LF a few old horror movies pre 1995

Tools    

Hi

I think I asked these questions on IMDB once, but the forum got shut down there for some reason.

I will ask for several movies in one topic not to create several topics. My descriptions might be really vague or even untrue but I will try my best. I would really appreciate to clarify at least one of them. Have been looking for some of them for 30 years or so. I saw these movies in USSR around 1985-1995. Most of them might be either Italian or American movie. For some reason old Russia showed plenty of Italian movies.

1). [Horror] Old clip that scared me a lot as a kid. Not sure if it was a short clip, a movie, or stop motion. There is a man wearing a hat (not Freddy Krueger, as I have seen all of them) - and there is another humanoid character (maybe bald). The atmosphere is creepy. The bald (?) character is cut in two (sideways, by the belly) by the man with the hat and shortly is walking on his hands instead.

2). [Sci-fi] Probably American. Some crew finds an elongated alien artifact that resembles a bit an American football ball. And they study it.

3). [Horror] Probably American. Some flying fish (?!) are attacking people. They just fly around like discs and kill people.

4). [Horror] Probably American. Some teenagers (?) fighting/fleeing from some undead probably at graveyard. They drive a car away. Some undead is holding on to the back of the car. I know it's weird, but at some point i remember it as if a "thread" from that undead gets stuck on the back of the car and the undead, who now falls off, starts to unravel with the thread.

[SOLVED by Jinnistan]

5). [Horror] Probably American. A teenage girl visits a morgue with some friend(s) where her father died. Then he ressurects and there is lightning coming out of his eyes. Not sure about this one.

Please help me out. The very vague memories of those movies are still hanting me.

#5 sounds like it might be Mortuary (1983)?
I think you're right, but the lightning makes me think of One Dark Night with Meg Tilly, although it wassn't her father. Maybe a confusion of the two?

I think you're right, but the lightning makes me think of One Dark Night with Meg Tilly, although it wassn't her father. Maybe a confusion of the two?
That was actually the first one to come to mind (as I actually watched it a few weeks ago), but it takes place in a mausoleum, not a morgue, and the other girls aren't really her friends, so I ruled it out.

Thanks! That seems to be the one I remember someone describing the ending to me and this movie seems to fit in every way. So nice to have finally found one of them. Thanks!!

I will check out the others as soon as I can.

I will concede the point to Jinnistan, but will note that both films are available to watch for free on Tubi (and One Dark Night is on there in a pretty good transfer).

Also, I'm thinking #2 might be Contamination (1980), the Alien rip-off with a slow motion exploding chest effect that never gets old.

I will concede the point to Jinnistan, but will note that both films are available to watch for free on Tubi (and One Dark Night is on there in a pretty good transfer).

Also, I'm thinking #2 might be Contamination (1980), the Alien rip-off with a slow motion exploding chest effect that never gets old.

I also found One Dark Night on Youtube but thanks for suggestion.

Well, the sci-fi movie i remember takes place in space, and it is more low key in its ambience. Also, the alien artifact is more elongated. And there is some mystery to what it could be when they research it in sort of a space station research room.