MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Season

Tools    

Trout is talking about skipping the season. If a few big names decide to bag the season, I think this thing gets canceled for real this time. Definitely. Maybe. I think.

Already have one of my best players isolating due to covid. Should be an interesting juggling act this year. Is it possible to expand the IL a few spots? Might come in handy.

Yeah, the default Yahoo league is doing that and I'll do the same. One extra? Two? I'm open-minded. I'll add one right now for sure, though.

This is gonna be weird, somebody's gonna win the league because of some dude who plays the half-season of his life, I guess. Oh well, better than nothing.

Yeah, the default Yahoo league is doing that and I'll do the same. One extra? Two? I'm open-minded. I'll add one right now for sure, though.

This is gonna be weird, somebody's gonna win the league because of some dude who plays the half-season of his life, I guess. Oh well, better than nothing.

I got 3 players that are suspected to have Covid 19, Urquidy-Glasnow-Meadows. Even though the seasons a small one I feel winning it will actually be more of an accomplishment than normal.

The more DL, IR, or whatever they're called the better.

I added a fourth slot. I'd kinda like to add another bench slot but I feel less cool doing that "unilaterally" (or even under the, "I'm doing it, complain after and we'll talk" standard).

So for now, four IL slots, but if it's a DISASTER I might make a judgment call and add a fifth, hopefully only if it's so obviously needed that no one will object even midseason.

Hi All! I hope you're all doing well.

Chris/League -- Assuming we indeed have an MLB season this year, can we consider any kind of compensation pick for managers losing possible opt-out players? In my other league, we're planning to do a sort of offline draft where people can choose from the undrafted players (and the LM is doing the drop/add).

For full disclosure, I have one player who has opted out (David Price) and another very likely opt out (Carlos Carrasco).

Just so nobody will make any excuses later we can just redraft altogether.

I might have 3 out but I'd be ok with either.

Hi All! I hope you're all doing well.

Chris/League -- Assuming we indeed have an MLB season this year, can we consider any kind of compensation pick for managers losing possible opt-out players? In my other league, we're planning to do a sort of offline draft where people can choose from the undrafted players (and the LM is doing the drop/add).

For full disclosure, I have one player who has opted out (David Price) and another very likely opt out (Carlos Carrasco).
I'm willing to consider this if somebody has a good idea about how to handle it. I wouldn't imagine just getting first pick of free agents (which I assume is what you mean by "undrafted players"?) is much compensation, but that's more than fine with me.

I'd be okay rolling those owners to the top of the waiver list to start, too.

Hopefully not very, if it's just free agents and waiver stuff that should be easy, I think.

I'll just be thrilled to be watching baseball, work or no.

I think either option would be fine. Maybe just the waiver reordering if only a few drafted players are lost, and maybe a short offline draft if it's a higher number.

For the latter, assuming that the LM can manually edit rosters and you don't mind doing so, the managers losing players to opt out do a quick draft based on the draft picks lost to opt out. So, if the 50th overall pick is the highest drafted player to opt out, that manager gets the first pick, and so on. Maybe we just set a deadline, like a few days before the season starts to do it.

I'd only be open to a full redraft only if lots of players drop out, particularly those drafted in the first few rounds of our draft.

A system of cells interlinked
Is there a running list anywhere of the players that have opted out?

Yeah, I can edit rosters, so I'm fine with you guys doing an informal offline draft and just mirroring that. But since those guys are all FA and you could grab them whenever I think bumping you to the top of the waiver order is more valuable (I'd be fine with both, though).

I agree a redraft probably only makes sense with a lot of drops of big names. Though I also think there's very little daylight between "enough big drops to want to redraft" and "enough big drops that MLB cancels the season."

Is there a running list anywhere of the players that have opted out?
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...f-2020-season/

Price is the most significant player opting out so far. Not sure if anybody in our league drafted Ian Desmond or Mike Leake, but they're the next two as of now.

Yeah, I can edit rosters, so I'm fine with you guys doing an informal offline draft and just mirroring that. But since those guys are all FA and you could grab them whenever I think bumping you to the top of the waiver order is more valuable (I'd be fine with both, though).

I agree a redraft probably only makes sense with a lot of drops of big names. Though I also think there's very little daylight between "enough big drops to want to redraft" and "enough big drops that MLB cancels the season."
Mmm, yeah, free agency is probably better. I guess maybe a quick, mini draft could be useful if there's a mass opt out in the next week.

No, but maybe I should. I wonder what watching the games will be like with no crowd noise? Japan has their own solution: https://observer.com/2020/07/japanes...oftbank-hawks/