Virgin Hall of Fame

Tools    

Glad to hear everyone is excited for this

Can you guys check to see if you can locate all the movies? Now is the time to know if someone needs help finding them. Here's the list of the noms again.

Bottle Rocket (1996)
Directed by: Wes Anderson

The Graduate (1967)
Directed by: Mike Nichols

Deep Cover (1992)
Directed by: Bill Duke

Sophie's Choice (1982)
Directed by: Alan J. Pakula

Leon The Professional (Léon) (1994)
Directed by: Luc Besson

The Return (Vozvrashchenie) (2004)
Directed by: Andrey Zvyagintsev

movies can be okay...
I think I will start tomorrow, by watching either "The Return" or "The Graduate".
I have this whole week off, so I'm hoping by the end of it, I would be finished with at least half of the nominations.

And yeah, from what it looks like, all films will be easily accessible for me.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

All the films should be accessible I'm thinking.

In terms of timing, between work and daddy duties, I'm probably not gonna get to the three I haven't seen this week.

I'll make it a goal to start with Sophie's Choice... I'll shoot for watching that early next week.

way two mainstream

If anybody wants to call out what they are watching next for the Hof, I will try and watch it at around the same time. In other Hofs when several people watch the same movie within a few days of each other, it makes for good conversation.

I just checked and his only other films to get nominated are Rushmore, Moonrise Kingdom and The Grand Budapest Hotel so we still have some way to go before that happens
Hotel Chevalier has been nominated as well.

Léon: The Professional (1994)

I watched this last night! Very interesting and very very different type of movie. I thought young Natalie Portman did an amazing job of acting. I really liked her in V for Vendetta but had never seen her when she was a kid actor. And could she act up a storm or what.

Mathilda was a great character too. I really liked Jean Reno also, last time I seen him was in The Big Blue, I didn't like that movie but I thought he was pretty good in it.

Léon: The Professional was well made movie and looked great, even the soundtrack was very efficient. The subject matter is not general what I would watch but I have to say the film makers did a fine job with the movie.

I feel like Fantastic Mr. Fox was nominated before as well and The Life Aquatic. Is that true, or am I just going crazy?
Going crazy. Enjoy!

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

I watched this last night! Very interesting and very very different type of movie. I thought young Natalie Portman did an amazing job of acting. I really liked her in V for Vendetta but had never seen her when she was a kid actor. And could she act up a storm or what.

Mathilda was a great character too. I really liked Jean Reno also, last time I seen him was in The Big Blue, I didn't like that movie but I thought he was pretty good in it.

Léon: The Professional was well made movie and looked great, even the soundtrack was very efficient. The subject matter is not general what I would watch but I have to say the film makers did a fine job with the movie.
I Told You so

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
During searching those movies I remembered I've seen The return already, so I'll probably start with this one and recall it.

Leon took me a repeated viewing to appreciate its quality. First time I watched it, I remember coming away unimpressed.

It's a really good movie, and when I'm not so backed up on first time movies I wanna see, I'll probably watch it again.

Leon took me a repeated viewing to appreciate its quality. First time I watched it, I remember coming away unimpressed.

It's a really good movie, and when I'm not so backed up on first time movies I wanna see, I'll probably watch it again.
I should have said I watched The Director's Cut, has anybody seen both versions? thoughts? and what are the differences?