Song Tournament XXVI

Tools    

ROUND 1 DAY 1

Diane Taraz-Let's Go Canoeing on Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

Hoven Droven - Köttpolska

16 Horsepower - Black Soul Choir

Neil Young-Helpless

Barry McGuire-Eve of Destruction

Большой Детский Хор. Лесной олень

Milt Jackson - Criss Cross

pink floyd when the tigers broke free

all cool songs guys

ROUND 1 DAY 1

Eddy Raven - Joe Knows How To Live VS. Diane Taraz-Let's Go Canoeing on Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg-Lake Webster for short, is about an hour from my house. I first heard that song a couple of days ago on My Lottery Dream Home and thought it was catchy.

Kula Shaker - Hey Dude VS. Hoven Droven - Köttpolska-Didn't like the first song.

16 Horsepower - Black Soul Choir VS. Cyndi Lauper - True Colors-I want to like Lauper but I really don't care for any of her songs.

Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage VS. Neil Young-Helpless-I love just about anything Neil Young.

Barry McGuire-Eve of Destruction VS. Holly Williams - Waiting On June-Perhaps my favorite one hit wonder.

Большой Детский Хор. Лесной олень VS. Cliff Richard - Devil Woman-I actually liked that first one but it's been a which since I've heard that good second.

Randy Travis - No Place Like Home VS. Milt Jackson - Criss Cross-I've come to like country but not the lifeless ballads.

Breaking Benjamin - So Cold VS. pink floyd when the tigers broke free-Floyd rules obviously but that song doesn't do anything for me.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 1 DAY 1

Eddy Raven - Joe Knows How To Live VS. Diane Taraz-Let's Go Canoeing on Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

Kula Shaker - Hey Dude VS. Hoven Droven - Köttpolska

16 Horsepower - Black Soul Choir VS. Cyndi Lauper - True Colors

Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage VS. Neil Young-Helpless

Barry McGuire-Eve of Destruction VS. Holly Williams - Waiting On June

Большой Детский Хор. Лесной олень VS. Cliff Richard - Devil Woman

Randy Travis - No Place Like Home VS. Milt Jackson - Criss Cross

Breaking Benjamin - So Cold VS. pink floyd when the tigers broke free

Eddy Raven - Joe Knows How To Live VS. Diane Taraz-Let's Go Canoeing on Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

Breaking Benjamin - So Cold VS. pink floyd when the tigers broke free (Pink Floyd is a top 3 band for me but still that song did nothing for me)

ROUND 1 DAY 1

I like the first, but the second makes old DNA want yo come out and play.

Love the first. The second I like, but it's not my favourite of hers.

Oooh. I dig this. Hadn't heard it before.

Let the night air cool you off
ROUND 1 DAY 1

I've been meaning to check out 16 Horsepower more in depth. Every time I hear one of their songs, I enjoy it. For some reason, I just haven't jumped into their discography yet. Same kinda goes for Neil Young, because I knock around his neck of the musical woods with The Band. I always seem to enjoy hearing his weird, high-pitched voice. I should look into his solo stuff and CSNY. I can do without hearing an Avenged Sevenfold song again. Cyndi Lauper is weird, because I like the idea of her more than I actually like her. I guess that is similar to how cricket feels about her. That Holly Williams song makes me cry. That Barry McGuire song isn't bad, but maybe I'm burnt out on protest songs or something, because I just thought everything about it was pretty obvious. And also, how long can we be on the "eve of destruction" it's like a lot of the Christians I know that keep telling me the world is about to end, but they also said that back around the time of the Crusades. I love old songs about evil women, so that Cliff Richard song is dope to me. The Russian song ain't bad tho. I feel the same way about Randy Travis as I do Cyndi Lauper. If I never hear another Breaking Benjamin song again, it won't be soon enough. Breaking Benjamin vs Pink Floyd is like the 85 Bears against this years Browns. Protest/anti-war songs done in such a specific way as this Floyd songs are the kind I'm not burnt out on, it's like when black comedians do white guy voices. It's funny if it sounds like a specific guy, not so much when it just sounds generic.

ROUND 1 DAY 1

The first sounded cool. The second didn't.

Hey Dude is a good rocker

I've always had a soft spot for True Colors. Such a great song

Neil is cool, but I liked that first song

I've always had a thing for protest songs

My early favorite to win the tourney is Cliff Richard. What a rocking good tune!

Jazz versus country. I'll take jazz

Pink Floyd have way better songs
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Mos Def - Umi Says

Peter Gabriel - Steam

Def Leppard - Two Steps Behind / i guess my rap experience ends up with Public Enemy

Tommy Roe-Dizzy

Joan Jett-Do You Wanna Touch

The Cure - Just Like Heaven

Toto - Africa

Angaleena Presley - Wrangled

all cool songs. Music is beautiful

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Air Supply - Goodbye VS. Mos Def - Umi Says

Motorpsycho - In Our Tree VS. Peter Gabriel - Steam

Def Leppard - Two Steps Behind VS. DMX - Bring Your Whole Crew

Breaking Benjamin - Blow Me Away VS. Tommy Roe-Dizzy

Joan Jett-Do You Wanna Touch VS. George Harrison - Cheer Down

Anja Garbarek - The Gown VS. The Cure - Just Like Heaven

Toto - Africa VS. The Cars - You Might Think

Charlie Rich - Rollin' With the Flow VS. Angaleena Presley - Wrangled

Mos Def is hot and cold for me, but he is one of those rappers that has always had immense potential that I feel he never reached. That said, he does have some good songs. I think he gets a bit overrated by some hip-hopheads though. All that said, he wins this match pretty easily. DMX gets me hype. He's one of the least technically proficient rappers that I enjoy listening to. Def Leppard is not a band that I am too into. If I never listen to another Breaking Benjamin song, it won't be soon enough. Joan Jett is one of the OG bad bitches, but I'm not super into her music. George Harrison is like all the other Beatles, he sucked on his own. "Just Like Heaven" is the best song in the tournament. "Africa" is basically a meme at this point, and I don't understand the joke. It's not a good song, but it's not the type of bad song that is funny to listen to or even make fun of. I'm now a huge fan of Angaleena Presley based off her last album, so this last set is an easy choice for me. Not surprising, considering it's my nomination. I have a soft spot for the Silver Fox, but I am not entirely sure how much of his prolific catalog is any good. I bought a handful of his LPs from Goodwill one time, but I still haven't spun them.

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Air Supply - Goodbye VS. Mos Def - Umi Says That first is like the worst type of music for me.

Motorpsycho - In Our Tree VS. Peter Gabriel - Steam I like Gabriel but he has a few songs that sound similar that I don't care for.

Def Leppard - Two Steps Behind VS. DMX - Bring Your Whole Crew Most great bands have an embarrassing moment, and that's Leppard's.

Breaking Benjamin - Blow Me Away VS. Tommy Roe-Dizzy Hippy shlt foreva!

Joan Jett-Do You Wanna Touch VS. George Harrison - Cheer Down-The only Jett song I love with perhaps the greatest video.

Anja Garbarek - The Gown VS. The Cure - Just Like Heaven Had to find alternate links for both and it was a really great match.

Toto - Africa VS. The Cars - You Might Think Not my favorite from The Cars but it didn't have to be.

Charlie Rich - Rollin' With the Flow VS. Angaleena Presley - Wrangled Liked both, although I wasn't crazy for the backup vocals on the first.

I'm interested in changing my Todd Rundgren song to a different Todd Rundgren song if it will be acceptable.

If it be so, then I'd like this song to be my nomination: Todd Rundgren - Sometimes I Don't Know What To Feel

Farewell to my nomination, "Waiting On June" by Holly Williams. It's a song I can't listen to very often because it makes me cry. Since my Mom died, this song reminds me of my parents and breaks my ******* heart.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 1 DAY 2

(The link for "Anja Garbarek - The Gown" doesn't work because it has two dots between the letter "m" and the word "youtube". You have to delete one dot to make it work.)

The link for "The Cure - Just Like Heaven" has the message "The uploader has not made this video available in your country.", so I used this link instead.)

(The link for "Anja Garbarek - The Gown" doesn't work because it has two dots between the letter "m" and the word "youtube". You have to delete one dot to make it work.)

Oops, I that was my fault. Sorry about that, everyone!

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Just something about this song. Laid back, cool...

Absolutely love Motorpsycho. They're from a small town in Norway. Each album is a little different, and they're one of the best live bands I've ever seen. I've also never seen so many beards and flannel shirts at a concert in my life. And also the only live band where afterwards, I can't feel my legs. This was the song I wanted to nominate last time but couldn't find. I wish I could nominate the my first Motorspycho song, but it's a bit long. Well worth the pay-off though.

But I digress.
I'm kinda getting into hip hop and rap slowly, by odd routes, and the more I hear of DMX the more I like.