Rate That Movie : Harry and Tonto

Tools    

I watched it a couple weeks ago and gave it a
. Reminded me of The Straight Story a lot which I gave the same rating. I like the main character and I was fully engaged. Nothing about it hooked me like it did you though. I think with this type of film you have to feel a connection with the main character that makes him feel like a kindred spirit. That way you connect emotionally with the journey. That was missing in both cases for me. Very solid film and I can see why people would love it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm no where near Harry's age, but they show the lives and generations of the grandfather, children, and grandchildren in the 70's. I've never had a cat, but I can understand what it represented to him, and what can represent friendship to me.

Very curious to read any other reviews on this movie. Very glad you all saw it.. If only I was a dictator...

I like this film very much. Of course I like cats and I like Art Carney and I like (basically) happy endings. I like that you just sort of amble through the movie ( may sound like a strange analogy but to me it ''s like watching a baseball game on an early spring day) I like the characters, who are more true to life than most (the bespectacled hitchhiking gal, the son on the verge of financial ruin) and although it is sort of a flight of fancy, there 's something real about that rings true to me. It comes around on my local station a few times a year and I never fail to enjoy it.

P. S. I don't know how to post those 'bags' ( and honestly, dear, kind and indulgent mofos- you would be doing us all a favor if you did NOT try to teach me, I already read the instructions which did not make a dent on this 20 th century brain &#128580

But... Harry and Tonto can have all my popcorn. 😀

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I liked this movie well enough. Maybe another go around would put it on my favorites.

This is a movie that gets better with each new watch, especially noticing things in the background I didn't notice before.. If you check it out, I hope you enjoy! I'd love to read your review.