Forced diversity in Hollywood

Tools    

It's not inaccurate - it's just very general.
Imagine if I robbed a bank and the description given on an APB was: Animal: Mammal: Primate - none are inaccurate, but not specific enough. And based on colloquial use, police would probably be looking for a gorilla based on the word "primate" instead of a homosapien (which itself would be far too general to be of any help as it wouldn't differentiate from over 7 billion others).
Or what if I were described as North American - it wouldn't be of much use is all I'm saying.
But you know what people are referring to when they say Asian.

Now we've got that out of the way you should send me your top ten favourite foods for the Countdown i'm running - https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=53044

But you know what people are referring to when they say Asian.

Now we've got that out of the way you should send me your top ten favourite foods for the Countdown i'm running - https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=53044
You've got it, my Indian friend!

African Americans speak with a different dialect of English than European Americans to the point where I can tell if someone is an African American just through the telephone.
This is largely a stereotype of course. You only assume all blacks talk the same because when you talk with blacks that dont sound that way on the phone you assume they are white. Believe me theres LOTS of blacks that dont sound ebonic in the least... And in America, they tend to pat them on the head and call them "well spoken" which is a euphemism for "he actually sounds intelligent!" This has faded some with the newest generation but I certainly saw this a lot growing up.

So should we start picketing Black Panther? I mean talk about "forcing diversity"...Whats wrong with all the good drug dealer and pimp roles?! Not good enough for those people?
"Forced" diversity would be placing a non-black actor in the role of a long established character who is a native of a central-eastern African land because someone feels there's not enough representation of other-than-black minorities. And yeah, it would be ridiculous to have a non-black actor playing the role of a character who's whole being is about his roots.

If Hollywood wants a character of a certain ethnicity, then use one already established or create a new one, rather than alter an existing & established character.

"Forced" diversity would be placing a non-black actor in the role of a long established character who is a native of a central-eastern African land because someone feels there's not enough representation of other-than-black minorities. And yeah, it would be ridiculous to have a non-black actor playing the role of a character who's whole being is about his roots.
Forced diversity can also mean, in the minds of many bigots, the very act of “liberal Hollywood” green lighting and special handling a movie like Black Panther and “forcing” us to swallow a black lead superhero character when every lead superhero character has always been white. They see it as a kind of movie affirmative action which they also view as fundamentally abhorrent and the fact that its getting great reviews as the industry "pandering" to minorities.

If Hollywood wants a character of a certain ethnicity, then use one already established or create a new one, rather than alter an existing & established character.
Depends on the character. Never really understood why people lost their minds about black Annie. Or why people get upset over all black casts of Shakespeare plays or the like (have you not seen Lion King??) And I don’t care what you say, The Wiz was awesome. But yeah I wouldn’t have a black Abraham Lincoln or anything.

Decades ago white privilege used to be a thing, but then movements started to happen and through much struggle and time the world eventually achieved equality.
I see somebody got a hold of a time machine and managed to travel back in time and pay us a visit. I just hope you did not travel from too far in the future.
Now, can I please borrow your machine? I need to travel back in time and take care of...a few things.

Rather than bother about ethnic diversity in Hollywood and all that , why don't you white people produce more children? Your numbers are declining alarmingly. All that white folks have is pets . And pets aren't substitute for children.

Rather than bother about ethnic diversity in Hollywood and all that , why don't you white people produce more children? Your numbers are declining alarmingly. All that white folks have is pets . And pets aren't substitute for children.
Yeah, but pets are a lot cheaper.
(Hey, I don't have either!)

Yeah, but pets are a lot cheaper.
(Hey, I don't have either!)
I don't have either too .

But Indians are not declining in numbers. So I don't feel any responsibility to increase numbers of my people.

I don't have either too .

But Indians are not declining in numbers. So I don't feel any responsibility to increase numbers of my people.
Seems like they're certainly increasing in numbers in America!

So, ash, how do you feel about the American misnomer of calling its native peoples by your country's people's name, all due to a mistake made over 500 years ago?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Can you remind me, please? I seriously dont remember what you're talking about. Is this like the time you told me I said Trump was a neo nazi?
Third time lucky, then I'm going off to watch all of those PoCs competing at the winter olympics.

Third time lucky, then I'm going off to watch all of those PoCs competing at the winter olympics.
I thought I discussed this with you on a couple occassions - maybe it was someone else.

I thought I discussed this with you on a couple occassions - maybe it was someone else.
Hmmm. That's what you always say. Interesting.

OK so Bunker, have you actually given a reason why this pisses you off so much?

Seems like they're certainly increasing in numbers in America!

So, ash, how do you feel about the American misnomer of calling its native peoples by your country's people's name, all due to a mistake made over 500 years ago?
The Indians from the subcontinent have high income and high standard of living--at least those who have migrated to America. So they are not a problem. They contribute in a positive way to America.

https://blogs.voanews.com/all-about-...he-most-money/

Nice to remember a time when India was so desirable that Columbus actually mounted an expedition to reach it .

The Indians from the subcontinent have high income and high standard of living--at least those who have migrated to America. So they are not a problem. They contribute in a positive way to America.

Nice to remember a time when India was so desirable that Columbus actually mounted an expedition to reach it .
Well said, ash. I have no problem with Indians coming to America or anyone who comes legally and doesn't seek to hurt anyone.

That's what I always say?
How you keep confusing me with someone else offends my sensitive white privileged snowflake feels.

This thread is just
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Pets > children.

Bill Burr