The Andromeda Strain (1971) - Robert Wise

Tools    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_An...ain_%28film%29

Synopsis:

A Silicon based alien virus is brought to Earth, where all the living organisms are Carbon based, and have no immune defense system against such virus.

Trailer:

Musical trailer that I made, in order to show the Art House and grim/gothic poetic/art side of this original film, which is science fiction treated artistically:

My trailer features these songs:

1) "Everyday is like sunday" (1988) Morrissey
2) "Alice" (1983) The Sisters of Mercy

Posted on the wrong sub-forum. Please move this topic to the Film Reviews sub-forum, if any moderator reads this. Thanks.

Posted on the wrong sub-forum. Please move this topic to the Film Reviews sub-forum, if any moderator reads this. Thanks.
You can ensure we'll see something by tagging one of us. Otherwise we might not for a few days (like just now).

Anyway, as already noted, I don't see a review here. This just seems like a synopsis and a fan trailer.

Really enjoyed this film, very gripping and keeps you in the edge throughout, i like how they kept it up to the viewer's imagination how that germ is and how you get infected from it, i d say one of the best scifi thrillers of the 70s

Good book. Good flick.

I recall thinking that it was cinematically good, but that the sci part of sci-fi was sacrificed to the fi part. I'm good with suspension of belief but the chemistry of the organism just didn't meet my stink test. That aspect of it just amounted to "scary thing kills everybody". They would have been better with a terrestrial germ that kills everybody, but make it faster and more lethal than the ones we know about.

Good book. Good flick.
I admittedly never did read the book "Andromeda Strain", but I did see the movie! Interesting and intense!

I admittedly never did read the book "Andromeda Strain", but I did see the movie! Interesting and intense!

Chrichton is great at world-building. The premise is a valid one. We have no idea how screwed we might be in encountering a truly alien life-form, even a simple amoeba-like one. Arguably we would most likely be like ships passing in the night, not having enough in common to compete or even recognize a competing life form. On the other hand, to the extent that we did interact physically/biochemically, it would likely be disastrous (e.g., the lab accident is more likely to give you cancer than make you Spider Man or the Flash) and lay waste to one of the lifeforms. First contact may very well be a biological holocaust and almost certainly not bumpy-headed aliens emerging from a saucer speaking English.