My collection, please rate

Tools    

American Pie: The Threesome - Box set including all three of the films and an extra dvd contained even more extra features and unseen material.
Family Guy: Season 3
Spaced: Season 1 & 2
Clerks X
Akira: Two disc set
Donnie Darko: Directors cut
Donnie Darko
Shaun of the Dead
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Dogma
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
White Chicks
Trainspotting
Little Nicky
Mr. Deeds
Anger Management
Waterboy
Airheads
Se7en
Going Overboard
Happy Gilmore
The Mummy
Ghost in the Shell
Ricky Gervais Live 2 : Politics
Kung Pow
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
Dude Wheres My Car?
Road Trip
Euro Trip
Dodgeball
Kill Bill: Volume one
Kill Bill: Volume two
Jason X
Urotsukidoji IV: The Infernal Road
The Exorcist
Not Another Teen Movie
The Day After Tomorrow
Me, Myself and Irene
Dawn of the Dead ( 2004 )
The Simpsons Christmas 2
Phoenix Nights: Season 1 & 2
The Jackass Movie
CKY Trilogy round one
CKY Trilogy round two
CKY four latest and greatest
Bottom live 2003
The Simpsons Complete third season
Rush hour 2
That Peter Kay Thing
The Fast and The Furious
Kevin and Perry Go Large

BASH AWAY!

I got for good luck my black tooth.
You need to inject a little bit of class into your collection. Try some classic films, and if you like them get the DVDs. As far as Golden Age films, I would guess someone with your taste would like Hitchcock's work the best and I would say you should start with Psycho. You have a lot of comedy so in that vain I would recommend some classics like: Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Airplane!. Then some newer stuff like The Big Lebowski. Try venturing outside of mainstream new releases a bit more. You might be surprised at what you find .

American Pie: The Threesome - Box set including all three of the films and an extra dvd contained even more extra features and unseen material. = C
Family Guy: Season 3 = B+
Spaced: Season 1 & 2 = N/A
Clerks X = B
Akira: Two disc set =N/A
Donnie Darko: Directors cut =N/A
Donnie Darko - Theatrical release = A-
Shaun of the Dead = A-
Mallrats =N/A
Chasing Amy =N/A
Dogma =B-
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back =C+
White Chicks =F
Trainspotting =N/A
Little Nicky =D
Mr. Deeds =D-
Anger Management =C-
Waterboy =C
Airheads =C
Se7en =A
Going Overboard =F
Happy Gilmore =C+
The Mummy =C+
Ghost in the Shell =N/A
Ricky Gervais Live 2 : Politics =N/A
Kung Pow =C+
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery =B-
Dude Wheres My Car? =D+
Road Trip = N/A
Euro Trip = C+
Dodgeball = C-
Kill Bill: Volume one = B+
Kill Bill: Volume two = A
Jason X = F
Urotsukidoji IV: The Infernal Road = N/A
The Exorcist = A-
Not Another Teen Movie = D
The Day After Tomorrow = C-
Me, Myself and Irene = B
Dawn of the Dead ( 2004 ) = B
The Simpsons Christmas 2 =B+
Phoenix Nights: Season 1 & 2 =N/A
The Jackass Movie =B
CKY Trilogy round one =B+
CKY Trilogy round two =B+
CKY four latest and greatest =B+
Bottom live 2003 =N/A
The Simpsons Complete third season =A-
Rush hour 2 =B-
That Peter Kay Thing =N/A
The Fast and The Furious =C-
Kevin and Perry Go Large =N/A

your list isn't really my style,if i was you then i would get some classics in your collection and less mainstream teen comedies

Yea I guess i'll start looking

If you like Ghost in the Shell, you should check out Applesed, the original manga was written by the same person, and its pretty cool.

"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence." Alex (A Clockwork Orange)

Can we try with real bullets now?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any Kubrick, Scorsese, or Spielberg on that list. I would suggest picking up some of their stuff now. Good collection otherwise, it's nice to see that you own Trainspotting and Se7en.

Wow, a whole bunch of Adam Sandler flicks and the oldest movie you have in your collection is 1988's Akira. I am unimpressed.

I'll just leave it at that.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Can we try with real bullets now?
oldest movie you have in your collection is 1988's Akira.
The Exorcist (1973) at least he owns one classic film I still think it's a decent collection for a 15 year old who loves Kevin Smith

Originally Posted by Misirlou
The Exorcist (1973) at least he owns one classic film I still think it's a decent collection for a 15 year old who loves Kevin Smith
Ahhh, I did indeed miss the one pre-1980s film he has in the collection. My eyes started to glaze over by the time I got down to White Chicks and Little Nicky. So, one single movie made in the '70s and I think just the one from the '80s. But definitely nothing older than that.

On the positive side, I adore "Spaced". I do have fourteen of those titles in my collection, but most of the others I wouldn't even allow in my neighborhood, much less on the shelves in my home.

I also have A clockwork orange, if that makes any difference now >,>

A system of cells interlinked
Overall rating

I am assuming you are a bit young, so I grade on a curve here. There are a few films I like, but not much that tries to uses the language of cinema to it's full extent. Also, I am not the biggest comedy person. Still, I am sort of picking up on your style and will recommend some stuff that I feel you won't find to fuddy-duddy, but are films I feel are very well made.

Dark City (Proyas, 1999)
The Big Lebowski (Coens, 1999)
Goodfellas (Scorsese, 1990)

Also, do you dig sort of strange flicks? Surreal and odd?

Check out David Lynch's work....

Mulholland Drive
Lost Highway

VERY weird, and at first watch, his films don't make a ton of sense. Great stuff to mull over after watching...

Im not trying to be mean or anything but Im 15 years old also and my dvd collection has alot of older movies while i do have some movies that alot of people don't like for example Scary movie and all the Friday the 13ths that came in the collection for the most part I have at least what i think are pretty good movies. Like someone said above me you should et more Scorsese,kubrick and Hitchcock. I suggest the first Scorsese box set the one with Goodfellas, Mean streets ect. that set got me into Scorsese.

Originally Posted by Gods_third_leg
Ok here we go, Firstly holden your opinion does not count on this matter as I have no respect for you, I have seen your other posts, for example instead of helping a guy out with his story you just told him it was a bad idea.
Why is that bad? The guys asked if people liked it, Holden said he didn't like it. That was it. The guy didn't ask for help, he asked if anyone liked it. Please read the thread title. Holden is rough around the edges, but a damn cool cat. I have a respect for people who don;t beat around the bush, and just tell it like it is. This country seems to have serious lack of that, lately.

You will come to find Holden is one of the most well respected, and certainly the most knowledgeable people on the site. If you choose to ignore his posts and all the great information he posts, it's your loss. After all, it does say "One honery sumbitch" under his name, doesn't it. Holden is one of the reasons I come to MoFo, and I consider him a respected collegue.... The guy has busted my balls 1000 times, but it's all in good fun. You MUST have a somewhat thick skin to be on these boards, or any internet forum, IMO. If you post information, and ask people to rate it, you must be prepared to have people hate it, as well as love it.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents on the issue.

EDIT: Why did you remove your collection?

Nono, i understand that, and i'm sure he is a nice guy, but I just think maybe he's a bit blunt, being nice can get a person a long way.

I don't care what he says about me, that's fine, I use forums a lot anyways so I am used to stuff like that.

Sorry if I got a bit out of hand it's just he annoyed me when I saw his reply to another guys post.

Sorry for the trouble, thanks for putting me straight.

Originally Posted by Gods_third_leg
Nono, i understand that, and i'm sure he is a nice guy, but I just think maybe he's a bit blunt, being nice can get a person a long way.

I don't care what he says about me, that's fine, I use forums a lot anyways so I am used to stuff like that.

Sorry if I got a bit out of hand it's just he annoyed me when I saw his reply to another guys post.

Sorry for the trouble, thanks for putting me straight.
Well, I didn't say he was nice.. Just that I respect him. Don't get me wrong, Holden has done nice things for people, me included, but he just will never sugar coat anything, or beat around the bush. It is quite refreshing, actually, in this homogenized world we live in. Holden busts balls, it's sort of his style, and again, he is the resident film guru, and a valuable addition to MoFO, IMO. The place would not be the same without him.

And, dude, no trouble, and don't worry about apologizing to anyone, just say what's on your mind and move on. And please, put your collection back up, and stand by it. Regardless of if you want it to or not, your taste will invariably change if you hang around MoFo, or not really change, but broaden. Mine sure did. I still like a lot of the stuff I used to dig, even if I now file it under guilty pleasures. Like what you like, by all means, but give some of the other stuff a shot, as you may like it too, and learn a few things along the way.

Take it wasy, man

Mike Sedai
The resident new member shrink of MoFo...

EDIT for got to mention, we may learn a thing or two from you as well....

Ah, thankyou for the boost, needed that =p

I'll put it back up.

and yea i'll be adding to it, my wish list includes a few older movies anyways.

Just a question, I have been meaning to rent these films out for a few months now, but Evil Dead, worth watching?

Thanks once again

Yes, Evil Dead is worth watching. But after you're done with that, make sure you watch the sequels Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn and Army of Darkness, judging from your DVD collection I'm sure you'll love them.