MARVEL Phase 5

Tools    

Marvel's Phase 5 Movies Are Already More Exciting Than Phase 4

The MCU's Phase 4 has been a disappointment to many fans, and all eyes are set on Phase 5, as it looks a lot more exciting and promising.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-mcu-ph...arison-better/

Fantastic Four (Confirmed)
Blade (Confirmed)
Deadpool 3 (Confirmed)
Captain America 4 (Confirmed)
X-Men (Rumored)
Nova (Rumored)
Thunderbolts (Rumored)
Shang-Chi 2 (Rumored)
World War Hulk (Rumored)

Hoping they do an overhaul (again) for X-Men and Fantastic Four.

World War Hulk could be amazing, and Thunderbolts has loads of potential. Also hoping they have Dracula as Blades nemesis because Ol Drac had his own comic at one time too, and it was pure money.

That list makes me feel like I finally have permission to say adios to Marvel. I have been hanging on by a thread for a while now. Still looking forward to Loki season 2. That show was the best thing the last two years for me.

Welcome to the human race...
If their overhauls for X-Men/Fantastic Four/Blade are anything like their overhaul of Spider-Man then I'm not seeing much reason to be excited. Can't say the prospect of yet another Deadpool movie is an enticing one either.

A system of cells interlinked
I've watched about half of the phase 4 stuff, and have been pretty lukewarm on most or it. Not seeing much to get excited about here.

Time for all this stuff to take a break for a while, methinks.

I'm not really interested in seeing any upcoming Marvel films right now. I might go back to them later on, but I need a break from them.

Victim of The Night
Yeah, I actually told my life-long Marvel buddy on Monday that I was done with the MCU and would only be seeing any more of their films if he saw them first and told me they pass muster.
But then he replied, "The problem is even my kids think Marvel has slipped dramatically and consistently made bad movies for the last few years (Spidey excluded), so I don't know if I'm even going to see any of them because my kids won't go anymore."

It's a shame.
They really had something going and it's like they stopped caring about anything but the bottom line. When Sam Raimi, Chloe Zhao, and Taika Waititi can't even make a decent movie with characters that fans are already bought in on, there is little hope.
I used to have unwavering faith in Kevin Feige. Now I have zero faith in Kevin Feige.

I would just add to this that none of those titles looks appealing to me. The failure to launch Eternals makes me strongly doubt they can launch The Fantastic Four, X-Men, or Thunderbolts (which I think is a terrible idea anyway and seems even worse with William Hurt gone). Blade was never that great of a property and makes little sense in the context of the MCU they have established. I like Anthony Mackie but if he was a leading man he'd have led something by now (even the show had to be a co-project with Winter Soldier). And Shang-Chi sucked after Captain Marvel was mediocre at best, which not only gives me serious doubt that another in that vein will not also be terrible, I seriously doubt they can still launch a new character. And where does this leave The (Extremely) Poor Man's Tony Stark, Doctor Stephen Strange? Hopefully not on the screen after the latest debacle.

Such a shame.

I don't know if I'm even going to see any of them because my kids won't go anymore."

I remember when everyone was cheering for Disney to buy up all the comic properties so that they could finally do awesome team-ups and sweeping arcs, like secret wars. Be careful what you wish for. Now they have monopolistic power over media. It doesn't matter if we want to see these films. They have money to make. They spent BIG money to buy these properties. They're going to pump out this stuff out. Forever.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
As long as I get a Scrooge McDuck smuggling Nerfs on the Millennium Falcon with the Seven Dwarves hot on his tail (a DUCK tail, ah-whoo-oo!) firing Ant Man mini Hot Wheels to strategically increase their size in an asteroid field, then I'm good. I'm so good.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

You ready? You look ready.
Marvel is out of phase
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Victim of The Night
I remember when everyone was cheering for Disney to buy up all the comic properties so that they could finally do awesome team-ups and sweeping arcs, like secret wars. Be careful what you wish for. Now they have monopolistic power over media. It doesn't matter if we want to see these films. They have money to make. They spent BIG money to buy these properties. They're going to pump out this stuff out. Forever.

I don't disagree, I just don't know why they've suddenly gone so violently down the tubes. I thought a lot of their films were pretty good and all but the bottom two (Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 3) were at least watchable. Now I just can't even understand what they're doing. The movies have bigger budgets than ever, bigger stars, fantastic directors and they're just terrible. At least the CGI in Love & Thunder isn't as egregiously bad as it was in Shang-Chi, Eternals, and significant portions of Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness.

Marvel's Phase 5 Movies Are Already More Exciting Than Phase 4

The MCU's Phase 4 has been a disappointment to many fans, and all eyes are set on Phase 5, as it looks a lot more exciting and promising.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-mcu-ph...arison-better/

Fantastic Four (Confirmed)
Blade (Confirmed)
Deadpool 3 (Confirmed)
Captain America 4 (Confirmed)
X-Men (Rumored)
Nova (Rumored)
Thunderbolts (Rumored)
Shang-Chi 2 (Rumored)
World War Hulk (Rumored)

Hoping they do an overhaul (again) for X-Men and Fantastic Four.

World War Hulk could be amazing, and Thunderbolts has loads of potential. Also hoping they have Dracula as Blades nemesis because Ol Drac had his own comic at one time too, and it was pure money.
ahhhh cant wait!!. ofcourse they will do x-men cause when i saw ms marvel credits scene they had xmen 1997 theme song so hopefully they will do xmen. im hoping for scarlet witch solo movie cause in recent interview elizabeth olsen wants to come back and do more as scarlet witch but hoping it will be phase 6 or 5 but never know till they reveal them in September.
u forgot the marvels and guardians of the galaxy 3 also they be in phase 5

I also know through the Instagram MARVEL account they recently post phase 5

PHASE 5
  • Ant-Man: Quantumania (Movie) – February 17, 2023
  • Secret Invasion (Disney Plus Show) – Spring 2023
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Movie) – May 5, 2023
  • Echo (Disney Plus Show) – Summer 2023
  • Loki Season 2 (Disney Plus Show) – Summer 2023
  • The Marvels (Movie) – July 28, 2023
  • Blade (Movie) – November 3, 2023
  • Ironheart (Disney Plus Show) – Fall 2023
  • Agatha: Coven of Chaos (Disney Plus Show) – Winter 2023/2024
  • Daredevil: Born Again (Disney Plus Show, 18 Episodes) – Spring 2024
  • Captain America: New World Order (Movie) – May 3, 2024
  • Thunderbolts (Movie) – July 26, 2024
  • PHASE 6
  • Fantastic Four (Movie) – November 8, 2024
  • Avengers: The Kang Dynasty (Movie) – May 2, 2025
  • Avengers: Secret Wars (Movie) – November 7, 2025

I’ve semi-decided for myself, that I’m no longer gonna actively follow all these new big releases from the major studios. I’ve simply been too disappointed by both Marvel, DC, Star Wars etc and felt like I’ve been wasting my time trying to keep up watching all their movies and tv shows.

If it interests me, I’m gonna watch it. But it has just become too much now. It ain’t worth it anymore to me.

2023 doesn't really look that impressive to me...GOTG III is the only thing that really stands out to me.

2024 on the other hand looks stacked...Daredevil getting a full 18 episodes Thunderbolts (a great comic and good replacement for GOTG) and FF is pretty awesome.