DVDs for sale, (many are still sealed)

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@gbgoodies
First, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. If you had posted here on this previously, I do not remember so apologies for not commenting if I missed it. I hope this process is more therapeutic than grieving.
Sorry for your loss. It's a tough thing going through someone else's things, but I can tell that your mom had great taste in movies and TV, though. Is that where you got it from?

Thank you both. I thought I posted about it last year when my mother passed away, but I may have just PMed a couple of people to let them know why I was off the board for a while. (I was going through a tough time back then, so my memory is a bit hazy about some stuff.)

It's tough going through someone else's stuff, especially a loved one, but it brings back some fond memories too.

Mom and I watched a lot of the same movies and TV shows. She introduced me to the old classic movies when I was very young, as well as shows like Star Trek, and we watched a lot of the same current TV shows. (But she had more of a love for the BBC shows than I did.)

Second, I'll try to PM you later this evening on a few titles.

Third, Good luck with the sales, and GREAT AVATAR!!!

Okay, that's great. Just let me know what you're interested in..

Thanks, and that's actually just a placeholder avatar right now because I can't decide what I want to change it to.

@gbgoodies, your mother had the same tastes as I do. I would love to buy something, but, so far, I already own everything that I would be interested in. As you know, I am also a collector. I also do not buy Blu Ray.

Will keep reading this thread though

IMO, my mother had great taste in movies and TV shows, but she liked the BBC shows much more than I do.

Being that this is a movie forum, I kind of expected that many people here might already have a lot of the stuff that they might want, but I just wanted to give people here a chance to buy them before I sell them elsewhere.

Thanks

It's hard to sell DVD's these days as everything has switched to digital.

I don't think I've actually watched a dvd this year.

While many people have switched to streaming, I think there are still a lot of people who still like to own the physical media. I have a large DVD collection, but I was still able to add a lot of stuff from her collection to mine.

I've not seen it, but I know GBG really likes it, she's always trying to get me to watch it

I've been watching "The Big Bang Theory" since the very first episode, and it's one of my all-time favorite TV shows. There have been some great guest stars throughout the show, (including several "Star Trek" stars). Anyone who's a sci-fi fan, a computer geek, or if you just enjoy a great comedy, should watch "The Big Bang Theory".

(The only reason that I sold those DVDs is because I already have the complete series on DVD. )

You ready? You look ready.
I really enjoyed The Big Bang Theory but I do think it went a couple seasons too long. By the end, the writing was formulaic, but that’s just one of the cons of sitcoms. That and those god awful laugh tracks.

But when you take into consideration it was filmed in front of a live audience and there was a lot of different takes of the same scenes these are forgivable cons. I would have loved to be in the audience for a taping. Everything I read says it was a pretty awesome atmosphere on set.

I really enjoyed The Big Bang Theory but I do think it went a couple seasons too long. By the end, the writing was formulaic, but that’s just one of the cons of sitcoms. That and those god awful laugh tracks.

But when you take into consideration it was filmed in front of a live audience and there was a lot of different takes of the same scenes these are forgivable cons. I would have loved to be in the audience for a taping. Everything I read says it was a pretty awesome atmosphere on set.

I'm one of the few people who doesn't mind laugh tracks. Personally, I don't think "The Big Bang Theory" was on long enough. I probably would have watched the show if it had continued for another 10-12 years. There were still plenty of iconic guest stars who could have appeared on the show.

TBBT is one of the shows where I could relate to the characters, especially Sheldon. I see some of his idiosyncrasies in me, just not to his extreme.

Like you, I would have loved to have seen it filmed live, or even just to have gone to one of their Comic-Con panels.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Holy crap! Did I really order so many!? lol
@gbgoodies
Box arrived earlier today and I have to say it was very well packed! I needed a blow torch to get inside. lol. Very secure, and the item list was totally pro.

Thanks for posting all this!!1!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

@gbgoodies
Box arrived earlier today and I have to say it was very well packed! I needed a blow torch to get inside. lol. Very secure, and the item list was totally pro.

Of course she's a pro at packing and listing, she has lots of practice from ebay! So..what DVDs did you buy?

@gbgoodies

Yes, you did. And I appreciate it.

I'm glad the DVDs got to you safe and sound. After 20 years of buying and selling on eBay, I've learned a few things, including not to trust the shipping company to get the items there safely if they're not packed properly. (Now if I could just teach this to some of the sellers who I buy from, I'd be happy. )

You're very welcome. Thank you for buying, and enjoy your many upcoming hours of DVD watching.