Film Trash Review (Review A Day, Video Review A Week)

→ in
Tools    

Somewhere out there I'm having a good time.
Shut Up, Little Man! - 7/10

What could be a great documentary turns into a story about two money hungry college students and never truly grasps the other side of what's going on. The influence of the two men who made these recording is great and never portrayed negatively. This documentary falls short because of the sorrow and sympathy you have for the characters that you really aren't sorry for.

Limelight - 7/10

Limelight has a great story to tell about the New York club scene in the early 90's. However the documentary tries to cram to much unnecessary information in, leading the viewer to become confused. The amount of amazing subjects and collective characters interviewed for this film, it's no wonder that the doc spilled a little to much information. If they would slow down the pace, work on incorporating the music of the club into the soundtrack and embraced the story that ends the film this doc would have no problem becoming one of the greats!

The Game - 9/10

Another David Fincher masterpiece only solidifies his acceptance among the greats. The ending discredits any clues you might have along the way but it's still enough of a push to make this thriller a classic in my mind!

Singin' In The Rain - 10/10

#11 Film Of All-Time
http://www.imdb.com/list/Q9VNpfdHQYM/

Singin In The Rain defines youth culture forever. It's a simple basic story revolved around complex camera movements and stage style direction. This is one of those films that you can watch over and over again and find something new or different each and every time you watch it. It's eye candy mixed with some of the greatest melodies in cinema history. You can't go wrong when your Singin In The Rain!

Some Like It Hot - 9/10

Don't get me wrong I think this is a great movie. It's just that when AFI puts out a list of the 100 greatest comedies of all-time and this is #1 I have to disagree. It's the cross dressing comedy that started them all mix that with Marilyn Monroe and you got a classic. The problem I had with this so called masterpiece is that there were hardly any twists or turns along the way. Every time you thought something was going to happen, everything went find and by the time something actually happened, you just don't care anymore. Maybe that's the art, maybe I just don't get it but Some Like It Hot will always have be a little slice in history wither I like it or not!

Bananas - 9/10

Bananas is the first Woody Allen film that I actually enjoyed. One of his earlier works that just is damn funny! The dry humor of every day situations and commenting on things we all go through in strange ways just has be bursting with laughter. The Charlie Chaplin homage to silent film in downtown New York is just perfect.

Re:Generation - 7/10

I was really excited to see this doc. About half way through I realized that this documentary was just a ploy by the GRAMMY's to try to understand electronic music. This film is better suited for your grandparents learning to be hip and cool rather then yourself. However, the artist and the music that comes from this collaboration to strictly amazing. Save some time and just watch the last ten minutes. You won't miss anything!

Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol - 9/10

This should have been called 'Chuck' the movie. It's the funny humor of spy films passed, mixed with popcorn candy action that really makes this film stand out. I now want to go back and watch the first three. I just wish the first three were as good as this action masterpiece.

Haywire - 6/10

I don't care who you are. Casting a fighter as the lead in an action film is always a bad idea. Casting Channing Tatum is usually a bad idea. Having Steven Soderbergh direct a action film is sometimes a bad idea. Put all three together and your doomed! Wait, it's certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes! Let's just ignore that fact because this film just suck!

Love the way you do these little reviews thanks

I am a big fan of Some Like it hot

Love the way you do these little reviews thanks

I am a big fan of Some Like it hot
Thanks I appreciate it. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Though it wasn't my favorite I still keep digging through the AFI lists because every once in a while I get one of those films that just hits me...Like "A Clockwork Orange" and "Singin In The Rain"