Film Trash Review (Review A Day, Video Review A Week)

→ in
Tools    

Somewhere out there I'm having a good time.
Yeah, that's a shade more reasonable.

That said, I have a very complicated relationship with remakes. On one hand, it does feel like a film should be docked a few points for being less original, not conceiving of something itself, etc. On the other hand, it obviously doesn't matter, inherently, from an entertainment standpoint. If you see the remake first, should it really affect your enjoyment retroactively when you learn about the original? Obviously not. So it's not really clear how to account for this sort of thing.

For example, I've seen both The Departed and Infernal Affairs, and I think Marty's take on it is better in almost every way. Should it matter that he got his framework from another film? It would certainly make the script, itself, less impressive, but I don't know if I should penalize the film for it at all.
Completely feel the same way. Except for shot by shot remakes such as "Psycho" That's just completely pointless. haha

I'm sorry, what? Jurassic Park has far better special effects than most films that come out today, for the sheer purpose that they used robotics instead of CGI. I can still go back and watch the original Jurassic Park today and those dinosaurs look pretty real.
True, what do you think Steven will decide to do for the fourth film. His robots have been quit magical however I haven't seen a robot on film in a long long time.

Transformers : Dark Of The Moon - 8/10
This Film Became #100 On My All-Time List
http://www.imdb.com/list/Q9VNpfdHQYM/

A dull plot, yes but we already knew that coming in. Transformers 3 is visual eye candy that will allow all that see it to enjoy it if they want to. The first one straight up action film that I have ever truly enjoyed. Far better then Transformers 2. Still if you are looking for a story line you are going to the film for all the wrong reasons.

Next Film: Horrible Bosses (2011)

True, what do you think Steven will decide to do for the fourth film. His robots have been quit magical however I haven't seen a robot on film in a long long time.
If Spielberg ever does make a fourth film, which I would be extremely excited for, he probably wouldn't use CGI. He hates using CGI, so I think he'd still use the robotics. That said though, Stan Winston is dead now, so I don't know if he'd still use the robotics.

The first Transformers was a pretty fun movie. The second was far worse, very stupid, obnoxious, a mess. I sort of expected it, though. I'll just stick with the first one whenever I'm in the mood for some juvenile sci-fi action with giant robots.

I doubt I'll be seeing the third any time soon.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

If Spielberg ever does make a fourth film, which I would be extremely excited for, he probably wouldn't use CGI. He hates using CGI, so I think he'd still use the robotics. That said though, Stan Winston is dead now, so I don't know if he'd still use the robotics.
He keeps hinting at it and as long as War Horse is good I see him doing it.

The first Transformers was a pretty fun movie. The second was far worse, very stupid, obnoxious, a mess. I sort of expected it, though. I'll just stick with the first one whenever I'm in the mood for some juvenile sci-fi action with giant robots.

I doubt I'll be seeing the third any time soon.
If you do don't expect it to be anything more then it is a movie about big destructive robots haha.

Video Review Coming Tomorrow

‎Horrible Bosses - 6/10

It's funny, no doubt about that. It's likely to be the most I laugh at a film this summer. However, it's borderline pointless story is absolutely mind numbing and overall at times the film just tries to be too funny. Besides trying too hard the film also tip toes it's way threw sexual situations and overall aggression making the confrontation that does take place, boring.

Next Film: Trust (2010)

‎Horrible Bosses - 6/10

It's funny, no doubt about that. It's likely to be the most I laugh at a film this summer. However, it's borderline pointless story is absolutely mind numbing and overall at times the film just tries to be too funny. Besides trying too hard the film also tip toes it's way threw sexual situations and overall aggression making the confrontation that does take place, boring.

Next Film: Trust (2010)

Video Review Schedule:
Friends With Benefits (7/10)
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (7/12)
Captain America: The First Avenger (7/23)

It's not really up to Bateman to make the Arrested Development movie. That all relies on the creators and the studio.

It's not really up to Bateman to make the Arrested Development movie. That all relies on the creators and the studio.
I get that, I was just pretty much saying that he needs to stop accepting these cliche rolls.

Trust - 8/10
This Film Became #94 On My All-Time List
http://www.imdb.com/list/Q9VNpfdHQYM

The story of a family's struggle after there daughter becomes a victim of a predator. Shockingly this film doesn't have the life lessons and sappy undertone message that most of these female victim films have. The interesting and impressive drama will live long at the top and all because the filmmakers weren't afraid to tell it like it is.

Next Film: Pulp Fiction (1994)

Video Review Schedule:

Pulp Fiction - 8/10

Some films are looked in high standard just because they have been looked at in high standard for a long time. However, this film is not one of them. It felt like you spent an entire day with the characters and at over 2 and a half hours it’s no wonder. I didn’t mind though and it’s always refreshing to relive the reasons why Travolta and Jackson are forever considered great actors. The only problem I had with the film was in some places it chose guns over story.

Next Film: A Clockwork Orange

Video Review Schedule:

A Clockwork Orange - 9/10
The Film Became #1 On My All-Time List

Innovative, spectacular and refreshing the strange acts and a perfect art department make this film stand out above the rest. I wasn't completely impressed with the film until nearly two hours in. I felt it was an artistic piece with little to no meaning. However, A Clockwork Orange is a portrait of modern day rebellion and the reality of life.

Next Film: The Ward (2011)

Video Review Schedule:

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I don't know why your saying it's dumb at all. 2001 did things that no other film ever before it had done, so every film after it copied the exact same principle thus making everything in 2001 cliche. I am not saying that 2001 wasn't a great film for it's time but it's time is up and it's time to move on. It's the reason we still watch movies to find something new, interesting and hopefully better then the last one.
A Clockwork Orange - 9/10

Innovative, spectacular and refreshing the strange acts and a perfect art department make this film stand out above the rest. I wasn't completely impressed with the film until nearly two hours in. I felt it was an artistic piece with little to no meaning. However, A Clockwork Orange is a portrait of modern day rebellion and the reality of life.
A Clockwork Orange was so 40 years ago. Don't you have something fresh to review like that 2001: A Space Odyssey rip-off The Tree of Life?

A Clockwork Orange was so 40 years ago. Don't you have something fresh to review like that 2001: A Space Odyssey rip-off The Tree of Life?
Oh come on I am sure The Tree of Life isn't just a rip-off of 2001. Yes, it does have some of the same kinds of shots but at the end of the day I think Terrence is trying to use the new eye popping high end cameras to make a art film that will last for years. As 2001 did with Standard Def Cameras.

I haven't seen it yet because I can't find it anywhere around me but once I find it I differentially will be reviewing it.

The Ward - 6/10

It's not John Carpenters fault but simply this story has been told a thousand times, making it unoriginal and boring. Many questions are built up throughout the film and non are answered until the last 10 minutes.

Next Film: A Film Unfinished

Video Review Schedule:

A Film Unfinished - 8/10
This Film Became #98 On My All-Time List

What is advertised as a shocking tail of a propaganda film is more or less a telling of the day to day life at the Warsaw Ghetto. I just wish the filmmakers understood how golden the stories and relationships of the survivors to the ghetto were. At times it feels as though the documentary is trying to be more of a conspiracy piece, placing twists and turns that are way to knowledgeable to the viewer to gain the gasps that they are working for.

Next Film: Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone

Video Review Schedule:
Friends With Benefits (7/9)
Another Earth (7/12)
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (7/16)