GBG's Non-Country Music Count-UP

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I love Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, and these are two of my favorite songs.

10A) Frankie Valli - My Eyes Adored You

10B) Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You

Great songs those last two GBG

Thanks. I love Frankie Valli. I'm looking forward to seeing Jersey Boys when it comes out on DVD. The Broadway show got great reviews, but I haven't heard much about the movie. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

I fell in love with Survivor after Jimi Jamison joined the band in 1984. These are two of my favorite Survivor songs with Jimi Jamison singing the lead vocals.

11A) Survivor - The Search Is Over

11B) Survivor - Man Against the World

I'm not really familiar with the bands Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship, but when their lead singer Marty Balin went solo in the early 1980s, he had a top ten hit with this great song.

12) Marty Balin - Hearts

It's time for a country music break.

Don Williams is one of my favorite classic country singers. His voice is so smooth, he could sing the phonebook and I would listen to him. These are two of my favorites of his songs.

Country Song #2A:
Don Williams - Amanda

Country Song #2B:
Don Williams - Lord I Hope This Day Is Good

I posted this song on the "Born Today" thread because today is Johnny Mathis' birthday, but I love this song, so I'm including it here too.

Bonus Song #3:
Johnny Mathis - Wonderful Wonderful

Billy Joel has so many great songs that I could fill this thread with just his music, so I picked a couple of my favorite Billy Joel songs to include here, but there are so many more that could have been listed here.

And he's from Long Island, NY too.

14A) Billy Joel - Sometimes a Fantasy

14B) Billy Joel - You May Be Right

I'm not a big fan of Loverboy, but their power ballads are fantastic. These are two Loverboy songs that I love.

15A) Loverboy - This Could Be the Night

15B) Loverboy - Heaven in Your Eyes (from the 1986 movie Top Gun)

Little River Band had some great hits back in the 1980s, and these are two of my favorite Little River Band songs.

16A) Little River Band - The Other Guy

16B) Little River Band - The Night Owls

I love Frankie Avalon's voice, and these are two of my favorite Frankie Avalon songs.

17A) Frankie Avalon - Venus

17B) Frankie Avalon - Why

I know that people are reading this thread because I've gotten rep from several people, but how about some comments?

What songs or artists listed here do you like?
What songs or artists listed here do you dislike?
Maybe you like an artist, but prefer a different song by that artist?
Or maybe there's a song that you like, but you prefer a different artist's version of that song?

Any comments good or bad would be appreciated. I feel like I'm talking to myself here.

Just here for the free donuts
I know how you feel GB. I'm pretty much hanging out by myself most of the time in my 80's thread. I love Frankie Valli. I have not heard a lot of the stuff you've been posting which is cool, I just need to find the time to sit and listen here soon, before it becomes too daunting a task as the list grows. Very different and interesting list so far!

I know how you feel GB. I'm pretty much hanging out by myself most of the time in my 80's thread. I love Frankie Valli. I have not heard a lot of the stuff you've been posting which is cool, I just need to find the time to sit and listen here soon, before it becomes too daunting a task as the list grows. Very different and interesting list so far!

Thanks for the comments.

I know that my music taste it different from a lot of people's tastes here, but I think it's pretty good, even though it's also a bit unique. Many of these artists have had some pretty big hits, so somebody other than me must be listening to them.

I've been following most of the music threads, and I've found a few songs and artists that I like that I had never heard before.

Just here for the free donuts
I'm going to post some metal here in a minute in my 80's thread. See if your husband approves