Your Favourite Australian Movie

Tools    

I read a large part of this thread with an Australian accent.

10. Predestination

9. Breaker Morant

8. Chopper

7. The Babadook

6. Mad Max: Fury Road

5. Animal Kingdom

4. The Proposition

3. Gallipoli

2. Mad Max Trilogy

1. Crocodile Dundee

Watch-list:

I read a large part of this thread with an Australian accent.

[center]10. Predestination
I don't think of this as an Australian film, but I will always give a big thumbs up to it getting some recognition.

Are the watch-list movies the ones you haven't seen yet, or are they like your honorable mentions?

I don't think of this as an Australian film, but I will always give a big thumbs up to it getting some recognition.

Are the watch-list movies the ones you haven't seen yet, or are they like your honorable mentions?
Same here, just found out it was Australian while reading this thread. The ones I haven't seen yet.

Same here, just found out it was Australian while reading this thread. The ones I haven't seen yet.
You've got some good stuff ahead of you! I have a pretty high opinion of Rabbit Proof Fence, Mary & Max, Walkabout, The Rover, and Picnic at Hanging Rock is one of my all time favorites. Lantana is really solid.

The Rover, Walkabout, Mad Max and The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, Chopper, The Nightingale, The Piano, Rabbit-Proof Fence, Harvey Krumpt , Animal Kingdom,

I looked up a list of Australian movies on Wikipedia, and double-checked a few that weren't there and of those, Mad Max 2, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, or Crocodile Dundee would be my favorite. Kinda hard to choose.

Didn't much care for The Babadook or the resulting insistence of those who did that I just "didn't get it". Didn't care for Adore either. Didn't enjoy the original Mad Max or the abomination that is Mad Max Fury Road.

Rogue, Wolf Creek , Tomorrow, When the War Began, and Daybreakers were okay but nothing special.

I quite liked Razorback and Quigley Down Under but I was very young at the time I watched those and might have to revisit them to be sure. Boar was pretty good.

These are the only Australian movies I've seen...I think.

This one probably wouldn't have been mentioned here.

It's kinda underrated, starring a young and brilliant Abbie Cornish and Sam Worthington.

It's a movie I love and don't mind rewatching whenever it comes on the telly. Also the music is splendid.

Another one I love.

Ben Mendelsohn was brilliant in this.

The Nightingale and Mad Max: Fury Road

I have seen quite a few Aussie films... but only one is my favourite, and that The Castle. The light-hearted comedy really took me by surprise!

Mad Max and Animal Kingdom.