Tools    

Naked
Falling Down
The Professional (aka Leon)
Mad Max/Road Warrior
American History X
A Clockwork Orange
Taxi Driver

This list could go on forever, but that should get you started.

Naked
Falling Down
The Professional (aka Leon)
Mad Max/Road Warrior
American History X
A Clockwork Orange
Taxi Driver

Great list. I will double and triple recommend A Clockwork Orange especially. Besides, it has one of the funniest sex scenes ever.

hey
can you guys recommend some good movies where the bad guy is the hero?
like despicable me and wolf of wall street.
The Wild One (1953) is the classic, with Marlon Brando.

I really liked the film "Venom" from Sony.

Welcome to the human race...
Some of these answers really need to differentiate between an anti-hero and a villain protagonist (to say nothing of characters that don't fit so neatly into either box). In any case, I'm kind of curious how Harry Potter fits the bill.

I used to deliberately seek them out all over. Was a while back, so I can’t think of that many now.
1. In the Company of Men (1997)
2. American Psycho (2000)
3. Drive (2011)
4. Oldboy (2003)
5. Scarface (1983)
6. There Will Be Blood (2007)
7. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975)
8. Killer Joe (2012)
9. Guest (2014)
10. The Hateful Eight (2015)
11. Sexy Beast (2000)
12. Amadeus (1984)
13. Henry (Portrait of a Serial Killer) (1986)
14. I Stand Alone (1998)
15. Hannibal (series)
16. The Silence of the Lambs (I would argue Lector steals the show)
17. Rope (1948)
18. Match Point (2005)
19. Double Indemnity (1944)
20. Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2005)
21. Whatever Happened to Baby Jane (1962)
22. Mommie Dearest (1981)
23. Man Bites Dog (1991)

If I think of more I’ll add.

Some of these answers really need to differentiate between an anti-hero and a villain protagonist (to say nothing of characters that don't fit so neatly into either box). In any case, I'm kind of curious how Harry Potter fits the bill.
I agree. A villain is someone whose actions create plot conflict (personally he may even be admirable, hence we have ‘villain’ ex-wives in many Hollywood films, even if they just want what’s best for their child). But an antihero is the protagonist without conventional heroic attributes. I tried to come up with a list for the latter. I think a list where a villain ‘wins’ and the protagonist is defeated is a very different and relatively short list.

I agree. A villain is someone whose actions create plot conflict (personally he may even be admirable, hence we have ‘villain’ ex-wives in many Hollywood films, even if they just want what’s best for their child). But an antihero is the protagonist without conventional heroic attributes. I tried to come up with a list for the latter. I think a list where a villain ‘wins’ and the protagonist is defeated is a very different and relatively short list.

I would put Infinity War on that short list of where the bad guy wins. I never saw Endgame because I like the end of Infinity War so much and I didn't want to ruin it.

I would put Infinity War on that short list of where the bad guy wins. I never saw Endgame because I like the end of Infinity War so much and I didn't want to ruin it.
Yes, I’m with you there.

And ‘The Empire Strikes Back’, of course!

And ‘The Dark Knight’.

I’m getting distracted

The devils reject by rob zombie a movie where the "heroes" are a family of necrophile and murders abd the movie actually humanise them quite an odd and disturbing feeling

In any case, I'm kind of curious how Harry Potter fits the bill.
Read my sentence again. Harry Potter himself is not the character I was referring to.

I’m so confused! You mean Voldemort or Snape or someone else?
The answer should be fairly obvious to anyone who has read the books or seen the films. I don't see how Voldemort in any way would fit the typical description of an antihero.

Welcome to the human race...
The phrasing of that sentence could've been clearer, especially since the anti-hero in question is a supporting character and the OP is clearly asking for films where the protagonist is the anti-hero.

Read my sentence again. Harry Potter himself is not the character I was referring to.

The answer should be fairly obvious to anyone who has read the books or seen the films. I don't see how Voldemort in any way would fit the typical description of an antihero.
Well, I was never a big Harry Potter fan, so happy to be considered ignorant here. Didn’t feel you were clear on who you were referring to, but if you’re not interested in discussing, no problem.

The phrasing of that sentence could've been clearer, especially since the anti-hero in question is a supporting character and the OP is clearly asking for films where the protagonist is the anti-hero.
OP is asking about films where the bad guy is the hero. A hero or antihero is not always the protagonist.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Naked

I don't know if I agree with this... I wouldn't call Johnny a bad guy, though he has some questionable morals. And he's definitely not the worst guy on that film.