Dissapointment in the Star Wars DVD's

Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
And the scene when Luke takes of Vader's mask. That's another cool scene, that, thank God, Lucas didn't alter and destroy.

i always liked return of the jedi te best. the beginng scene is awesome and the luke and vader fight was what i was waiting for since i first saw A New Hope and the fight didnt dissapoint me at all.

A system of cells interlinked
Jedi is my least favorite. I still love it though, but the ewoks, combined with the UBER lame musical number in the palace put it at the bottom of the pile for me... Empire is my favorite, as it is more dark and operatic... A New Hope is also a five star film...

Arresting your development
I like Empire all the way vs. A New Hope & Jedi.

Though My favorite part in all three films is the battle on Jabba's Sail Barge.

The People's Republic of Clogher
A New Hope?

Star Wars, surely? Lucas ain't gonna assimilate me....

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
I like Empire all the way vs. A New Hope & Jedi.

Though My favorite part in all three films is the battle on Jabba's Sail Barge.
The score over that scene was the BEST!!! The beats that build up the tension before all hell breaks loose (to be cliche) adds to it immensely.

Originally Posted by Zeiken
Star Wars: A new Hope

The real title of episode IV. Most people dont realize it though.
It was a subtitle to the original film, and only added after Lucas decided to make a trilogy, in fact he only stopped calling it 'Star Wars' quite recently. In interviews about the new trilogy, I think.

For instance, one of the original posters -

A cover from the Special Edition release (from only around 10 years ago) -

When I first saw it, the movie was Staw Wars and that's what it's gonna remain, no matter how many times Lucas does his Stalin impression.

Aye, I was confusing the SE editions with the THX video releases from around 10 yrs ago. I remember trooping to the cinema to watch it thinking, "More Tie Fighters!"

Wrong.

I didn't quite like the idea of adding Hayden at the end of Jedi, not really needed, quite uncalled for!

But you have to give credit when credit is due. Where else can you see a StormTrooper tossing a midget ewok round in the woods? That's a classic and I hope he never messes with that shot. Now if they start throwing Jawas around in Mos Eisley...*****, that would make my day.

You ready? You look ready.
I'd have to say my number one problem with these DVDs is the adding of Hayden Christensen to the ending scene and the changing of the finale song. When all the people are celebrating. I like the original song but, no. George=Gay. *Cough* Major Bumb*
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by John McClane
I'd have to say my number one problem with these DVDs is the adding of Hayden Christensen to the ending scene...
That never grew on me either.

I See You When You're Sleeping
He looks totally unconnected to that scene, like an uninvited guest.

There's treachery afoot!!!
In a couple of years Lucaswill probably come out with The Ultimate Special Collectors Edition DVD Box Set. It'll have all six movie and a whole crap load of special features, like two or three different commentaries, deleted scenes from the original trilogy, and it may even have the originl films without the added scenes, who knows. Lucas will just try to make a quick buck and I will be one of those guys that buys it just like a lot of you.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by MinionTV
He looks totally unconnected to that scene, like an uninvited guest.
Tell you the truth I wouldn't have had a problem if they would have replaced Obi-Wan as well. Or not having Hayden in there at all.