Do You Have A "Style" When It Comes To Reviewing Movies?

Tools    

I might check it out. Surely, it can't be worse than Garbage Pail Kids.
Famous last words.

I mean, go ahead. But it does feel like letting someone put their hand on a hot stove.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Keep it simple, review movies that look good, stick to mainly action, comedy, or horror.

Why no!

Mine is the 2013 Japanese remake of the film you linked.

(Crumbsroom, more proof that we are in some way soulmates, though I wager my Hitch Hike is the worse specimen).
Well, I'm happy it wasn't my Hitchhike because I was beginning to worry I jokingly half assed recommended it back in RT days. Because that sounds like something I might have done. And I would have felt terrible if anyone actually listened to my nonsense.

And I'd wager mine is worse. It's so valueless even I couldn't understand why I was wasting my time with it. And I rarely play the 'that's an hour and a half I'll never get back' card. It was so bad, I think I only watched it twice.

Welcome to the human race...
I also get twitchy about people handing out 1/10 ratings because they are frequently used to lower the scores of movies aimed at certain demographics. (For example, who are the 6.6% of people giving Vampires vs. The Bronx a 1/10?!). (Okay, I followed one person who gave it a 1/10 and, surprise surprise!, his rating history is full of 1/10 ratings for any movie that: criticizes Trump, has people of color in lead roles, has the word "immigrant" in its plot description, features gay/trans characters. Has he actually seen these movies? Doubt it! And lest you doubt his taste, he considers Krull a PERFECT movie. 10/10!).
Yeah, I figure you can judge a person as much by their 1/10s as by their 10/10s. I think if you try to grade on a curve anyway then you just end up with a lot of stuff in the 4-7 range anyway and anything outside that range really has to warrant it - even breaking down the extremes is its own challenge as, like I said before, what really separates a 1/10 from a 2/10? It has to have an X factor that pushes it beyond - kind of like how Nigel Tufnel's amps go to 11. I obviously don't care for people arbitrarily doing it just to lower a film's aggregate score, whether it's because of genuine bigotry like your example or just the kind of no-good-new-movies elitism that OP appears to practice.

Yeah, I figure you can judge a person as much by their 1/10s as by their 10/10s. I think if you try to grade on a curve anyway then you just end up with a lot of stuff in the 4-7 range anyway and anything outside that range really has to warrant it - even breaking down the extremes is its own challenge as, like I said before, what really separates a 1/10 from a 2/10?
I think we're on the same page, though I tend to give 7s and 8s to movies I really enjoy and then I get pickier in the 9-10 range.

For me, a 1/10 means I think a film should actively be avoided and has no redeeming qualities. Even movies that I really dislike often get a 4/10 from me because there is usually a performance, a special effect, a camera angle, a soundtrack choice, a line of dialogue, a funny joke, or SOMETHING that I think "someone put thought into that and it deserves recognition".