I need some help with mild horror movie suggestions

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
"Judge Judy" - now THAT'S what I call horror!

Hubby and I watch "Judge Judy" every day. It's amazing how often she lets someone get away with theft because the plaintiff is just as dumb as the defendant.

Just make sure Carrie is the 1976 original.

It is.

I don't know a lot about it except something about a bloody prom scene, and I don't expect to like it, but I saw it listed on one of the movie channels, so I figured that I should at least give it a chance.

Just an FYI, this is what my current watchlist looks like just based on my cable DVR. I did a search on the genre "Horror", and added a lot of movies that sounded like they were worth watching for this countdown. (These are the movies that I already recorded, and I'll probably watch first.)

That's a lot of stuff to watch. When do you have time to eat, work and sleep

That's a lot of stuff to watch. When do you have time to eat, work and sleep

Fortunately I work at home, so I eat, work, and sleep with the TV on. My TV is pretty much always on when I'm home. I watch the movies when I can pay attention to them, and I watch the stuff like "Judge Judy", The Big Bang Theory", etc. when it's just in the background.

Fortunately I work at home, so I eat, work, and sleep with the TV on. My TV is pretty much always on when I'm home. I watch the movies when I can pay attention to them, and I watch the stuff like "Judge Judy", The Big Bang Theory", etc. when it's just in the background.
I'm the opposite, I can't stand having the TV on unless I'm actually watching it, which is only in the evening after dinner.

I see gbg has "Adam Ruins Everything" in her cue.

I tried to turn my mom onto the show (since it is somewhat educational, if a bit left-leaning) but she can't follow it - too fast paced in it's delivery: she doesn't get the jokes, most of which are topical and pertain to current media that she has no reference to, and she doesn't like the "cursing" (they say "sucks" a lot, along with bitchin', a$$, etc.) and she can't understand why Adam's hair is "like that"!

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ght=adam+ruins

Is Manhunter listed as horror? Assuming it's the 1986 version, that is.

Yes, it's Manhunter from 1986 starring William Petersen, and IMDB has it tagged as "Horror".

I've been reading through the list of movies that IMDB has tagged as"Horror", (over 26,000 movies), and you'd be surprised at some of the movies that IMDB lists as Horror.

@Swan For example, Take Shelter (2011) is listed as Horror.

I see gbg has "Adam Ruins Everything" in her cue.

I tried to turn my mom onto the show (since it is somewhat educational, if a bit left-leaning) but she can't follow it - too fast paced in it's delivery: she doesn't get the jokes, most of which are topical and pertain to current media that she has no reference to, and she doesn't like the "cursing" (they say "sucks" a lot, along with bitchin', a$$, etc.) and she can't understand why Adam's hair is "like that"!

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ght=adam+ruins

I like "Adam Ruins Everything", but sometimes he can get a bit annoying, so I can understand why your mom doesn't like him or his jokes. But it's worth watching for some of the interesting information he tells us.

Yeah, I see Take Shelter categorized as horror more than I'd like. It's the weirdest thing. I can be pretty lenient about what I consider horror, but Take Shelter is absolutely not horror.

As I just noticed it's tagged as horror I have to suggest The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane. I don't understand why it has the tag but that's not relevant.

Anabelle all parts
Conjuring all parts
The Exorcist
Exorcism

do watch these movies once.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

Rosemary's baby (1968)

Frailty (2001) maybe horror??

The shining (1980)

Carrie (1976)

I have a hard time thinking of the ones without the blood and guts 😃

There's certainly a bucketload of it in Carrie

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
The Skin I Live In (2011) if that counts as horror.

Yeah, I see Take Shelter categorized as horror more than I'd like. It's the weirdest thing. I can be pretty lenient about what I consider horror, but Take Shelter is absolutely not horror.
I very much liked the bits in Take Shelter that could be mislabeled as horror .

Based on the truth.. and lies.
But Carrie and the shining the blood seems like a small part and is classyish I'm sorry I may have misunderstood 😂