Ray Donovan (SHOWTIME)

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
I can't stand the wife and daughter in this show. Mickey and Ray Donovan are awesome though, Terry is pretty cool too. Hope they don't kill of Mickey this season, Jon Voight is straight killing it!

I can't stand the wife and daughter in this show. Mickey and Ray Donovan are awesome though, Terry is pretty cool too. Hope they don't kill of Mickey this season, Jon Voight is straight killing it!

Oh man I strongly disagree about the wife dislike. I was just coming on here again to post about her red headed hotness I think she can act well too. She held her own in Deadwood, and that series had a strong strong cast.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Being honest, I don't really care for this show all that much. Like I like it enough, but I don't care all that much about it. If it were cancelled, I wouldn't care at all. It's kinda too predictable and cliche ridden to truly become a Great TV drama. As it stands it's "Okay".It could be better though.

Im about halfway thru the season 2 premiere of Ray Donovan, and it hasnt missed a beat. Solid performances, and great rhythm throughout.

This shows awesome. I really LOVE how they cast the show. They seem to be targeting actors people generally like, like James Woods, and are bringing more in for season 2. Hank Azaria is the FBI heavy, Brett Spiner is the marriage counselor, and there are guest spots that make you think "Oh! Thats (insert name)! Cool!!"

Basically the show is entertaining and cool. Not Game Of Thrones or The Walking Dead, but it just delivers.

Great episode last sunday for Rays sons birthday party Jon Voight is killing-it as Rays dad Mickey, and Liev Schrieber has been owning this role like Gandolfini did with Tony Soprano. Second season's definitely better than the first.

Am I the only person on the site watching this still?

Even though Ive liked the actress since Deadwood, Abby (Rays wife) is now officially grating on my nerves.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Am I the only person on the site watching this still?

Even though Ive liked the actress since Deadwood, Abby (Rays wife) is now officially grating on my nerves.

Nope, you're not the only one. I watch it every week. It just seems to keep getting better and better each week.

Liev Schrieber is awesome as Ray.

Yep, I'm still with it,too. I was considering dropping it and I was about 5 or 6 episodes behind. I watched 4 of them back to back and really got back into it. Since then I've been a lot more into it. I don't really like anyone, though, and I certainly don't think it or anyone in it is cool. Great episode last week and this week with Re-Kon, Marvin and Cookie and the aftermath. The whole cast are superb, but Kerris Dorsey in those last two episodes has been outstanding. I think Eddie Marsan is one of the best actors out there atm, but I'd have no problem with Terry going for any reason at all.

Great song at the end of Ray Donovan as he was swimming into the ocean at night...

2 more episodes left in the season. Really curious how Mickeys crew is gonna do with the epic heist.

^^^^ Couldnt find a good picture of Jeryl Prescott as Cherry. Cherry never looks this good.

BANNED
Looking forward to season 4. I'm thinking Bridget will totally destruct Rays business, or for pregnant. Mickey is Mickey, so who knows?

Finished episode 8 season 4. At first I thought the show dropped off this season, but its picking up speed with the last couple episodes.

Its refreshing to see Mickey finally do something selfless. Voight really does deserve a supporting actor emmy for his work on this show. Schrieber definitely deserves one for lead actor for this season. He has shown more range, and I think this guy can/should/will be an A-list star. Hes paid his dues. Truly a magnetic performance.

One performance Ive never liked though, and I guess never will by now, is Steven Bauer as Avi. Oh what a horrid russian accent, or whatever the its supposed to be. Really dropped the ball casting him. I like Bunchie more this season, and Terry too. The daughter has hardly been on so Im guessing she was making a movie or something.

Stacey Keach made a appearance, had a short monologue, and just killed it. Love seeing old pros come in for bit scenes.

Hilarious line to close out last episode.....

"What are we gonna do with all these bodies?" Replies- "We should cut them up and throw them in different parts of the ocean. The rest we can bury in the backyard."