)
12. The Apartment (#29)
13. Modern Times (#39)
16. Bringing Up Baby (#22)
20. This Is Spinal Tap (#13)
21. One, Two, Three (#85)
22. Beetlejuice (#78)
24. Sullivan's Travels (#100)

It will blow my mind, in fact, if Saddles isn't top-3 it'll be blown, and I'll be a little surprised if it isn't No.1.

I feel like we have to preface all speculation about this list with, "This has been wacky as fu*k and nigh on impossible to predict", BUT...on the MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s List Blazing Saddles finished at #33 (238 points on nineteen ballots) while Young Frankenstein was #15 (360 points on twenty-seven ballots). Now that list was compiled eight years ago (wow), and these things can certainly shift over time, especially due to the constant shuffling of the voting pool. But even though at most these two titles are going to be separated by nine spots this time, I would still expect Young Frankenstein to finish higher.

Of course on that list Blazing Saddles also finished behind Annie Hall (#30) and Harold & Maude (#27) and if it is in this Top Ten (it is) it certainly lapped them as they placed at #19 and #46 respectively.

We will know for certain in the next nine days.

BTW, on that The MoFo Top 100 Movies of the 1970s the highest ranking comedy was Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It finished two spots higher than Young Frankenstein at #13 with 444 points on twenty-eight ballots (out of ninety-nine). For whatever that is worth.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

My predictions:

10. Mystery Film
9. Ghostbusters
8. Duck Soup
7. Blazing Saddles
6. Dr. Strangelove
5. The Big Lebowski
4. Groundhog Day
3. Young Frankenstein
2. Airplane!
1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

No, I have no idea what the mystery film is. But since we've seen multiple surprises so far, another one wouldn't shock me.