looks like kevin costner? mark harmon? ??

Tools    

maybe sam shepherd... was he ever young? (haha)

I'm thinking Josh Lucas looks like a young Kevin Costner! Maybe it's him?!

hello. new here and hoping you folks can help me out. i have been driven nearly mad the past 2 weeks trying to think of an actor who looks a bit like kevin costner / mark harmon. i have been searching the internet and scouring imdb, so i've seen all the obvious suggestions. i hope y'all will have some unobvious suggestions for me.

this guy is a character actor, not a lead, with blue eyes, slightly overlapping front teeth, a distinctive adenoidal voice. he's a smallish guy with tan skin.

i can picture him in my mind! i think he played a military man, cowboy, or mobster, but i realise that's not very helpful. seems that he had a role where he tried to convince a friend not to do something desperate/bad.

i got stuck on this after hearing a show on pbs where the narrator sounded just like this guy i cannot place, but when i looked at the credits, the narrator is michael murphy and that's decidedly NOT who i'm trying to think of.

it's not matthew mcconaughey, woody harrelson, kevin costner, mark harmon, leonardo dicaprio, edward norton, alan ruch, casey affleck, matt damon, dennis quaid. i really think he must be a lesser-known actor.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Hey, not sure if you're even still on here, but thought I'd reply to ask if you could be talking about an actor/director called Dennis Dougan? He's been in bit parts in loads of things and directed a few movies too, my mum and I saw him in something the other day and both said at the exact same time that he's very like Kevin Costner! Similar mannerisms, mouth/teeth, and eyes. Good luck, I hate when you can't remember something and it drives you crazy!

I have no idea if you're even still on this forum, but I had to create a profile just to reply to you. The other night, my husband was watching a PBS doco on the Vietnam War and I happened to walk through the room and I heard the guy narrating and I thought 'Oh, hey, that's that guy that I always get mixed up with Kevin Costner'. I started telling him about this actor who was in these random movies, and I could picture him but I couldn't explain anything about him. I looked up the Vietnam War doc but I must have misread something because the name I got was Ken Burns (which was the director) and he looked nothing like the guy in my mind, there was another name I looked up but I didn't recognise the face so I knew it wasn't him either. And so, I went through an entire list of B movie actors on IMDB - nothing. Then I googled 'actor who looks like Kevin Costner' and your post was on the front page. Your description was exactly what I had in my mind and my husband and I laughed our heads off because it was so uncanny. But, none of your replies were my guy either. I was so annoyed for days and days and then I mentioned my predicament to a friend of mine and so, non-chalantly, he just says 'Oh, do you mean Peter Coyote?' and I was adamant he was not the guy that narrated the PBS show. To show him how wrong he was, I googled Peter Coyote and........there he was, the name to the face/voice that had been driving my absolutely insane. (Turns out the second guy I had looked up earlier was Peter, it was just a more recent pic and it truly doesn't look like him, it's on Wikipedia).I hope he is the same guy in your head and if he isn't, I hope you figured him out already. Either way, he's my guy and my soul has been restored.

I can't post links since I'm newbie here so you'll have to search for him yourself, sorry!

It's James Caan. (or almost every white male actor in history

hello! can't believe the number of years it has been since i posted this but i wanted to share that i have been noodling this off & on for all these years. last night, we were watching "the blacklist" on netflix -- the television show, not the old movie. anyway, there was linus roache as an evil character and everything clicked. the person i was trying to think of all those years ago was linus roache.

i just wanted you to know that i wasn't trying to set up a wild goose chase or anything back then, and i really did have someone's face in my mind. i appreciate all the help and input you all provided!