What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Too cheap to pay delivery fees from Walmart so I added 2 DVDs to my cart so I could have free delivery. Which makes no sense, I know.

I had to get Color Out of Space. Having seen a couple of older versions (The Color Out of Space and Die, Monster, Die), how could I pass up on Nick Cage and the sketchiest director around, Richard Stanley and Tommy Chong, doing Lovecraft. My narrative is that I was going to see it in the local theater, but it only was there for something like 12 hours. By the end of the same week, it was released on Blue Ray and 2 days later it was marked down to half price. I got it, in my possession. Yes, it is as bad as you might expect. Nick Cage chews the scenery and everything else in sight. The rest of the cast acts like they are reading their lines from a teleprompter for the first time. Because the Color causes things to decay, that seems right somehow. It was the best $12.99 I have spent since the beginning of plague-time.

Uncle Vanya from 1963 starring Michael Redgrave and Laurence Olivier. I bought it because it was filmed as a theatre stage production would have been performed, and as a person who was not around when these acting greats were treading the boards, it's about as close as a live stage performance i am going to see.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Got this from Walmart since the series is one of my favorites currently airing.

Hey all, first post here. I'm in high school, aspiring to be a film student in college.

I just ordered a Parasite DVD today. I don't know about everyone else, but I still collect DVDs today despite Netflix and Hulu taking over.

“I was cured, all right!”
I just pre order some stuff that will be released this month here in Brazil:

Three carpenter movies in blu-ray: The Thing (I'm so happy), The Fog and Christine.

The 2017 restoretion of Come and See.

Grave of Fireflies, one of my favorite animations.

Bong Joon-Ho 2019 hit. Hopefully, his other films (like Mother) will be released in blu-ray after this one.

Suspiria and
Profondo Rosso in blu-ray. I can't believe.
I already own Suspiria on DVD, but I don't resist the idea of watching this movie in HD.

The only DVD of the bunch:

A collection of three versions of the "47 Ronins".
1) The 47 Ronins | 4h 1min | 1941-42 | Kenji Mizoguchi
2) The Loyal 47 Ronins | 2h 46min | 1958 | Kunio Watanabe
3) Chushingura: 47 Samurai | 3h 27min | 1962 | Hiroshi Inagaki

Just re-catalogued my dvd collection. I have a total of 714 movies, tv shows & documentaries on dvd. I have more than 714 DVDs though since a tv show like Homeland, House of Cards, Veep, etc., will have multiple disks.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Just re-catalogued my dvd collection.

Do you want to come here and catalog my DVD collection?

I gave up organizing them a while back when I ran out of space on the shelves, but I didn't stop buying them. Now they're everywhere, and I've even started accidentally buying duplicates.

⬆️ I would love a trip to New York.

Unfortunately, I have bought duplicates also. Or paid for a rental & later discovered I actually own it.

Definitely wouldn’t call my collection “organized”. Takes me ages to find what I’m looking for because on some shelves the DVDs are two-deep. As my husband always says “Those bloody things are everywhere!”.

Aside from some seriously cheesy, bad horror movie collections, the most recent movie I wanted specifically was Color Out of Space. It was in and out of the theater before I got there and released on disk within 48 hours, put on special about a day after that. It's supposed to be a Lovecraft story but the challenge is to duplicate a color that nobody's ever seen before. They picked glowing magenta, which I have seen. They also had Nick Cage, almost seeming like a conscious parody of Nick Cage. Given that Lovecraft's original story centers around an extraterrestrial color that makes things fall apart, it all seems right, because the movie itself falls apart. It's definitely on my late night rotation, a worthy addition to The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake or Plan 9.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

I got this from Walmart since it was marked down to $15. As a fan of Hanks who grew up watching Mr. Rogers, it was a no-brainer at that price.

The only DVD of the bunch:

A collection of three versions of the "47 Ronins".
1) The 47 Ronins | 4h 1min | 1941-42 | Kenji Mizoguchi
2) The Loyal 47 Ronins | 2h 46min | 1958 | Kunio Watanabe
3) Chushingura: 47 Samurai | 3h 27min | 1962 | Hiroshi Inagaki
The best of the 47 Ronin versions, in my oppinion.