honeykid's DVD Collection

Tools    

Headhunters is a surprisingly good scandinavian action thriller. Very well made and intense.

Wasn't a fan of Serpent and the Rainbow, but I haven't seen it since I was a kid.

Virgin Suicides I've always wanted to see!

The People Vs Larry Flynt

Elite Squad

Going The Distance

Hard Boiled

In The Hands Of The Gods

Bleak House

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
for Hard Boiled and especially People vs Larry Flynt; I really need to watch that again actually. I don't remember a great deal about Going the Distance but think I enjoyed it well enough, almost predominantly because of Drew. Don't think I'd heard of In The Hands of the Gods but sounds potentially interesting

Thanks, JD.

I wasn't sure if I already had Hard Boiled on dvd or not, but as it was 50p I thought worry about it.

Sadly we have to suffer Justin Long, but Drew more than makes up for it and I like that film.

The People Vs Larry Flynt is a great film and one which gets overlooked far too often. Courtney Love is fantastic and pretty much steals most of the scenes she's in which, when she's in the same scenes as Harrelson on top of his game, is something worth seeing.

They're both proper replacements for previous copies. If you're looking for a good tv show to watch and you've not seen it, then go back to the 90's and get Murder One. Fantastic stuff which, while fairly commonplace now, was revolutionary at the time and the quality is still up there with anything similar you'd care to mention. Frankly it's worth checking out for Daniel Benzali's performance alone, but the fact that Stanley Tucci is also in as one of my all time favourite characters, Richard Cross, makes it unmissable, IMO.

Interesting mix. I've not seen a single minute of any of the TV shows you've got there. And then there's Titanic. Really? For some reason that one really surprises me. Didn't think that would be one you'd like

I've not seen minute one of Downton and I've been waiting to try the first series ever since I learned that Jullien Fellows was the writer, but I didn't get the chance. It was only a £1.50 so I bought it. Then on Sunday saw that they were showing them all on ITV Encore. Typical.

I missed the first couple of episodes of Life, but I've seen the rest of the programme and really liked it. It's a shame they cancelled it. Like all the others, it was just a couple of pounds.

Oz is fantastic and I've seen episodes from all over the series, but it was something which was shown at about 3am sometime over the weekend and was forever getting moved around. As with the others, as it was the first season and cheap, I thought I'd get it.

I really enjoyed The Paradise. I like both series, but preferred the first. Dracula was another which I liked but it was cancelled. It was like Penny Dreadful, but just Dracula and I enjoyed it. Had it had a naked Billie Piper Penny Dreadful wouldn't have anything over it.

I've not seen Titanic since 1998, but I loved it back then. There's no doubt that seeing it on the big screen it's a different film, but I still enjoyed it on the small screen.

I've not seen minute one of Downton and I've been waiting to try the first series ever since I learned that Jullien Fellows was the writer, but I didn't get the chance. It was only a £1.50 so I bought it. Then on Sunday saw that they were showing them all on ITV Encore. Typical.
I've never fancied it in the slightest. British period dramas really are not my thing. What about Julian Fellowes (or Jullien Fellows if you prefer ) made you interested?

And yeah that is typical. I've had that happen numerous times; I've blind bought a film or TV show to try and then the next thing you know I spot it in the TV listings.

I missed the first couple of episodes of Life, but I've seen the rest of the programme and really liked it. It's a shame they cancelled it. Like all the others, it was just a couple of pounds.
Don't think I had actually heard of Life, seems like it somehow completely escaped my attention.

I've not seen Titanic since 1998, but I loved it back then. There's no doubt that seeing it on the big screen it's a different film, but I still enjoyed it on the small screen.
Wow. For some reason I would never have predicted you being a fan of Titanic. It's a movie I've always meant to go back to for years and years now. I've not seen it since probably about the same time and really don't remember much about it. In my mind I think it's a bit naff but I think that's more as a result of so many people slamming it in the years since that it's planted that thought in my head.

I meant to check that, but for some reason I was sure he spelt it Julien. I just put the "e" in the wrong place.

Anyway, Julian Fellowes wrote Gosford Park, which I absolutely loved, as well as Vanity Fair, Julian Fellowes Investigates series (which I also own) and Young Victoria. Simply, he writes this stuff really, really well. Had I known he'd written Downton, I'd have watched it. I might not have liked it (I still might not) but I'd have given it the chance on the strength of his name. Plus, he's a really nice bloke apparently. A friend of mine used to work for someone who knows the family and he met him a few times.

I thought Life was really good. I'd certainly recommend giving it a go.

I completely loved Titanic. At the time I picked up a few promotion props and had them around the house, including two big vertical banners (one Jack, one Rose) in my front room. I was just blown away by it on the big screen.

Plus rep for The People vs. Larry Flynt, and Let the Right One In. Never seen the US remake of the latter.

Do you own Milos Forman's other biopic Man on the Moon? I really like that one too. Especially the Tony Clifton stuff which is hilarious. I need this gig like a shotgun blast to the face! It's almost on a par with The People vs. Larry Flynt which is one of my favourite films of the 90's. Harrelson, Love and Norton are all fantastic and the film does a good job of flinging your emotions around.

Went through a massive John Woo and Hong Kong heroic bloodshed phase just before Chow Yun-Fat went Hollywood with The Replacement Killers and Woo made Broken Arrow, and Face/Off. Didn't really like any of those and lost interest after that. Hard Boiled is probably the one that really got him noticed though. Not sure if I'd still like it today after watching The Killer again last year and disliking all the 'Mickey Mouse' sentimentality. Have you got any of the A Better Tomorrow series, Full Contact, City on Fire or Tiger on the Beat? I enjoyed all of those back in the day. Had quite a few videos on the Hong Kong Collection label.

I own the same edition of The Serpent and the Rainbow as part of my Wes Craven collection. Very watchable, but not one of my favourites from him. Prefer The People Under the Stairs and Deadly Blessing. Did you get it because it's Craven, or for Cathy Tyson?

I got it because I remember you liking it and writing about it. I saw it way back when and wasn't that impressed, so I thought I'd give it a go now.

I have seen the first two A Better Tomorrow films. I think I have the second one on VHS somewhere.

I got it because I remember you liking it and writing about it. I saw it way back when and wasn't that impressed, so I thought I'd give it a go now.
I've never reviewed The Serpent and the Rainbow on here, so you must mean my collection thread. Yeah, I like it well enough but wouldn't go out of my way to recommend the film.

I have seen the first two A Better Tomorrow films. I think I have the second one on VHS somewhere.
The first one has one of the best shootouts I've ever seen. I'm talking about the sequence were Chow leaves the backup pistols in a plant pot on a hit so he doesn't have to reload. Love the way that whole scene plays out.

The second one is a bit silly (his twin brother), but culminates with some really great gun and swordplay. It's actually one of the films Clarence is watching with Alabama in True Romance.

Are these all actual purchases or is it life before where you're acquiring them from people who are getting rid of them or something?

No, these are all purchases. That was the only time that happened. Sadly, people don't usually give me films.

Why? Are you surprised about something?

Californication: Seasons 1-3

Edge Of Tomorrow

A Town Called Eureka: Season 1

V - The Complete Collection - The Original Mini-Series / The Final Battle / The Series

Miranda: Series 1 & 2

Nightcrawler