Tombstone or Wyatt Earp?
69.23%
9 votes
Tombstone
30.77%
4 votes
Wyatt Earp
13 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Tombstone released in 1993, Wyatt Earp in 1994... both based on the Old West tale of Earp and The Gunfight At The OK Corral.

Both have considerably strong casts:

Tombstone with Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer, Sam Elliott, Bill Paxton, Powers Boothe, Michael Biehn, Michael Rooker, Robert Mitchum and Charlton Heston.

Wyatt Earp with Kevin Costner, Dennis Quaid, Gene Hackman, David Andrews, Linden Ashby, Jim Caviezel, Michael Madsen, Jeff Fahey, Catherine O'Hara and Bill Pullman.

The major difference is the running time...
Tombstone at 2hrs 10m (or 2hrs 15m extended cut)
Wyatt Earp at 3hrs 10m (or 3hrs 30m extended cut)

VS

Although I love Kevin Costner, I've never been keen on Wyatt Earp. It's too long and it drags terribly. Tombstone on the other hand has long been a favorite. I especially loved Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday.

I like Tombstone because it is the only western movie I really liked, I am not much of a western movie person..I liked Val Kilmer's character in Tombstone..I expected the movie to be boring, but, I was very surprised when I watched this movie!! 8-]]

Tombstone for me, Val Kilmer is just perfect as Doc Holiday and is the best performance out of both films imo.
I also like the overall cast of Tombstone over Wyatt Earp too, been a fan of Bill Paxton and Michael Biehn since I first saw Aliens, which I saw a few years before I saw Tombstone.
I've read that people criticize Tombstone for not being as historically accurate as Wyatt Earp, but I found Tombstone so entertaining it peeked my curiosity to read up on what life was really like during the events in Tombstone and the wild west in general.

I am a sometime fan of Costner (Yellowstone, No Way Out) but more often I find the films he directs or produces as well as acts to be bowel clinchingly earnest. Now Wyatt Earp is certainly not a laugh riot like The Postman but I never did like it much. Tombstone while a little hammier it's so much fun and just a fantastic western, one of the best of the 90's which saw several great ones.