The biggest plot holes

Tools    

Gremlins always gets me when Billy gets laughed at by the two Sheriffs when he's explaining the monsters.
A teacher is lying dead at the school... why didn't Billy tell them about it?
Surely even the mere possibility of a dead body is enough for the cops to go check it out.

Yeah, that's not a plot hole. It's dumb writing.

EDIT: LOL, according to something I just read, Ben Affleck did raise that issue to Michael Bay during filming, and Bay told him to "shut the f*** up"
Affleck's commentary on the movie is awesome as well.
He sits for the 2+ hours and absolutely rips the movie to pieces non-stop.

Plot holes definitely used to bother me a tonne more when I was a kid. There were all sorts of things in Back to the Future that used to keep me up at night.
Like the second time machine in BTTF3... whose parts could have been used to fix the broken time machine.
They could then simply have left a list of repair instructions with the time machine in the cave for 1955 Doc.

EDIT:
Or the fact that Doc built a Locomotive time machine... so he could have basically gone to 1885, and given Doc and Marty the stuff they needed to fix the broken time machine, and saved them a lot of hassle with Mad Dog.

A system of cells interlinked
I often watch a movie and scratch my head on things. Damn me, I just can't seem to remember anything except Alien:Covenant. That movie was just so weird. Why would they visit a foreign planet without helmet? And sniff on flowers? Everything was so wrong with this movie...
This is my main complaint with this movie, as well, and it extends to Prometheus, as well, although they at least make a show of wearing helmets etc. for a little while. In Covenant, they basically stroll out of the ship in cut-off shorts and a T-shirt, and start putting their eyes up next to weird spores etc. Dumb.

I do like the expansion of the lore with David and the engineering of the Xenomorph and face huggers, so I still like the movie in some ways.

Yeah even HG Wells knew about pathogens from other planets and how they could affect non-terrestrial life.
And that was in the 1800s.

Dunno if this is a plot hole... but the passage of time in Empire Strikes Back.

Luke goes off to find Yoda... Han and Leia scoot off across the galaxy on their own adventure.

Yoda says Luke is too old to begin training... though trains him anyway... then, Luke sees Han and Leia in danger... and leaves.

So, did Yoda only train Luke for 2 days before Luke ran away to save his friends?
Yoda must have been p*****ssssed.

Toy Story...

Why does Buzz think he's a genuine Space Ranger... when in Toy Story 2, Woody has absolutely no idea who the Roundup Gang is?

Karate Kid (1984)
Kicks to the head and face aren't allowed.
Daniel wins the tournament... by kicking Johnny directly in the face.

A Quiet Place...

Just set off a woodchipper or any large industrial choppy machinery.
Muffin Monster would be perfect.
The creatures would come in their droves... and die immediately.

Welcome to the human race...
I often watch a movie and scratch my head on things. Damn me, I just can't seem to remember anything except Alien:Covenant. That movie was just so weird. Why would they visit a foreign planet without helmet? And sniff on flowers? Everything was so wrong with this movie...
I don't know how much I can really fault a film because its characters are capable of human error like this - considering how their voyage had been interrupted by a space anomaly that horribly killed their captain, they made the choice to head for a nearby planet that was close enough to their requirements rather than risk going back into cryosleep and dying. Besides, considering how many people don't follow pandemic guidelines, I'm not surprised that there might be space colonists who find a planet with breathable air and think it's no threat.

(CinemaSins sucks, by the way. I used to like them, but I realised that they are fairly full of sh*t when it comes to digging up "plot holes" and will straight-up fabricate them - I remember their video for Ghost in the Shell questioning the riverboat scene and how the Major can't swim when she's so heavy despite the whole point of the scene being that she has to rely on flotation devices and even talks out loud to her partner about how she'll sink if they broke. Now I just consider it weak, uninteresting clickbait that draws attention away from the good film videos on YouTube.)

At the end of Edward Scissorhands... where did Edward get huge blocks of ice so he could make Ice Sculptures?

Independence Day... somehow Mac is compatible with alien technology... whereas in the real world, especially in 1996, Mac was so bad a tech, it wasn't even compatible with itself.

Red Letter Media's Plinkett describes it better than I can, but in Star Trek: Generations, when Picard can go to any moment in time, why not go to one where he could safely apprehend Soran? Besides, if he did this, he would also prevent the Enterprise-D from being destroyed.

My Darth Star is in for a service
The poster was held firm at the top. Perhaps had rocks, washers or whatever taped/glued to back side along the bottom, so as to just hang down. Earlier in the movie he showed this when starting to dig.

The biggest one I found was when he broke the pipe and all the poo came shooting out. Yet the pipe was empty when making his way to the creek.
Maybe somebody flushed?

Great thread! Do you guys know the YouTube channel CinemaSins? In each video he literally dissects movies and tv shows.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CinemaSins
I despise CinemaSins. Pretty much everything he goes over isn't so much a plot hole as much as it's an endless stream of nitpicks. Some people take his style of criticism seriously as well.

Can't even see where the knob is
A famous one is, of course, the one from The Lost World: Jurassic Park:

Where the boat crashes into the docks because the crew had been torn apart by magical, invisible, non-existent raptors. The reason for this is obvious - there are a number of scenes and story beats missing - but the net result is one of the most egregious examples of a plot hole I've ever seen.

Come to think of it, the first and third JP movies ALSO had at least one BIG plot hole/logical impossibility. Maybe it's a conscious tradition?

Victim of The Night
Independence Day... somehow Mac is compatible with alien technology... whereas in the real world, especially in 1996, Mac was so bad a tech, it wasn't even compatible with itself.
This one would drive me crazy back when I thought ID4 was even watchable.

Recommending cinemasins and constant complaints about plot holes that aren’t plot holes? I feel targeted by this thread.