What Rock/Metal bands would you recommend?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Check out Iced Earth. They are amazing and are the only metal I listen to anymore.
This didn't age well!

A whole discography ruined by that asshat

I can’t listen to it anymore.

So now it’s just Daysend, Kamelot, and Primal Fear
These days, I have to separate the art from the artist when it comes to music and film. Otherwise, I would probably have to stop paying attention to both.

Manowar
Doro
Adrenaline mob
Powerwolf
Grave digger
Steel panther
Warrant
Helloween
Indochine
Satan's satyrs
Pagan

i listen their metal music everyday
i owe no one explanations

I will add some to the list:

Dark Tranquility
Amorphis
Be'Lakor
Agalloch
Moonsorrow
Insomnium
Omnium Gatherum
Wintersun
Katatonia
Ensiferum

Rock:
Fields of the Nephilim
Poets of the Fall
Steven Wilson

Metal:
Blut Aus Nord
Devin Townsend
Type O Negative

Bands that are a little of both:
Porcupine Tree
Riverside
Voyager

Possibly my favorite Canadian.
He has 2(!) albums coming out next week. Crazy, eh?
Just behind Rush for me! What are your favorite Devy records?

I like Ocean Machine, Ziltoid, and Sky Blue. Transcendence also awesome. That said, I like most of what he does, and own a fair amount of his stuff on vinyl.

Katatonia is one of my favs!
Also:
My Dying Bride
Paradise Lost
Emperor (going to see them live in 2022, can't wait)
Ihsahn
Angra
Almah
André Matos
Shaman
Darkthrone

Let me recommend brazilian Edu Falaschi's new album VERA CRUZ:

The best of 2021 imo.

Just behind Rush for me! What are your favorite Devy records?

I like Ocean Machine, Ziltoid, and Sky Blue. Transcendence also awesome. That said, I like most of what he does, and own a fair amount of his stuff on vinyl.
I also like all of his records, but my favorites are Infinity, Terria - the first one I listened to - and Epicloud.
I hope you get to see him live if you haven't already because his shows are so much fun. They might as well be part metal show, part stand-up comedy because he has such a zany, self-deprecating sense of humor.

I also like all of his records, but my favorites are Infinity, Terria - the first one I listened to - and Epicloud.
I hope you get to see him live if you haven't already because his shows are so much fun. They might as well be part metal show, part stand-up comedy because he has such a zany, self-deprecating sense of humor.
I caught the Ziltoid II tour with Animals as Leaders. I wasn't over the moon for that record, so i wish i had caught him on a different tour, but it was still awesome.

This guy! Arktis is a fantastic record. I frequently listen to it while I am exercising.
Love that album. "Until I Too Dissolve" is always on my playlist.