looks like kevin costner? mark harmon? ??

Tools    

hello. new here and hoping you folks can help me out. i have been driven nearly mad the past 2 weeks trying to think of an actor who looks a bit like kevin costner / mark harmon. i have been searching the internet and scouring imdb, so i've seen all the obvious suggestions. i hope y'all will have some unobvious suggestions for me.

this guy is a character actor, not a lead, with blue eyes, slightly overlapping front teeth, a distinctive adenoidal voice. he's a smallish guy with tan skin.

i can picture him in my mind! i think he played a military man, cowboy, or mobster, but i realise that's not very helpful. seems that he had a role where he tried to convince a friend not to do something desperate/bad.

i got stuck on this after hearing a show on pbs where the narrator sounded just like this guy i cannot place, but when i looked at the credits, the narrator is michael murphy and that's decidedly NOT who i'm trying to think of.

it's not matthew mcconaughey, woody harrelson, kevin costner, mark harmon, leonardo dicaprio, edward norton, alan ruch, casey affleck, matt damon, dennis quaid. i really think he must be a lesser-known actor.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Semper Fooey
You can picture him, but we can't.

Semper Fooey
With that information it is like finding a needle in a haystack.

He doesn't look like Mark Harmon or Kevin Costner, but otherwise that very general description (I don't know about cowboys, but certainly mobsters and military men) could describe Dean Stockwell.

* sigh *

yeah, i know. i can see him and nobody else can. too bad i can't print a pic right out of my brain. dean stockwell is the basic look, but too old.

thanks for the reply.

dean stockwell is the basic look, but too old.
And Dean Stockwell, old or young, looks absolutely nothing like Kevin Costner or Mark Harmon, so I wonder why we're unable to help? You have made it almost impossible to guess what in the fart is inside your head (somebody who kinda sounds like Michael Murphy?!?), but even with the sketchy and conflicting information I actually have a guess...

JEFF FAHEY?

Fahey started his career in the '80s, jumping from the soap "One Life to Live" onto the big screen as one of the evil henchmen in Lawrence Kasdan's Western Silverado (1985), which of course co-starred Kevin Costner. In the late '80s and into the 1990s, Jeff even starred in a bunch of projects, though mostly straight to video or made for cable TV, playing good guys and bad guys, including Sketch Artist and The Serpent of Death, disposable genre junk where he usually had his shirt off or was holding a gun or both, for some reason or another. He may be best remembered by some as The Lawnmower Man. He did appear in a couple bigger mainstream projects, Clint Eastwood's White Hunter Black Heart and again with Kasdan and Costner in Wyatt Earp, but neither was very successful. In 1995 Jeff even starred in his own ABC television series, "The Marshal", which lasted only one season.

He has worked more than steadily since then, though almost nothing worth seeing for about a decade. Then he came back on the pop culture radar when Robert Rodriguez cast him in his Grindhouse segment Planet Terror, and shortly thereafter he wound up on over thirty episodes of the last couple seasons of "Lost". Rodriguez used him even more prominently in Machete. He's now fifty-eight-years-old.

But if ain't Fahey, I give up. I've already devoted more time and thought to this snipe hunt than your imprecise incoherence warranted.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Silverado.jpg
Views:	9394
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	7089   Click image for larger version

Name:	MACHETE.jpg
Views:	9778
Size:	336.0 KB
ID:	7090  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

yeah, yeah, snipe hunt. i know, right? but still, i am seriously trying to place this face. all i can figure is that i am actually thinking of either kevin costner or mark harmon or somehow both of them, and that i just haven't surfaced the actual face to the top of my mind. or, something like that. possibly i am insane. but, i am not maliciously trying to mislead anyone.

thanks for the fahey lead. i checked him out, but that's not the face. yeah, yeah. i know. if i could just print out a copy of the face i am seeing in my head, then i could get some real help. haha. ha.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I'll try one. Matthew Modine.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Can you give any other hints like when you might have seen him in a movie, or what decade he might be featured from? Those could be helpful.

i am pretty sure it would have been in the 90s and i really think he's a movie actor, not a television actor, although all i have to go on is his face in my mind. i see him smiling, wearing a white collared shirt, his face turned nearly in profile. seems like it's the end of a movie, the end of a story, when this "pose" takes place.

i halfway convince myself that it's just got to be kevin costner or mark harmon, just a younger version, and then BAM his face will appear on my mind clear as day and i realise he is a different person. when i follow my instincts to find him, i end up looking into baseball movies, period pieces, FBI, cowboy movies, astronaut movies -- hero movies, you know? and, all the type of things that kevin c has on his resume. that leads me back to thinking that it's kevin c and i'm crazy.

okay, i am crazy, but really don't think this is kevin c i am picturing! haha!

i had a strong feeling he was in something like o brother where art thou, but didn't find anyone that matched the face when i looked through the cast. i also thought he might have been in league of their own, but that's probably just some random baseball connection firing off in my mind.

matthew modine is really close, so i am going to go look through some of his movies and see if that's him, but this guy in my mind has a narrower nose. same with jeff fahey - nose too wide.

it is weird to be able to be so specific, and not be able to place him at all, which is why i keep coming back to thinking that it must be a trick of my mind, and it's really just kevin costner / mark harmon that is getting dragged up to the front burner.

Does this actor do narrations for docs or advertisments?
hello. new here and hoping you folks can help me out. i have been driven nearly mad the past 2 weeks trying to think of an actor who looks a bit like kevin costner / mark harmon. i have been searching the internet and scouring imdb, so i've seen all the obvious suggestions. i hope y'all will have some unobvious suggestions for me.

this guy is a character actor, not a lead, with blue eyes, slightly overlapping front teeth, a distinctive adenoidal voice. he's a smallish guy with tan skin.

i can picture him in my mind! i think he played a military man, cowboy, or mobster, but i realise that's not very helpful. seems that he had a role where he tried to convince a friend not to do something desperate/bad.

i got stuck on this after hearing a show on pbs where the narrator sounded just like this guy i cannot place, but when i looked at the credits, the narrator is michael murphy and that's decidedly NOT who i'm trying to think of.

it's not matthew mcconaughey, woody harrelson, kevin costner, mark harmon, leonardo dicaprio, edward norton, alan ruch, casey affleck, matt damon, dennis quaid. i really think he must be a lesser-known actor.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Maybe Bill Paxton, or Marsden

Bill Clinton.

=p

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission

Adam Baldwin...? He has blue eyes, slightly overlapping teeth, he's usually a side character, never a leading man. He has a very memorable voice, too...

?

Here's a list of 250 men and their photos. See if he's in there anywhere. I was going to guess Samuel L. Jackson, but I decided to be somewhat more helpful.http://www.imdb.com/list/X4saPZ42n5A/

mathew fox ?

dennis quaid ?

Does he have a croaky type voice ?
Like as if hes constipated ? lmao

hello. me again! this haunts me off & on, but i think maybe who i'm picturing is mark harmon in his 240-robert era.

or... someone called "tom"...

but no. surely it is the very young mark harmon.

just wanted to follow up here and say that i was serious the first time i posted. can't explain my weird brain... but i post sincerely.

thanks for replying. corbin bersen... huh. can't find any pics of him young. the face i keep seeing is young. but looked up ol corbin on IMDB and damn he's been in some weird ass ****. dentist?? yikes. i also thought maybe mark hamill. the guy i'm picturing was playing a cowboy, cop, mountie... something in authority, outdoors. it's not only the actor. it's more like i am remembering a character. that's why i thought maybe the 240-robert character but it just didn't quite click.