R.I.P. Larry Storch

Tools    

Sad to hear. Of course in F Troop, where he was my favorite character. As a kid, I never missed it.

He had a small part in Sex and the Single Girl as a motorcycle cop who got his bike ripped off but found a way to track down his quarry. I thought he was so hilarious in this part.

My favorite role of his is in The Great Race as Texas Jack, "The roughest, toughest gunslinger in these parts," who was always shouting, "Now, can I get me some fightin' room?" only to get clobbered!

Godspeed, Larry!

I feel terrible that I mentioned him the other day for still being alive at 99... and the very next day he dies!

P.S. Was there some connection between Larry Storch and Tony Curtis (since they were in a few movies together)? A lot of times big stars will request that their friends who are lesser stars appear in their movies.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Was there some connection between Larry Storch and Tony Curtis (since they were in a few movies together)? A lot of times big stars will request that their friends who are lesser stars appear in their movies.

This is from the Mini Bio section of Larry Storch's IMDB Biography page:

"A long-lasting friendship with Tony Curtis that formulated during his Navy days paid off in spades. Curtis started finding work for his buddy in his films, beginning with an unbilled bit in the Universal costumer The Prince Who Was a Thief (1951). When Larry's career was going through a noticeable lull in the early 1960s, Curtis again came to the rescue by giving him top supporting roles in some of his prime cinematic fluff--Who Was That Lady? (1960) (in which he recreated his stage role), 40 Pounds of Trouble (1962), Sex and the Single Girl (1964) and Wild and Wonderful (1964)."

And this is from the Trivia section of his IMDB Biography page:

"During WWII he served on a submarine tender, the USS Proteus, with Tony Curtis. They became lifelong friends. Storch and Curtis appeared in eight movies together, and, in 2003, both were in the (theatrical) musical version of Some Like It Hot (1959) that toured across the country."

This is from the Mini Bio section of Larry Storch's IMDB Biography page:

"A long-lasting friendship with Tony Curtis that formulated during his Navy days paid off in spades. Curtis started finding work for his buddy in his films, beginning with an unbilled bit in the Universal costumer The Prince Who Was a Thief (1951). When Larry's career was going through a noticeable lull in the early 1960s, Curtis again came to the rescue by giving him top supporting roles in some of his prime cinematic fluff--Who Was That Lady? (1960) (in which he recreated his stage role), 40 Pounds of Trouble (1962), Sex and the Single Girl (1964) and Wild and Wonderful (1964)."

And this is from the Trivia section of his IMDB Biography page:

"During WWII he served on a submarine tender, the USS Proteus, with Tony Curtis. They became lifelong friends. Storch and Curtis appeared in eight movies together, and, in 2003, both were in the (theatrical) musical version of Some Like It Hot (1959) that toured across the country."
Wow!
I had a feeling.

Thanks, gbg!

I honestly thought he had passed away years ago. I remember he and Forrest Tucker being in a Ghostbusters type of TV show. I IMDb'd it and it was actually called The Ghost Busters.

RIP Mr. Storch.