RIP Brian Dennehy

Tools    

Actor Brian Dennehy has died at the age of 81. He famously starred opposite Sly Stallone in First Blood as Sheriff Teasle.

OMG, I just saw this...what an incredible loss...one of the finest actors in the business, who never phoned it in. This must have just happened this morning because it's not even on the IMDB yet. A powerhouse actor who was a lot more versatile than Hollywood realized. Loved him in Semi-Tough, Foul Play, Silverado, FX, Cocoon, First Blood, Presumed Innocent, and I also loved when he was seriously cast against type as the sensitive bartender who befriends Dudley Moore in 10. Needless to say, his most unforgettable performance was as John Wayne Gacy in the mini-series To Catch a Killer...absolutely bone-chilling, a role that sort of piegon-holed him for the rest of his career, but if you're going to get typecast, that's the kind of a role for it happen with. What a loss...RIP.

Sadness - great actor
Requiescat in pace Brian

Yet another sad loss at this sad time. RIP.

Think I'm gonna sit through the 2 F/X movies again, for probably the first time in close to 30 years, in memory.

Foul Play with Chevy Chase & Burgess Meredith

Gorky Park with William Hurt

First Blood with Sylvester Stallone

Cocoon

Silverado

Legal Eagles with Robert Redford & Debra Winger

F/X with Joe Grifasi

F/X 2

The Belly of an Architect

Presumed Innocent
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Never Cry Wolf with Charles Martin Smith

The River Rat

Twice in a Lifetime with Gene Hackman

Best Seller

The Last of the Finest with Jeff Fahey

Gladiator with Robert Loggia

Tommy Boy with Bo Derek

The Exonerated

Knight of Cups with Christian Bale

"The Black List"

The Stars Fell on Henrietta with Robert Duvall

Every Day

Romeo + Juliet

Assault on Precinct 13

Little Miss Marker with Bob Newhart

Twelfth Night

Righteous Kill

The Next Three Days

She Hate Me

"Death of a Salesman"

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I haven't seen a lot of his movies, but I liked him in everything that I've seen him in. Some of my favorites of his movies are Cocoon, F/X, and Best Seller.

R.I.P.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cocoon-1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	63142  

The word "underrated" gets used too often these days and I don't know if it applies here either, but I never felt he received the recognition his talent deserved. I was always pleased to see him pop up in a film as you knew there'd be at least one good performance.

A wonderful actor. At least we have decades of his work to remember him by.

RIP Brian and thank you.

Dennehy had scores of memorable roles over a lengthy career. In fact it was unusual to see a movie from the 70s-90s that didn't have either he or Charles Durning in it! But what a fabulous run he had.