DVD copying right or wrong?

Tools    

Originally Posted by joshuafor
I mean I downloaded a movie once and it one sucked the quality was the worst someone's head was in the middle of the screen....someone talking or head in the middle of it!
Where is this that you wasted time downloading that?

You ready? You look ready.
Oh yea. I burn loads of DVDs. Blue ones, red ones, shiny ones, dull ones. They all burn very nicely. I just gather them up into a pile and throw them on the fire. Lots of people do it you know.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I've downloaded the odd film, They have never gone in to my collection though, If i like the film i downloaded i'll go and buy it when it's released, plus i do make copies of some of the films i own, so i can watch them in the car or when i'm in my lorry at work, it saves ruining the original.

Originally Posted by diamondgeeza
I've downloaded the odd film, They have never gone in to my collection though, If i like the film i downloaded i'll go and buy it when it's released, plus i do make copies of some of the films i own, so i can watch them in the car or when i'm in my lorry at work, it saves ruining the original.
Man I guess I am just out of the loop cause I have never thought of making an extra copy of a film for backup. I just have the one I own and I am good. I just never thought let me make a backup just in case. but thats me!

Methinks Holden would see no wrong in holding up a bank (With a handful of holes and a big grin to pass the time of day). Sounds like he's a bit wild and hangs around with the wrong bunch.

But on a more serious note the answer to copying is very simple...........

Get the prices DOWN, I for one like to own brand new originals not dodgy copies, but the companies involved need to lower their prices!!!

If they're getting good value for money most people would, I'm sure, prefer to buy new!!!

The Adventure Starts Here!
Lower the prices? Not sure I agree with that. Perhaps you have to be slightly older to appreciate the fact that you can OWN movies at all. I'm 45, and it wasn't until I was an adult that you could buy a movie on VHS. When I was a kid, you couldn't even record anything to watch later or rent it to watch at home. That meant you had to see movies in the theater or wait patiently for them to arrive on the television.

And, HBO wasn't throwing movies onto the screen six months after their theatrical release, either. If you missed a movie, you really missed it.

So, for me to peruse an online catalog (I don't even need to leave my house) and pick out just about any movie I want to OWN for about fifteen bucks (when it costs over half that to see it once in the theater) is amazing!

And now I have Netflix too, so I can see movies I want all the time and I still don't have to leave my house to do it.

To me, I think buying DVDs is a cheap way to have access to movies I want any time I want. One generation behind me, and it's already being taken for granted. That's a shame.

I bought a dvd the other day from a shop which is a factory pressed dvd(original).People do it everyday this I know.BUT how many other people have got it home put it in there dvd player to find out it is a very poor pirate copy???Obviously not only the individuals who pirate dvds.Has anyone else came across this?

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
Flame me but I am partial to a few usenet dvdrs. Ive probably gone through over 100 blank dvdrs.

Hmm make that a lot of usenet dvdrs.