Successful Movie Responses To PC BS?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Has there been a time when someone went against the latest trendy orthodoxy and was very successful? If so, please list the person and the work they did. I'm wondering if there's someone with talent and a good heart who might do the same. Making a great movie, and using artistic license and making a GOOD movie, instead of making something trendy. And they might make good money if its done properly without condescending to the audience.

I think political correctness is the ULTIMATE prejudice. Having a few elitists tell minorities (or anyone else) else what they can or cannot handle. And it's interesting, because the same people that complain about things they think they're supposed to feel (which is contradictory to one's own nature) will be the first to say, "Man, that movie could NEVER be made today" even though they enjoy it.

Just think how many great movies won't be made in fear of losing your career of having an opinion. But also, the audience suffers. A company like Amazon doesn't give a shi* about "Black Lives Matter" - they're trying to deflect their awful labor practices, not only here in the US, but using slave labor, usually via 3rd party to "absolve" them. A trillionaire who pays $0 in federal tax -- reminiscent of "The Wizard of Oz".

I refuse to say either of the two latest slogans. I also can't believe how "suddenly" people change their minds. I don't believe them. I think they know what side of the bread is buttered. Personally, I don't care what anyone believes as long as they are somewhat educated and sincere. I also see how many washed up idiots try to say something "outrageous" which takes no courage in hopes of getting more attention to their career.

I can't take hash-tag "movements" seriously... Movement from one millionaire's bank account to another. I never hear anyone complaining about the lack of women's shelters, because they're working-class. I constantly see so many anti-working class sentiments which are considered acceptable because they aren't in vogue, which is so hypocritical, if egalitarianism is the goal. This is madness, and there hasn't been a time that I can remember where I wasn't annoyed and angered reading some baloney on Twitter, which isn't the real world. The use of the word "Karen" is so (expletive) dumb, I can't take them seriously and just move on. These are the reasons I avoid art in my lifetime, and observe things from a different time to feel better, not worse. Soul nutrition goes a long way...

How can anyone enjoy this corporate-approved "art".. To me, it's not art, it's selling cinnamon dental floss with a black trans (the new mural in NYC) on the cover.

And as a parody of MLK would say, "I have a dream that one day every black man can be as corruptible as any white man"... People forget the content of character, which should be the ultimate judgement. Actions > words.

"I have a dream" became "I have a scheme"
Under Obama (another right-winger in disguise) it turned from "I have a dream" to "I have a scheme".. It's sad because I can't find any modern people that speak truth, and I feel myself imagining political asylum. But taking down a Teddy Roosevelt -- that will change EVERYTHING! You can't legislate kindness and understanding (instead of actual systemic change), which is why those who grift can only mention these statements. They won't dare discuss class, poverty, war, freedoms being taken away in favor of this surveillance state, and the many industrial-complex (I'm so sick of that word, too) in regards not only the warfare state, but Big Pharma, information (anti-social media), prisons... Mostly helped by Joe Biden! How can anyone believe that fraud?

Great art fills the human soul, even if there's no food in the stomach. We learned this during the Great Depression, when we had the WPA, Federal Theatre. Let the artists do whatever they want and not worry about the audience. Chances are they'll like and respect you more if you're honest and sincere.

I just heard about Mel Gibson's upcoming movie, but that won't do it. He'll get a certain portion of a disillusioned audience, but it would be nice for someone who means well, but more importantly just wants to make a great movie, write a great song, come up with a great comedic routine. I wish this COVID didn't end Mort Sahl's show, too. It's a very sad time for me when the country (and most of the world) is being tricked, and even more sad that good intentions pave the road for less freedom.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Does Parasite or Jojo Rabbit, or 1917 count as movies that didn't care about current trends, or no?