Coronavirus

Tools    

⬆️ I remember Dettol. Wonder if we have it in America?

My daughter and I were to go to a concert in August this year... I got an email today from the concert venue.. its scheduled 1 year from the date of the concert.

I bet they ask everyone to wear a mask which is ok for now. I'm not sure how hot it will be in August 2021.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Last I saw, The RATM concert was rescheduled a week later in August here in NC. That is probably gonna be my litmus test for how I really feel about the virus stuff, if it doesn't get cancelled.

You ready? You look ready.
My city is blowing up with new cases and local news ain't talking about it. People running around like COVID ain't no thang. Gotta love it when the backwater meets the city.

We've got 12 separate restaurants near the local mall that have shutdown because of an infected worker. All within the last 2 weeks. Yup, even Chick-fil-A got hit.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

After being one of the hardest hit states early on, Massachusetts cases, hospitalizations, and deaths continue to plummet. Of course we are one of the slowest states to ease restrictions. I've collected around 25 different masks and like 100 overall in my travels, so I'm now providing them to my wife's coworkers. I've also noticed that I've become more attractive to women.

Other than maybe about half of Washintonians wearing masks, you can barely tell if this thing is still here. I really believe our geography is a big factor here. There's just not that many people here compared to the rest of the country. Most people in my own state don't believe that there's more people living in L.A., right now, than there is in the whole state of Washington. Its true tho. Not even 10 million in this big ass state. I'm sure we'll keep getting cases but I don't think we're gonna see any extemes like we saw in New York. We'll see.

After 3 months my local DNKN has now put 2 tables outside with a maximum of 4 chairs. Having sat on their back stairs for 3 months it sure was nice today to sit on a chair. Now they need to bring back two umbrellas.

I tested positive for Covid in a antibodies test. I actually remember I had a weird cold in late April when I lost my sense of smell for a few days. Overall, the flu was a worse experience for me since it lasts much longer than that weird cold, which lasted for 3 days and I had fever.

Funny thing is that I am supposedly immune but doctors told me to continue with the quarantine, wearing a mask, and washing hands just to be sure. That doesn't make sense.

Some of the responses are comical. (If "God's wonderful breathing system" was so perfect, it couldn't be so easily and quickly destroyed by something like a virus.)

And yet, right after the locals speak, the CNN newscaster states openly that "masks are one of the best ways to stop the spread of corona virus - that is proven."

I have to question that as well... only about 3 weeks ago I heard an interview with Dr. Fauci (who has literally gone back and forth on the question of masks) - at that point he was advocating that everyone wear them... BUT he had a caveat, he said their wearing at this point was more symbolic than anything else! (In other words, now it's more about making a social statement that you're taking the virus seriously or that you're concerned about others or just making others feel more comfortable.)

Other experts still maintain the earlier stance on masks - they don't do much physically (they may have a psychological effect on how safe you feel - which is a false sense of security, or send a message to others, but as far as protecting you, they don't do much) especially if they are not the N95 masks. Others maintain that masks may do more to protect others from you, but do little to protect you from others.

So I'd need to see the alleged "proof" that masks are one of the best ways to stop spread.

It's a dereliction of journalistic duty to claim things have been proven without supplying the data behind the claim (even if it has indeed been proved).

You ready? You look ready.
Yeah, I especially with all the plexiglass that has gone up. So so much plexi. All the data points to prolonged close contact in a confined space. But poor ventilation can wreck havoc too in a large space. It’s too bad it took a virus to rethink HVAC air flow.

Also, data or no data, my ass will be wearing a mask because I wanna keep my job.

I maintain my theory that there is little spread out of doors (based on articles I read that suggest it takes more than one Covid spore - or whatever individual quantities are called - getting inside you, rather it takes a concentration. Some theories suggest that simple outdoor air currents are enough to dilute the concentration of Covid from someone's cough in the space of only a few inches - so to contract it outdoors you'd need to be swapping spit with someone or letting them cough or sneeze almost directly in your mouth. And surface contact poses little risk outdoors - excepting things like maybe sharing the same drinking bottle - as viruses don't survive exposure to the elements well).

Thus, I don't think there will be much spread from the protests or riots as they mostly took place outdoors (but Trump's rally is another question as it was lots of people confined indoors).

P.S. Anyone remember the photos of giant pool parties in the Ozarks about a month back which were highly criticized? Was there any outcome as to viral spread?
I doubt there was much as it was outdoors (but then all those people probably retired indoors in the evening to eat, drink or continue partying - and that's where the greater risk of spread lied).

Statewide mask wearing is now mandatory in Washington. I feel like this is about 3 and a half months too late. If the CDC thinks that 100 million people (or whatever the number is that they totally made up) have already had covid then what's the point of wearing the masks?

Now I've seen some excellent data showing just how well even the most basic cloth coverings provide protection to others from you. So that's great. But, we should have been wearing them since January. Just like they are in China. You know, that country that all of America fears because they are tired of getting rich off of Americans so they created this virus specifically to kill Americans? In Wuhan the kids are going back to school. I think that says a lot for just how safe it is there.

This pandemic is tailor made for America. All the bad info and zero leadership. 125,000 dead and climbing. At this rate we may need another country to step in and help us. 1 to 2 million dead seems almost a certainty to me at this point.

I tested positive for Covid in a antibodies test. I actually remember I had a weird cold in late April when I lost my sense of smell for a few days. Overall, the flu was a worse experience for me since it lasts much longer than that weird cold, which lasted for 3 days and I had fever.

Funny thing is that I am supposedly immune but doctors told me to continue with the quarantine, wearing a mask, and washing hands just to be sure. That doesn't make sense.
What? Zero likes and I am a COVID-19 SURVIVOR!

Went shopping yesterday and our state has a mandatory face mask rule. So of course I seen lots of people without face mask, including one girl who wore her face mask on her chin, then promptly sneezed without covering her mouth...Are we sure we can't bring back the Inquisition ha!