The Batman

Tools    

I would also like to see a romance between Batman and Batgirl. A lot of people didn't like it in The Killing Joke, including me, but I think it can work, if done a lot better, or no?

Oh hell no. Frankly, I prefer Batman without those distractions. And especially not Batgirl. If anyone can lay claim to him, it's Catwoman.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh okay, when you say those distractions, do you mean the idea of a love interest?

You know what would be interesting in my opinion for a new Batman movie, is we don't often see a lot of what happens to the villains post-arrest. Like in The Dark Knight for example, in the opening, Batman ties up the people in the drug deal/meeting gone wrong, and leaves them there with the drug evidence for the police.

But they could just argue in court that they were put there and tied up and framed, and there are no witnesses to contest them. They should do this new Batman, where Batman is actually forced to testify as a witness, in order to help put the villains away. But Batman doesn't want to be arrested once he enters a court room, so before agreeing to testify, he would hire a lawyer to help him get immunity from prosecution. That would be interesting, cause I've never seen that in Batman before.

You know what would be interesting in my opinion for a new Batman movie, is we don't often see a lot of what happens to the villains post-arrest. Like in The Dark Knight for example, in the opening, Batman ties up the people in the drug deal/meeting gone wrong, and leaves them there with the drug evidence for the police.

But they could just argue in court that they were put there and tied up and framed, and there are no witnesses to contest them. They should do this new Batman, where Batman is actually forced to testify as a witness, in order to help put the villains away. But Batman doesn't want to be arrested once he enters a court room, so before agreeing to testify, he would hire a lawyer to help him get immunity from prosecution. That would be interesting, cause I've never seen that in Batman before.
I think you might be on your own on this one too ironpony

Not sure anyone wants anything close to a City of Gotham v. Penguin type of movie

You know, this really is a damned clever move from DC.

They can tie in Keaton, Kilmer and Cloo... Klooney... with Bale, Joaquin Phoenix's Joker, the TV series's's's they've started from Flash to Arrow to Smallville... also Reeve, Routh and Cavill...

Basically, everything since Superman The Movie (1978) can be part of the DCEU. All they need is permish from the Reeve Estate to use his likeness and we're off.

Hell, even the Superboy show from the late 80s and that godawful Supergirl movie can be considered canon now.

Good idea for the opening to the Pattinson sequel, now does Bruce Wayne know any lawyers?.........

You know, this really is a damned clever move from DC.

They can tie in Keaton, Kilmer and Cloo... Klooney... with Bale, Joaquin Phoenix's Joker, the TV series's's's they've started from Flash to Arrow to Smallville... also Reeve, Routh and Cavill...

Basically, everything since Superman The Movie (1978) can be part of the DCEU. All they need is permish from the Reeve Estate to use his likeness and we're off.

If I see Marlon Wayans in Nightwing gettup, I know I've either died or this is definitely a simulation

Reminds me of how (traditionally) Batman was in the courtroom when Harvey Dent got acid thrown on his face (turning him into Two-Face). In reality, a man in a costume would not be allowed in a courtroom.

In real life I had jury duty and there was a woman there in a full black burka (only her eyes showing thru a small slit).
I asked the guard about it as they checked me through security.
He said it was no problem, so I asked if it would be okay if I came dressed as Batman?
He said, "We'd have you on the floor and handcuffed in about two seconds."
I asked why? What would be the difference? All black outfit with part of my face concealed...?
He said, "Batman's not a religion, pal."
I responded, "Not to you, maybe."
He grinned evilly.
I said, "Sounds a bit like discrimination to me."
He said, "Okay, move along 'Batman!'"

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Correction. bat discrimination.

Reminds me of how (traditionally) Batman was in the courtroom when Harvey Dent got acid thrown on his face (turning him into Two-Face). In reality, a man in a costume would not be allowed in a courtroom.

In real life I had jury duty and there was a woman there in a full black burka (only her eyes showing thru a small slit).
I asked the guard about it as they checked me through security.
He said it was no problem, so I asked if it would be okay if I came dressed as Batman?
He said, "We'd have you on the floor and handcuffed in about two seconds."
I asked why? What would be the difference? All black outfit with part of my face concealed...?
He said, "Batman's not a religion, pal."
I responded, "Not to you, maybe."
He grinned evilly.
Yes but the DA, would have to cut a deal with Batman and arrange for him to come in costume, and the judge would have to instruct security to let him on the stand, if that can be done with DA prior approval

Ok,another-Batman flick,all I ask is that they don't tell his origin story again as it's been told to death.

The Reaper villain in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993).
P.S. He wasn't called the "Reaper" in Mask of the Phantasm - he was actually the Phantasm referred to in the title.
But the Phantasm was based on a character in the comics (the Batman: Year Two series) called the Reaper and the film's story was also based on that comic book story.

I see they are engaging in the usual race-changing (tokenism) of long established characters... *sigh*

(This is not a racially biased comment - I'm all for greater diversity in movies, more minority characters, creating new characters for wider diversity and / or using a great variety of established minority characters - what I am not for is altering the source material for purposes of political correctness by changing the very nature of who established characters are. Change anyone's race and they will not be the same person they had been - I think most people, whether they're in the majority or a minority would agree, race is, like it or not, part of one's overall life experience and helps develop who they are and who they become - and that concept is a part of the overall message behind some of the civil unrest we are seeing today. I don't think tokenism, quotas or political correctness that is the motive behind changing long established character's races helps in the delivering the intended message.)