What is the most watched dvd in your Collection?

Tools    

Yeah, I gotta go with SoulInside, I've watched The Departed about 50 times since 2007, that's not an exaggeration.

Also, Almost Famous, Day for Night, A History of Violence, and JFK.

I honestly can't get enough of the 'I am a golden god!!' scene where Billy Crudup is drunk and jumps off of a roof into a pool, or the spontaneous 'Tiny Dancer' sing-along in the tour bus. Plus I used to want to be a rock journalist, so this was like a fairy tale-and a director's autobiography.

I also love movies about movies-meta!- and Truffaut's film is the best there is.

David Cronenberg's film has the visceral quality I think he was trying for in all his movies, from Videodrome to The Fly. It actually studies the history of violence in all its nature- uninhibited violence, the violence inherent in all of us, sexual aggression, violence as defense mechanism, the repression of violent urges, etc...

And Oliver Stone's conspiracy theory docu-drama is just a tour de force of filmmaking. It's so dense yet pulls all the pieces together to form a cohesive narrative. Every time I watch it I'm reminded of some bit of trivia attached to the Kennedy assassination. I can watch it 5 times a year.

Oh, and Raiders of the Lost Ark, duh! This is probably the movie closest to my heart and the one I've seen most in my life.

I havent seen it in so long, but Fight Club. Was one of the first movies that actually turned me into a movie lover, i was pretty young.

THe Godfather l ll lll, Unforgiven, Good Will Hunting, Forrest Gump, Rocky, The Bourne Identity, The gauntlet, Million Dollar Baby.

Donnie Darko is definatly one I've watched many a times. Point of No Return...and Without a Paddle

A Clockwork Orange, Heat, or Dark Knight

Air Force One, The Producers (remake) or The Naked Gun (The commentary on the trilogy is hilarious.)

I watch 2001 about once or twice a year.

I watch Apocalypse Now about 3/4 times a year.
Uptil now I have only seen Redux. Not seen the original version at all.

But I've heard people saying that the original is far better, I should try watching it someday.

I have seen 2001 more than twice, but i have to admit that I usually forward those ape scenes.. even though the music is good.

I watch Apocalypse Now about 3/4 times a year.
Uptil now I have only seen Redux. Not seen the original version at all.

But I've heard people saying that the original is far better, I should try watching it someday.
I prefered the Redux version, but that shouldn't surprise anyone here.

I have seen 2001 more than twice, but i have to admit that I usually forward those ape scenes.. even though the music is good.
It took me 5 attempts to watch 2001 before I finally watched it start to finish. That is the most boring film I've ever seen... And I've seen The Shining.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The Terminator or Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade

It took me 5 attempts to watch 2001 before I finally watched it start to finish. That is the most boring film I've ever seen... And I've seen The Shining.
I don't see how The Shining is anywhere near the crawl pace that is 2001. I love watching it though. You've got to really just sit back, set aside a few hours, and enjoy EVERYTHING about it. The details, the music, the compositions. I dunno. I've gotten pretty "good" at watching it.

I love the ape scenes though. They are the most exciting part of the film except the end.

I watch Vertigo maybe once every six weeks or so. I can't get enough of that movie, there's so much in there.

Raiders of the Lost Ark, since I've seen it maybe fifty times since I was a kid, and at least twenty since I got the DVD.

Persona and 2001: A Space Odyssey, because they take repeated viewings for full understanding and appreciation.

Anchorman and The Naked Gun, because they're HILARIOUS.

Vertigo is too melodramatic for me to watch it often. I can watch Rear Window every few months no problem.

I rewatched almost all of Persona just the other day, because I thought we were going to discuss more stuff.

My friends and I are also sad losers like yourself, and we know every line from Anchorman even though we haven't watched it in at least a few years.

I don't see how The Shining is anywhere near the crawl pace that is 2001.
It's not, but I still think it's one of the most boring films I've ever seen.

You've got to really just sit back, set aside a few hours, and enjoy EVERYTHING about it. The details, the music, the compositions.
I find the film a soulless and cold pretty picture. Beautiful to look at, but nothing connects with me at all. It's the only film I've ever fallen asleep during even though I wasn't tired.

I love the ape scenes though. They are the most exciting part of the film except the end.
Now, maybe because it's so boring I've blanked the rest of it, but that was almost beyond dull. I'm having trouble believing it was the "most exciting part".