The shining

Tools    

Finally just seen the movie for the first time and I feel like it’s missing so much as far as substance goes. One scene in particular is when jack confronts his wife and she has the bat. At this point in the movie she doesn’t know Jack is super crazy so why is she roaming the halls with a bat? The last thing she was doing was talking to Danny because he was saying redrum. She leaves him in the room and takes the bat for what? She doesn’t have to many interactions with her husband up to this point. One is when he’s typing and he tells her to leave, another when she tells him to go search room 237 and the scene with the baseball bat.

Doesn’t seem like there’s much for her to go on that her husband is crazy so I don’t quite get why she is defensive of him in this scene. Overall it seems like the dialogue is kept to a minimum and the one who gets the most screen time really is jack. The wife and Danny don’t seem to have many lines up until the baseball bat scene.

I’m not finished with the movie currently at the baseball bat scene now just confused.

Finally just seen the movie for the first time and I feel like it’s missing so much as far as substance goes. One scene in particular is when jack confronts his wife and she has the bat. At this point in the movie she doesn’t know Jack is super crazy so why is she roaming the halls with a bat? The last thing she was doing was talking to Danny because he was saying redrum. She leaves him in the room and takes the bat for what? She doesn’t have to many interactions with her husband up to this point. One is when he’s typing and he tells her to leave, another when she tells him to go search room 237 and the scene with the baseball bat.

In the "redrum" scene, Danny has clear bruises on his jawline and neck, which presumably were caused by the *lady* in 237. Wendy assumes, reasonably, that Jack has in fact injured Danny, given his history of domestic abuse and violent outbursts, in addition to Jack growing increasingly aggravated, possibly drinking again, and, well, generally acting super crazy with the thinnest of cool veneers. The bat is appropriate given this context of Jack's latent violent potential.

Yeah the bat initially appears after Danny is attacked.
She blames Jack for it, and Jack then sits at the bar talking to Lloyd. Wendy then appears with the bat, and tells Jack that Danny has said there was a woman in one of the rooms who attacked him.